Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Best Airport Restaurants / Meals / Food" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Best Airport Restaurants / Meals / Food" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by JohnOClark
PapaDoux - seafood restaurant

I agree with JohnOClark "PAPADOUX" in the newer Continental terminal @IAH (intercontinental / George Bush)

Dont forget the sister restaurant "PAPASITOS" ...................Awesome Awesome Fajitas.......its in the food court (same terminal) although closer to the exit area to baggage claim

You cant go wrong either way

CHRIS
Old Aug 21, 2004, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA MM, UA MM, DL MM, CX Gld
Posthumous Plug

The late/great "Carvery" @ Sea-Tac. Planes so close your hand shook as you put that big, juicy prime rib in your mouth. And, as if that's not enough, the waitpeople were very nice.

Ya think I miss it?
Old Aug 21, 2004, 11:03 pm

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
The DAILY GRILL Restaurant on the mezzanine at Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal at LAX is the largest full-service airport restaurant in the United States, and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their food is fabulous, especially the meat loaf. Airplane food being what it is, whenever we travel from LAX on an International flight departing the Bradley Terminal, we usually eat at the DAILY GRILL before the flight, or order up a sandwich to take on the flight, forsaking what's served onboard. FYI, the The restaurant is before Security, so it's easy to access.

http://www.dailygrill.com/
Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:16 pm

City Grill in the international terminal at LAX.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 10:21 am

Hee, I have to agree with Miranda about the LAX burritos. I heart Mexican cuisine, and this place knows how to make a great wrap. It's all customized - I love the hot stuff, though - and their sauces set my tongue on fire!!!
Old Aug 24, 2004, 1:58 pm

In Edmonton, for great and inexpensive Rotisserie Chicken - The Swiss Chalet
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:56 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Some international flavor

If you count landside too, then some of the connected hotel restaurants can be good. I remember having a perfectly good lunch at the MCO Hyatt Regency. To add some international flavor though, there is (may still be?) a pretty good restaurant at Hamburg airport, although I haven't been there in almost two years.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
O'Hare

Bergoff's Cafe in Terminal 1, Concourse C has the best carved deli meat sandwiches around!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:47 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Dinner - Concorde Lounge T4 LHR

No Caviar Anymore, but excellent Chilean Sea Bass and most important its FREE, or $6500 or more. Even better value if you buy AONE in BKK.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
At ORD I like:

Bergoff's, great sandwiches, and worth the wait in line. For breakfast I like Wolfgang Puck's Breakfast Pizza.

Of course always like to grab a hotdog when I'm in a hurry.

at MDW Manny's is great, and there are a lot of choices in the food court.

Was in Cincinnati Sunday and saw that there is an Outback Steakhouse coming soon. On the topic of CVG, there is a Gold Star Chili, as well as a Carvel's Ice Cream. Sunday night they were out of everything but chocolate.

Also like Pascal's (not sure of spelling) in Atlanta. Again a great breakfast - you don't find many airport restaurants that serve grits.

In Denver there is a little place that makes good burritos. They are in the United terminal at the end where the Regional Jets go out. Don't remember their name but there is a framed review from years ago when a local newspaper ranked them as the best food at the Denver airport.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JohnOClark
PapaDoux - seafood restaurant
Actually the name of it is.... Pappadeaux
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by francophile
There's also an outpost of Il Fornaio ( http://www.ilfornaio.com ) airside, which is one of my favorite Italian restaurants, even if it is a chain.

Where in SFO is this located? The website revealed nothing other than their Battery Street location.

Has anyone tried Firewood Grill in the International Terminal at SFO? It always smells good when I walk by there.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by yashan
Where in SFO is this located? The website revealed nothing other than their Battery Street location.

Has anyone tried Firewood Grill in the International Terminal at SFO? It always smells good when I walk by there.
I've eaten there a couple of times, and at the ones in the city many times. Obviously, that means it's pretty good.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Junkie

Dont forget the sister restaurant "PAPASITOS" ...................Awesome Awesome Fajitas.......its in the food court (same terminal) although closer to the exit area to baggage claim

Actually the name of this place is... Pappasito's

Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:15 pm

The Newarker

Few will remember it but it was luxurious dining at the old EWR airport. It is where Restaurant Associates started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.