Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Is there an easy way to report a driver.

Just returned home and on the whole it was a great experience except in Dubai returning to the airport. Pretty sure we could smell alcohol on the drivers breath. But even without this he was dangerous. I had to tell him to back off on his driving.

Constantly at around 90 mph and coming up to within inches of other drivers at speed flashing his lights in the outside lane. At one point when another driver refused to move he drove so close that it would have been impossible to stop. No more than 6 feet. Very aggressive and dangerous. He claimed we would be late. No real traffic at 5am! Whether it was because he had turned up 30 minutes early and had to wait, I'm not sure.

Even at the airport he was impatient ignoring the turn off and hoping he could push in further up. When that failed he shot off and had to do a u turn further along the road.

Not a pleasant journey.

All others have been excellent.
Tweet to EmiratesSupport with your booking reference (in a direct message rather than public tweet), but be aware if you mention the alcohol you'll very likely cost the driver his job and have him deported, if not imprisoned first.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Tweet to EmiratesSupport with your booking reference (in a direct message rather than public tweet), but be aware if you mention the alcohol you'll very likely cost the driver his job and have him deported, if not imprisoned first.
You're assuming that the driver is not a UAE-native. And if said driver didn't want to face the consequences then, well, you know...
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by techie
You're assuming that the driver is not a UAE-native.
You've gotta be kidding me.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
You've gotta be kidding me.
It's possible, assuming he was picked up in a LaFerrari!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:47 am

Apologies since i am sure this has already been covered but with a 63 page thread it's hard to search and the original Wiki being from 2014.
My questions are what type of car do F passengers receive in Dubai? Also, as with other chauffeur services, does your driver meet you at the baggage carousel in Dubai or do you have to meet up in another location?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laf747
Apologies since i am sure this has already been covered but with a 63 page thread it's hard to search and the original Wiki being from 2014.
My questions are what type of car do F passengers receive in Dubai? Also, as with other chauffeur services, does your driver meet you at the baggage carousel in Dubai or do you have to meet up in another location?
The main post isn't from 2014, it's up to date.
You would probably get a Mercedes E Class, fairly new. Either Estate or saloon, whatevers available at the time.

The driver doesn't meet you anywhere. Once you exit the baggage carousel area, make a right and you'll see the chauffeur drive desk, show them your Boarding pass or whatever, and they'll print out a slip. Take that, exit the hall, and hand it to the guy standing in front, he'll assign you a car and driver and you'll be on your way.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
The main post isn't from 2014, it's up to date.
You would probably get a Mercedes E Class, fairly new. Either Estate or saloon, whatevers available at the time.

The driver doesn't meet you anywhere. Once you exit the baggage carousel area, make a right and you'll see the chauffeur drive desk, show them your Boarding pass or whatever, and they'll print out a slip. Take that, exit the hall, and hand it to the guy standing in front, he'll assign you a car and driver and you'll be on your way.
Many thanks!!!
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: EK Silver, BA Blue, MH Blue
Does anyone have any experience with using CD in Germany (for Dusseldorf) and getting picked up from a train station? There's an express note in the Amsterdam CD details on the website about no pick-ups from public places like train stations and cruise terminals, but curious if anyone has encountered any issues in this way for Germany.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by sant2585
Does anyone have any experience with using CD in Germany (for Dusseldorf) and getting picked up from a train station? There's an express note in the Amsterdam CD details on the website about no pick-ups from public places like train stations and cruise terminals, but curious if anyone has encountered any issues in this way for Germany.
I've not tried it, but you might be better arranging to get picked up from a hotel near the station, and then just walking there. Sit in the lobby and get a coffee while you wait
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
I have done this before. Came from the NL by train and got off at a station in D, then took the CD to DUS (could have just continued by train to DUS - but that would have just felt wrong ).

Though do make sure you've entered a working mobile no in the booking and keep your phone handy. My driver called me when he got to the station to enquire where exactly I was!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Just to note that if you booked a ticket originating in Germany you get a free train ticket to/from the airport from anywhere in Germany. If you're more than 100km from the airport this might be a better option. I understand the appeal of CD, but in Germany trains are often just more efficient at getting places more than 100km away.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
any recent experience of what the excess milege is from Heathrow?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: Skywards
Just to note that if you booked a ticket originating in Germany you get a free train ticket to/from the airport from anywhere in Germany. If you're more than 100km from the airport this might be a better option. I understand the appeal of CD, but in Germany trains are often just more efficient at getting places more than 100km away.
Really? Emirates pays for the train ticket from anywhere in Germany? Do they pay first class ICE if you are in J?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
Really? Emirates pays for the train ticket from anywhere in Germany? Do they pay first class ICE if you are in J?
Yes, they do!

https://www.emirates.com/de/english/...-rail-fly.aspx
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: EK Silver, BA Blue, MH Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've not tried it, but you might be better arranging to get picked up from a hotel near the station, and then just walking there. Sit in the lobby and get a coffee while you wait
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
I have done this before. Came from the NL by train and got off at a station in D, then took the CD to DUS (could have just continued by train to DUS - but that would have just felt wrong ).

Though do make sure you've entered a working mobile no in the booking and keep your phone handy. My driver called me when he got to the station to enquire where exactly I was!
Thanks all! Hadn't realised about Rail+Fly - nothing appears in my MMB (despite the website suggesting that it should), so will try call up and see. Having only used CD in the UK up until now, I'm now realising how relatively generous those distances are - 70 miles compared to 40km!

But XXTSGR's 'it feels wrong' logic is also appealing (even though in my case it would also be getting off at a station that is on the line to DUS), especially as this is me emptying out my miles and dropping down to Blue soon. Will also keep DYKWIA's suggestion in mind, especially as it's a station that I'm not familiar with (but not a sprawling one with multiple exits and access points).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.