Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

How do you like your steak? Doneness? How prepared? Etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How do you like your steak?
Rare
13.68%
Medium rare
64.21%
Medium
14.74%
Medium well
5.26%
Well done
1.05%
I don't eat steak
1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

How do you like your steak? Doneness? How prepared? Etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:37 pm

Not steak but still delicious.

Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Not steak but still delicious.

Purposely doing a double take on the picture reply..

mmm beautiful and my favorite.. especially on the buffet of high end brunches..
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:44 am

...from Argentine
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Purposely doing a double take on the picture reply..

mmm beautiful and my favorite.. especially on the buffet of high end brunches..
It tasted great but I was def. disappointed by portion/price. As you can see the chop on the left was pretty much nothing. It was a shame to b/c it was my birthday dinner and I didn't want to say anything to make the wife feel bad. It was a place we have been to over and over again with rave reviews. Just an off night with plating/presentation but still tasted good.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm super picky about my steaks. I don't want anything remotely rubbery. I don't want to be chewing it all day. Needs to be like butter.

That said, I choose not to eat steak often because of that. Maybe 2-4 times a year. So when I have it, I go big.

I know some people will order steak anywhere like even fast food places or whatever. I just can't do it. Maybe I'm weird, I stick to chicken mostly or regular beef or turkey at most places.

I like my steaks medium-rare. But, only in a nice place that I trust to do it correctly. And since that's where I generally only have my steaks that's how I eat my steaks.

Last place I went to was Wolfgang Pucks CUT in vegas. Was a few months ago and mouth is still watering from it. Won't have another steak for probably another 3 months but when I do it will be great! Something to look forward too.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
It tasted great but I was def. disappointed by portion/price. As you can see the chop on the left was pretty much nothing. It was a shame to b/c it was my birthday dinner and I didn't want to say anything to make the wife feel bad. It was a place we have been to over and over again with rave reviews. Just an off night with plating/presentation but still tasted good.
Ah yes.. the price.. I forgot about that

Paying $50 or so for that no matter how good it tastes, would leave me wondering.

Kudos on the places that actually give good portions, and leaving feel satisfied.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My Dad and I had a cookout last night and I thought I'd walk you all through it.

Got the meat prepared. Three New York strips. Two with marinade for me and my brother (BBQ sauce, sesame ginger, Sriracha hot sauce, garlic salt and pepper) and one with lemon and salt for my Dad.

A nice hot fire, have to use charcoal

My Dad expertly tending the meat using some tongs I got him for his birthday

The finished product with some feta melted on top and a side of pasta

Look at that color! Dad, you've done it again.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:16 pm

How do I like my steak?

Medium rare, of course. Is there another way?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by CMK10
My Dad and I had a cookout last night and I thought I'd walk you all through it.

Got the meat prepared. Three New York strips. Two with marinade for me and my brother (BBQ sauce, sesame ginger, Sriracha hot sauce, garlic salt and pepper) and one with lemon and salt for my Dad.

A nice hot fire, have to use charcoal

My Dad expertly tending the meat using some tongs I got him for his birthday

The finished product with some feta melted on top and a side of pasta

Look at that color! Dad, you've done it again.
Bloody hell, that looks awesome. Would prefer it a bit more red (or a lot, actually), but still... you made me hungry.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PSUhorty
Bloody hell, that looks awesome. Would prefer it a bit more red (or a lot, actually), but still... you made me hungry.
+1, less the bloody.. looks scrumptious and perfect.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Definitely medium rare. Nice and red but warm. Yum.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PSUhorty
My Dad does good work. His steak which was a bit bigger than mine was more red, I like mine a bit more of the medium side of medium rare, he goes rare on his, you'd have loved it!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
On the rarer side of medium rare.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by hedur
Medium rare, of course. Is there another way?
There's rare?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CApreppie
On the rarer side of medium rare.
A bit of a gum chew in the center.. sometimes the grisle will help with the chewiness..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.