taramasolata spread
tyrekafteri spread
rack of lamb
pork souvlaki

easy breezy froyo dessert:
chocolate custard
root beer float nonfat / pina colada medium fat in coconut milk

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I sat at the bar of my local pub and ate dinner for the first time in 15 months!! Such a nice change that we weren't even annoyed the jukebox was broken. Goat cheese, mushroom and caramelized onion pizza for the win.
(We had to show our vcard to eat inside.)
So fun! I love indoor dining, both with and without service. Such a nice delight.
We haven’t yet been asked about the vax card. Is it a local rule? I guess I should bring mine when I go to IL - I got mine laminated.

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking on my day off after I finally got my first shot of the Moderna Vaccine. My wife said let's have Chinese, and was told get Shrimp W/Lobster Sauce. Well, I know she really doesn't like Shrimp, so I actually got Seafood S'oong, which is a combination of Shrimp, Imitation Crab Meat and Small Scallops in Lobster Sauce with Pork Fried Rice and Egg Rolls. It was soooooo good!!!!!

Now I just finished it off with 3 Pepperidge Farm Thin & Crispy Toffee Milk Chocolate Cookies. My left arm is so hurting right now.
yum - very yum
Yay for vax
it’ll get better. Promise :-)
BamaVol likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I sat at the bar of my local pub and ate dinner for the first time in 15 months!! Such a nice change that we weren't even annoyed the jukebox was broken. Goat cheese, mushroom and caramelized onion pizza for the win.

(We had to show our vcard to eat inside.)
Great! It looks like Chicago will "reopen" with the rest of the state next week. We'll see how close Phase 5 is to normal though.
Showing the card is disappointing. I respect the restaurant/bar's right to require it, but I'm not planning on carrying mine. We're going to brunch in River North tomorrow, assuming they let us in I guess.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by gaobest
Orexi, Sf supper
taramasolata spread
tyrekafteri spread
rack of lamb
pork souvlaki

chocolate custard

So fun! I love indoor dining, both with and without service. Such a nice delight.
We haven’t yet been asked about the vax card. Is it a local rule? I guess I should bring mine when I go to IL - I got mine laminated.

yum - very yum
Yay for vax
Hopefully, you made a copy of the card first, and laminated that. If you need a booster shot, it can’t be recorded on a laminated card.Laminate the copy and carry that with you. Leave the original home.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by JBord
Great! It looks like Chicago will "reopen" with the rest of the state next week. We'll see how close Phase 5 is to normal though.
Showing the card is disappointing. I respect the restaurant/bar's right to require it, but I'm not planning on carrying mine. We're going to brunch in River North tomorrow, assuming they let us in I guess.
No vCard here. C’mon down. Fl is open for business.

I keep telling Mrs BV that half of us are vaccinated, and half of the other half will lie and say they are.
JBord likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
No vCard here. C’mon down. Fl is open for business.
I didn't even realize that was a thing in some states. No card needs to be shown for any dining here either...but get your vax anyway!!
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:37 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
Orexi, Sf supper
taramasolata spread
tyrekafteri spread
rack of lamb
pork souvlaki

chocolate custard

yum - very yum
Yay for vax
It's not the law, but restaurants are free to set their own conditions. The colleague in New York told me that he went to a place this weekend where they required your vaccine card to seat you at the bar. I am happy to have places requested and require it as a condition to be seated inside, anything that persuades more people to get vaccinated is a good thing!
cblaisd and Yahillwe like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
It's not the law, but restaurants are free to set their own conditions. The colleague in New York told me that he went to a place this weekend where they required your vaccine card to seat you at the bar. I am happy to have places requested and require it as a condition to be seated inside, anything that persuades more people to get vaccinated is a good thing!
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Would they ONLY let people inside with a card? Or was it show a card or wear a mask? I have no problem with the latter. Every business has the right to set a dress code. As Jeff Spiccoli said "no shoes, no shirt....noooo dice". It's quite another to deny service based on not carrying a card IMO. And I am vaccinated for what it's worth. What card will they require next? Anyway, probably bordering on an OMNI topic, so I'll just leave it at that.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:36 pm

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Would they ONLY let people inside with a card? Or was it show a card or wear a mask? I have no problem with the latter. Every business has the right to set a dress code. As Jeff Spiccoli said "no shoes, no shirt....noooo dice". It's quite another to deny service based on not carrying a card IMO. And I am vaccinated for what it's worth. What card will they require next? Anyway, probably bordering on an OMNI topic, so I'll just leave it at that.
You had to show a card to dine inside. We walked in and stopped to talk to the owners, who promptly said, we're all vaccinated and can take off our masks. So we did. We sat at the bar, which does not have plexiglass, and did not wear our masks. So it felt like a normal experience sitting at the bar and eating dinner. The bartender was wearing a mask.

Edited to add, this is a pub that closed its dining room last March, and throughout the winter only offered outdoor dining. They were very cautious and very thoughtful, and are taking appropriate cautions now that they have opened up their dining room.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
At least until 13 June , we are not even allowed to dine in , only “ take out / to go “ and mask on at all times unless one is eating or exercising like cycling , running ..

And only 2 visitors allowed at home any day . Figuring out which 2 can get interesting !

We home cooked a nasi lemak meal

Otah / otak ( like a steamed fish pate / terrine )

Fried chicken wings , kang kong ( water spinach / water convolvulus ) , fried peanuts & onion omelette

Chicken breast , fried ikan bilis ( dried anchovies ) and tuna bergedel ( tuna potato patties )

Most of the nasi lemak with bunga terlang ( butterfly blue pea flower ) spread .. with the blue coconut rice at top of table and our Nonya chap chye lemak with tumeric recipe closest to camera

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jun 4, 2021 at 4:48 pm
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:35 pm

That's an interesting take on otah. I actually have a place in mind next time I am in town... Victor's vegetables. Quite a few people are recommending the otah otah from there.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Turned two leftover pork roasts (one I had frozen a while back) into pulled pork. We had it on toasted buttered brioche buns with chips and home made pickles.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made guacamole tonight, and used some to make avocado toast with a sliced hard boiled egg for dinner. Some spring mix on the side, and two Sweetwater IPAs.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Turned two leftover pork roasts (one I had frozen a while back) into pulled pork. We had it on toasted buttered brioche buns with chips and home made pickles.
👍🏻 I ordered mine last night from the local smokehouse. Came with fries and green beans.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:09 am

We were lazy last night so went back to the pub for dinner at the bar. Neither of us were starving so split a chicken wing appetizer and fish & chips entree.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Barely hungry after a mega burger luncheon…

toasted Costco everything bagel with:
ube cream cheese
strawberry cream cheese
plain cream cheese

mixed green salad

Rainier cherries

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.