Duty Free Best Finds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duty Free Best Finds

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
On the Air Canada Website they are having a pre-order sale for duty free products.

2-1 litre bottles of JW Double Black for C$67.50
2-1 litre bottles of JW Black for C$58.50
2-1 litre bottles of Canadian Crown Royal for C$34.50
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold, UA Premier
DTW?

Any good deals going on in the DTW or AMS duty free shops? I am flying through them both on the way to BOM this Friday.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
FCO

Any decent prices for single-malt scotch at FCO?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Who's Johnny?
Johnnie Walker Blue Label - 1L - Heathrow - £152
Try the German ebay site if you are looking for Blue Label. Bought 1L for 120 Euro which is good imo.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
1 L bottle of Jim Beam at RAR, $20 NZD. Slightly cheaper than you can get in the US and WAY cheaper than anything in NZ (if that's where you're heading).

Chris
Old May 25, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Former CO Presidential Plat (for a day!)
Not sure if it's still going on, but I came across a sale in the FRA Duty Free Shop (I believe it was the one close to gate B80)
a bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black for 36 USD, normally I see it for 43 USD in most places, so I'm glad I bought one, but thinking i should have gotten a second to gift around.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
Marlboro prices at ORD Terminal 3 Duty Free

I'm connecting to LHR via ORD later this week. Anyone know the prices for Marlboros? I normally fly out of MIA whee there's a buy 4 and get 5 cartons for $120.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
World Duty Free LHR T4 (May 20 Jun 16 2012)

2 for 55GBP (1l) Any 2
Isle of Jura Superstition, Ardmore Traditional Cask, Glengoyne Burnfoot, Auchentoshan Select, and Glenrothes Select Reserve 70cl

2 for 70GBP (1l) Any 2
Bowmore Cask Strength, Jura 16, Glenrothes Robur Reserve, and Highland Park 1998.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: QF, Velocity
SGN JW Green for $55 1 litre, this was a few months ago, but seemed much better than SIN and BNE. WLG are having a sale on JW G 1litre if you get their VIP Card =$79-$20=$59 NZD=<$50 AUD. SGN also seemed better than PVG when I was through there a couple of months ago.
AKL seemed like a good place to get Chanel too.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:35 pm

Hi

I have few queries,

1. Is the quality of scotch same across all the dutyfree shops across the world? i.e., if I buy JW Blue label in UK or USA or India - will all these be of same quality (though price different)?

2. If I'm travelling from UK to India and bought duty-free scotch in UK. Can I bring that back to UK with sealed dutyfree cover?

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:43 pm

not sure what it's worth but for those with facebook (everyone....) stumbled on a page called dutyfreebee. They claim you can ask them to check prices of dutyfree items for you. I guess they have a database of somesort.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:16 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by jokerb
...1. Is the quality of scotch same across all the dutyfree shops across the world? i.e., if I buy JW Blue label in UK or USA or India - will all these be of same quality (though price different)?

2. If I'm travelling from UK to India and bought duty-free scotch in UK. Can I bring that back to UK with sealed dutyfree cover?
1. yes, for most products the formulation is identical. Sometimes there is a difference to match local taste (sweeter, smokier, etc.) but not for iconic brands like JW Blue. For those the danger is counterfeit goods, which occur in all countries (I personally found counterfeit Louix XIII at the LHR duty free, many years ago).
2. From a customs duty standpoint, re-importation is allowed. You may have constraints such as no liquids allowed in carry-on, and of course you are subject to the customs/duty free allowances of any intermediate countries where you clear customs. Sometimes these can be surprisingly low (for example Australia limits cigarettes to 2 packs so any cartons will be confiscated/fined by customs). Not sure if any country limits alcohol below 1L, but undoubtedly there is some.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: AC
Athens boat terminal...
E 1.20 Reece's pieces....to convert $100 USD to E at good rate ...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Anything JW at EWR or DTW? Never bothered looking at duty free stores, but I guess I should start!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:08 pm

Someone FINALLY put up a site that lets you compare duty free prices of items along your route. Still missing destinations but they say they are working on expanding. www.dutyfreebee.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.