Mustard fans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mustard fans?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Planes21
have u ever been to the Napa Valley Mustard Festival before camargo?
Unfortunately, I've never been there. My job is that of event marketing manager and I've tried to book this festival for our company for several years. Sadly, the logistics of various locations and long timeframe make it a nightmare to try to do what we need. However, everyone that I've talked to raved about the event as being great fun and very well run.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:52 pm

Here's a quick recipe for dijon mustard lovers. I made this a few nights ago. Quick and easy. About 15 minutes.

Saute a chicken breast in butter over medium heat.

Remove the chicken when finished and add coarse chopped shallot and garlic. Saute until soft.

Add a tablespoon (or more depending upon taste) of dijon mustard and wisk in some light cream (I actually use liquid coffee mate---it works well ). Increase heat to thicken sauce and spoon over the chicken.

I usually serve this with some garlic rice---the rice soaks up all of the mustard sauce!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I keep some French's Classic and also some Spicy Brown Mustard at home. If Marriott provides Dijon mustard with my room service Bacon Cheeseburger, I will use that as well.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by camargo
Here's a quick recipe for dijon mustard lovers. I made this a few nights ago. Quick and easy. About 15 minutes.

Saute a chicken breast in butter over medium heat.

Remove the chicken when finished and add coarse chopped shallot and garlic. Saute until soft.

Add a tablespoon (or more depending upon taste) of dijon mustard and wisk in some light cream (I actually use liquid coffee mate---it works well ). Increase heat to thicken sauce and spoon over the chicken.

I usually serve this with some garlic rice---the rice soaks up all of the mustard sauce!
You forgot the "flame with brandy" step after "add shallots and garlic step" and before the "add mustard and cream" step.

BTW, this recipe is a classic in France for calve's liver; it also uses a tbs of coarse ground Pommerey mustard in addition to the Dijon. ^ ^

Last edited by kaukau; Dec 8, 2007 at 12:12 pm
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.4MM, SPG PLT
I try to pick up a couple of tubes of Löwensenf whenever I go to Germany. Strongest mustard I've ever tasted. Good stuff!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by kaukau
You forgot the "flame with brandy" step after "add shallots and garlic step" and before the "add mustard and cream" step.

BTW, this recipe is a classic in France for calve's liver; it also uses a tbs of coarse ground Pommerey mustard in addition to the Dijon. ^ ^
I usually just drink the brandy while the chicken is cooking. Saves time and I don't notice if I screw up the chicken.

I'll have to try it with liver. although I prefer chicken livers to calve's livers. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA 2P, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FLYINBELLS
http://www.rayesmustard.com/world-gourmet-p-31.html

Raye's Old World Gourmet. ^ BEST mustard I have ever had. Great on eggs, sammies, you name it. Wife and I have visited Maine 5 or 6 times now and we always come back with some Raye's for personal consumption and for gifts.

Eastport area is beautiful to visit, Raye's is about the only "tourist trap' found there.

Just curious....has anyone been to Raye's? Are my wife and I the only Raye's fanatics out there?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by camargo
I'll have to try it with liver. although I prefer chicken livers to calve's livers. Thanks.
Thin sliced! Butterfly that liver! ^ ^
Old Dec 9, 2007, 3:44 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by citril
I try to pick up a couple of tubes of Löwensenf whenever I go to Germany. Strongest mustard I've ever tasted. Good stuff!
Note my earlier post in this thread... Just passed by their site at DUS airport again yesterday morning.

I think it's especially tasty with Rhineland style Braten (Senfrostbraten and Sauerbraten0
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^ guldens brown "spicy" mustard on ham sandwiches

^^ truly spicy mustard you get with some chinese/thai/etc food
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:35 am

homemade?

Lots of mustard lovers...but no one has tried making their own? I haven't either, but it's quite easy to do and you have complete control over how spicy the resulting mustard is based on the timing of when you mix in the vinegar. Something I hope to experiment with soon...
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Seaso...tzel_tran.html
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm currently using Edmond Fallot Burgundy Mustard. Pretty darn good - smooth and a tiny bit spicy.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by rmagritte
Lots of mustard lovers...but no one has tried making their own? I haven't either, but it's quite easy to do and you have complete control over how spicy the resulting mustard is based on the timing of when you mix in the vinegar. Something I hope to experiment with soon...
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Seaso...tzel_tran.html
I tried this once-ummmmm no thanks
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
J'aime moutarde chaud! And, so much so that whenever we're in Paris we always go to the Maille store on the southeast side of the Place de la Madeleine and purchase several large crocks of the fantastically fresh "moutarde fort supplémentaire." This mustard has nothing in common with what you can obtain at the local Publix or Whole Foods. You'll buy the size and type of crock you prefer (many are beautifully decorated object d'art or just plain but elegant stoneware). The vendeur then carefully pumps the mustard from barrels under the counter. There are several varieties for purchase and all can be great gifts for those who enjoy this condiment. The mustard will travel extremely well in your checked luggage as they do a wonderfully expert job of packaging it. It lasts for well over a year in the fridge and likely much longer. I don't know with certainty as it would never last that long in my fridge! If you are green-oriented and organized, take the purchased and empty crocks back to Paris with you and they will refill them. Merveilleux! After you purchase the mustard be certain to nip into the Madeleine location of the amazing Laduree - just around the corner....
Old Dec 19, 2007, 2:36 am

Tried it?

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I tried this once-ummmmm no thanks
Really? Too hot, or just bad flavor or ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.