Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:02 am
kkl

Any tips on obtaining an Etxebarri reservation for July22?

I submitted request on first day of opening, sent chaser emails plus follow up via Maria Cristina concierge

thanks
Old May 1, 2022, 9:23 am

I'm interested in a Rome or Florence Michelin restaurant where there is an exposed kitchen area so diners can view the prep process. Ideally sitting at the bar. Any ideas?
Old May 2, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
Anything you guys recommend in Madrid or Barcelona. All the ones from the list seem like the contemporary experimental style.
Loved Saddle in Madrid, certainly wouldn't call it experimental.
Old May 4, 2022, 4:17 pm

What would you recommend for a vegetarian in London? Our prior favorite was the vegetarian tasting menu at the Ledbury, although it's not clear if they still offer it.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by richarddd
What would you recommend for a vegetarian in London? Our prior favorite was the vegetarian tasting menu at the Ledbury, although it's not clear if they still offer it.
I thought Ledbury closed since 2020, glad they opende up again. It was always a great experience. In London many restaurants have a vegetarian tasting. Last time I always took some pescetarian menu, so cant talk about the whole menu. Nevertheless I had good vegetarian dishes at Claude Bosi last weekend. From the actual 3 star restaurants Core is my favorite, but they dont have a designated vegetarian tasting, also Smyth is quite flexible from my experience. Sketch has a vegetarian tasting and was quite nice.
richarddd and Fliar like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: some
Sketch veg is great.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
I thought Ledbury closed since 2020, glad they opende up again. It was always a great experience. In London many restaurants have a vegetarian tasting. Last time I always took some pescetarian menu, so cant talk about the whole menu. Nevertheless I had good vegetarian dishes at Claude Bosi last weekend. From the actual 3 star restaurants Core is my favorite, but they dont have a designated vegetarian tasting, also Smyth is quite flexible from my experience. Sketch has a vegetarian tasting and was quite nice.
We just reserved Claude Bosi, since it has an appealing menu and most of the other places are unavailable.
offerendum likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

We just reserved Claude Bosi, since it has an appealing menu and most of the other places are unavailable.
Good decision, looking forward to your opinion.
richarddd likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: some
First time out of my cage post covid. Just a quick update

Copenhagen
Geranium (3* and #2 restaurant i n the world on some list or other):A truly phenomenal meal. I had the juice pairing and that was equally impressive. 99/100 for the savouries. Some of the dishes were among the most beautiful and most interesting I've ever had.. Desserts were very good but nowhere near as exceptional (94). Service was excellent. Overall a truly memorable experience and in my top 5 restaurants for the savoury dishes.

Kong Hans Kaelder (2*). A fabulous meal in a nice setting with great service. 94/100

Oslo
Stadtholdergaarden (1*) A nice dining room (building from 1640) and very nice service. The two amuse bouches were not good at all so I quickly changed from a tasting menu to just ordering a mains and a dessert but both turned out to be very good. Amazing wine cellar and many, many by the glass. 92/100

Bangkok
Blue by Ducasse (1*). Probably one of the best value meals on the market now at about US$60 for lunch with a full series of amuses-bouche, 5 courses and mignardises. Great presentation, good service and great views. Some dishes were 2* level.

le Normandie (2*) Probably my 10th visit here in 20 years and not the best by a long shot. The room looked amazing but the place was full for dinner and service and kitchen were unable to cope with it. It took 45 minutes from entree to mains. Prices are 3* Paris level but the food, although very good, was just not memorable. It's only been two weeks but I struggle to remember what we had.
offerendum, FlyerEC and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:16 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Oddly enough, I met a couple from CPH on a very recent trip to Umbria and they asked me if I had been to Geranium yet.

It seems that a visit is most definitely in order.
Fliar likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Good decision, looking forward to your opinion.
Would you know if the Claude Bosi tasting menus are a lot more food than just ordering a starter, main course and desert? We're trying to plan the day's food and would have a smaller lunch if the tasting menu would likely be too much.

Opinion in a couple of weeks.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Gonna be in DC for my birthday soon, anyone got any special favorites, esp. in the post-COVID era? Maybe seafood?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Would you know if the Claude Bosi tasting menus are a lot more food than just ordering a starter, main course and desert? We're trying to plan the day's food and would have a smaller lunch if the tasting menu would likely be too much.

Having done this a couple of times, I would say the quantity of food is a bit more than a three course meal. The portions are sized down appropriately. (I'm leaving any wine pairings out of this comparison.)

However, I would argue the entire meal (snacks through to petit fours) is richer than a similar three course meal.

I still like the experience of the chef's menu here and the pacing is absolutely perfect. On my list for our trip to London later this year.
richarddd likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Having done this a couple of times, I would say the quantity of food is a bit more than a three course meal. The portions are sized down appropriately. (I'm leaving any wine pairings out of this comparison.)

However, I would argue the entire meal (snacks through to petit fours) is richer than a similar three course meal.

I still like the experience of the chef's menu here and the pacing is absolutely perfect. On my list for our trip to London later this year.
Sounds like we should have a smaller lunch and go for the tasting menu. I don't think the National Gallery's restaurant is going to compare.

Wine pairings are way too much wine for us. We usually go for a glass or two instead.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Will post my report tomorrow or Monday as part of my trip report, so you will see the tasting menu. I have no idea how a la carte is.
richarddd and FlyerEC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.