Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Questions for EK Skywards?

I believe I submitted some very good questions early in this thread? Were you able to get anyone to consider them at EK/Skywards?

I think for US-based passengers we should add the United to the partner question? Are they going to add JetBlue or Virgin America or someone with local US flights or make it difficult for US passengers to redeem awards for anything less than massive points accumulation?

Thanks,
Rasheed

Last edited by rasheed; Apr 15, 2011 at 3:57 pm
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Ek is going through some sort of high arrogance phase... fuel surcharges, cuts in service, cuts in Gold privileges.. I dont think you will see them here
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:34 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by rasheed
I believe I submitted some very good questions early in this thread? Were you able to get anyone to consider them at EK/Skywards?

I think for US-based passengers we should add the United to the partner question? Are they going to add JetBlue or Virgin America or someone with local US flights or make it difficult for US passengers to redeem awards for anything less than massive points accumulation?

Thanks,
Rasheed
You posed some great questions. It's important EK engage in constructive dialogue and solicit feedback from it's frequent flyers. This allows EK to fine-tune its performance and produce more thoughtful products.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Typically, how long before a flight do Emirates open up Z (First Saver and Upgrade Award) availability?

I'm travelling on the A380 in business from AKL to SYD in September (during the Rugby World Cup, if that has any impact) and am dying to use my Skyward miles to upgrade to first, but there's only A (First Flex Award) open in First. Only 1 seat in First has been reserved, and the flight is showing as P2 A2.

There's availability in A and Z on seemingly every flight up to and including August 31st - and has been for some months now - but the September flights only show availabilty in classes A and C (so no upgrading possible) so I was hoping that it was a case of just waiting until September dates were opened up in Z class.

Is it likely that Z class will be opened up? If so, when?

Thanks...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:35 am

Also interested in when flight upgrades open up.

I have DXB-LGW return in June and have been able to upgrade the 2nd leg (LGW-DXB) but not DXB-LGW Y-J

and interested to hear on potential availability for MRU-DXB Y-J. I am planning on a holiday to SA in August and looking at flying J to cape town but ideally (due to budget) would like to do Y for the return from MRU-DXB with an upgrade to J.

Does anyone know if the upgrade here would be likely? Would need to be for two people.

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
In response to the last two posts this is a revenue management issue. If EK determine that there is a chance of selling out all the J seats then they will not open any for upgrade until such time as they think that this will not be the case. If not open now (at long range) then they will not be likely to open up until much closer to the departure date. It could be a week or two or a matter of a few days or even hours. It can happen in between though so it is a matter of constantly checking. You might consider subscribing to Expert Flyer and setting an alert for the flights of interest so that you do not have to keep checking yourself.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks. However, I was looking for First Class upgrade availability, not J. I have been monitoring it in Expert Flyer, with the relevant alerts set. While I've been monitoring, I did see all of August open up and was just wondering when September might be expected to open up. It didn't seem from my checking that they opened up flights individually. As it happens, the particular flight I'm booked on is already more than 3/4 full in business - which is an exception looking at the dates either side of the day I'm travelling. It would appear I booked the same flight as some large travelling group. Like I said, F apparently only has one taker so far.
Old May 1, 2011, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Luckytoke
Also interested in when flight upgrades open up.

I have DXB-LGW return in June and have been able to upgrade the 2nd leg (LGW-DXB) but not DXB-LGW Y-J
Quick reply on this one managed to just grab a upgrade for the first leg DXB-LGW. Checked when I came into the office this morning (8.30 UAE time) none available tried again about 15 mins ago (1pm UAE time) and there was one available!

Very happy!
Old May 1, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by Luckytoke
Quick reply on this one managed to just grab a upgrade for the first leg DXB-LGW. Checked when I came into the office this morning (8.30 UAE time) none available tried again about 15 mins ago (1pm UAE time) and there was one available!

Very happy!
Nice! Thanks for letting us know as it gives hope to many knowing that it is possible almost at any time.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:38 am

Am trying to book a business class DXB-IST, however when I checked in the skywards website I couldn't find seats on the outbound flight. So I checked on expertflyer.com and found 4 available seats at C "business flex". I even called skywards to confirm, they told me there are no seats available.

Could any of the experts here advice.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by peerless_
Am trying to book a business class DXB-IST, however when I checked in the skywards website I couldn't find seats on the outbound flight. So I checked on expertflyer.com and found 4 available seats at C "business flex". I even called skywards to confirm, they told me there are no seats available.

Could any of the experts here advice.
This seems to happen quite often, look at this thread

Click here
Old May 25, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
I have just spent the past 2 hours trying to enroll my 3 year old into Skywards. The whole process (or lack thereof) tells me how much EK really puts into their FFP:

1. I try to enroll online, but can't do it because the Skysurfers Application does not offer an "Indian" nationality from their drop down menu.

2. So, I call Skywards. After 30 mins on hold, I am transferred to their Mumbai service center, which emails me an application with an email address/fax number to reply back to.

3. The form itself is outdated and does not allow me to enter in many details as I want. It is obviously from 2008 as the birth year only goes to 2006 (must be 2 years of age to enroll), not after that. So I fill it in by hand and scan/email to the listed address, [email protected]

4. I get an email back saying that email inbox is no longer valid. It further says to log onto emirates.com and use the correct address. Why it couldn't just redirect is beyond my understanding.

5. I log onto Skywards and am unable to find anything.

6. I now pay Int'l Long Distance to fax the application to Dubai - (971)4-316-7001.

Let's hope it works.

This is pathetic.

I have now reached the conclusion that Skywards is a pure afterthought for EK.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: pants
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
I have just spent the past 2 hours trying to enroll my 3 year old into Skywards. The whole process (or lack thereof) tells me how much EK really puts into their FFP:

1. I try to enroll online, but can't do it because the Skysurfers Application does not offer an "Indian" nationality from their drop down menu.

2. So, I call Skywards. After 30 mins on hold, I am transferred to their Mumbai service center, which emails me an application with an email address/fax number to reply back to.

3. The form itself is outdated and does not allow me to enter in many details as I want. It is obviously from 2008 as the birth year only goes to 2006 (must be 2 years of age to enroll), not after that. So I fill it in by hand and scan/email to the listed address, [email protected]

4. I get an email back saying that email inbox is no longer valid. It further says to log onto emirates.com and use the correct address. Why it couldn't just redirect is beyond my understanding.

5. I log onto Skywards and am unable to find anything.

6. I now pay Int'l Long Distance to fax the application to Dubai - (971)4-316-7001.

Let's hope it works.

This is pathetic.

If you have not faxed it already, ( kinda late as you posted on the 25th ), scan and email it and will drop it at the Skyfarts desk in DXB.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
This is pathetic.

I do not believe I posted on this experience I had when trying to enroll my kid, but I had a similar experience.

I will say though that Skywards BOM team took care of it -- useless via DXB nor NYC Skywards group. Had to send a scan image to them via email. Took a few days, but they got me the all important EK number I needed.

I was even able to get them to apply a date-related bonus miles promo to that brand new account that was available to Skywards (but never advertised or linkable for the kids side).

Rasheed
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by roadrunner21
If you have not faxed it already, ( kinda late as you posted on the 25th ), scan and email it and will drop it at the Skyfarts desk in DXB.
Hahaha - thanks for the smile! Did you know that the rumour is that their fax machine drops all output straight into a shredder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.