Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by gaobest
I definitely always hear my Cheesecake Factory bread. I also toast / heat almost every bread product that I purchase. Meanwhile my family will gladly eat bread products that aren’t toasted or warmed. This morning my child ate half a cinnamon/sugar bagel and didn’t even want it toasted.
I don't generally toast bagels either - unless they've been frozen or pre-packaged. I think it's a shame to toast a fresh bagel shop bagel (assuming it's crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside).
BamaVol likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I don't generally toast bagels either - unless they've been frozen or pre-packaged. I think it's a shame to toast a fresh bagel shop bagel (assuming it's crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside).
maybe I’ll try one fresh from the bag :-)
Old May 24, 2021, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Fresh bagels should never be toasted... Heathens!

We are having a total dinner fail. My husband stopped to grab a protein for dinner, but mistakenly assumed we had a bag of salad in the fridge, which we don't. And no good veggies in the fridge/freezer. So dinner is protein and rice.
cblaisd likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ps I still am dying to know about the Thursday solo sushi dinner! I’m so tempted to email corky and tell her corky this strong desire to know.

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Fresh bagels should never be toasted... Heathens!

We are having a total dinner fail. My husband stopped to grab a protein for dinner, but mistakenly assumed we had a bag of salad in the fridge, which we don't. And no good veggies in the fridge/freezer. So dinner is protein and rice.
any frozen veggies for the meal?

i am so excited about bagel talk.

my spouse and child enjoy raw bagels. I’ll give it a try as I bought bagels yesterday :-)
Old May 24, 2021, 6:59 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
ps I still am dying to know about the Thursday solo sushi dinner! I’m so tempted to email corky and tell her corky this strong desire to know.
Fire & rice crackerShogun rollKyoto roll
Hope that makes you feel better!

any frozen veggies for the meal?

i am so excited about bagel talk.

my spouse and child enjoy raw bagels. I’ll give it a try as I bought bagels yesterday :-)
Yesterday's bagels are not fresh bagels. Fresh bagels are still warm from the oven. No frozen veggies. I pulled out a bag of snap peas and ate them.
corky, Yahillwe, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by chgoeditor;33276398[b
]Fire & rice crackerShogun rollKyoto roll[/b]
Hope that makes you feel better!

Yesterday's bagels are not fresh bagels. Fresh bagels are still warm from the oven. No frozen veggies. I pulled out a bag of snap peas and ate them.
Love those rolls, was going to order them had we eaten at a sushi place, they decided Italian instead.
Old May 24, 2021, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I really like toasted bagels. Maybe I would eat it without toasting if it was fresh out of the oven, but I can’t recall the last time that happened.
Old May 25, 2021, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bagels!! Overall toasted.

Half sesame with cream cheese & lox
half cinnamon & sugar

Sesame with honey butter

quarter cranberry with ube cream cheese
quarter cranberry with honey butter / butter
quarter cinnamon raisin with strawberry cream cheese
quarter cinnamon raisin with honey butter

mixed green salad
raw vegetable tray

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I really like toasted bagels. Maybe I would eat it without toasting if it was fresh out of the oven, but I can’t recall the last time that happened.
alas I tried a cranberry bagel without toasting and it didn’t work! Best off toasted.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 1:00 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
I come home and my wife says I am in the mood for Flanigan's Ribs, let's go out to dinner. Flanigan's is a South Florida Chain that specializes in Ribs, Burgers, and Seafood. I haven't eaten any since the early stages of the Pandemic in 2020, as while many restaurants adapted to doing take-out, Flanigan's decided it was going to charge extra for take out to cover the take-out packaging. The one time we ordered, it was $10.00 extra. I said we won't be taking out from them anymore after asking why they needed to do this since we don't get any special pricing for takeout like we do if we eat in.

Anyhow, We split the Joe's meal deal special with the fall off the bone baby-back ribs. It comes with a side, small caesar salad🥗, 3 garlic rolls, and a drink. We also split a bowl of New England style clam chowder. My wife eats very little at meals, so this way we have no waste. She eats 2-3 bone's worth of ribs, half of the side which turned out to be Curly fries, and 1/4 of the soup and salad. I also love their Dolphin Fingers, but they were out tonight due to high demand.

I ended taking home 2 of the garlic rolls and 1/2 of the salad, which I just ended up finishing as I type this as a "midnight snack" at 2:45 in the morning. I am ready to go back to sleep now...😴
Old May 25, 2021, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

midnight snack:
cookies bought at Jane the Baker on Saturday
Blood Orange

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Anyhow, We split the Joe's meal deal special with the fall off the bone baby-back ribs. It comes with a side, small caesar salad🥗, 3 garlic rolls, and a drink. We also split a bowl of New England style clam chowder. My wife eats very little at meals, so this way we have no waste. She eats 2-3 bone's worth of ribs, half of the side which turned out to be Curly fries, and 1/4 of the soup and salad. I also love their Dolphin Fingers, but they were out tonight due to high demand.

I ended taking home 2 of the garlic rolls and 1/2 of the salad, which I just ended up finishing as I type this as a "midnight snack" at 2:45 in the morning. I am ready to go back to sleep now...😴
I googled dolphin fingers and indeed… it’s flanigans and it’s fresh dolphin. I never actually thought of eating Flipper but of course it makes sense. I eat tuna whales and every other cute animal known to my eyes.

Last edited by gaobest; May 25, 2021 at 1:38 am
Old May 25, 2021, 2:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
bagels!! Overall toasted.

Half sesame with cream cheese & lox
half cinnamon & sugar

Sesame with honey butter

quarter cranberry with ube cream cheese
quarter cranberry with honey butter / butter
quarter cinnamon raisin with strawberry cream cheese
quarter cinnamon raisin with honey butter

mixed green salad
raw vegetable tray

alas I tried a cranberry bagel without toasting and it didn’t work! Best off toasted.
Oh oh , am in trouble now reading these bagel posts .
Why ? Because the decent bagel place is closed for the day .. need another distraction now .
The frozen ones from the supermarkets will not do .

The broccoli soup was , well , healthy . The leftover strips of steak was good .
Must time when I read this forum ‼️

Ice cream or perhaps some dessert .

3 chocolate cookie

Enjoyed this crisp on the “ crust “ / outside and soft centre / on the inside cookie which was saved from another day of indulgence . There is still another set aside

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 25, 2021 at 8:58 am Reason: Add comments and photo
Old May 25, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
midnight snack:
Blood Orange

I googled dolphin fingers and indeed… it’s flanigans and it’s fresh dolphin. I never actually thought of eating Flipper but of course it makes sense. I eat tuna whales and every other cute animal known to my eyes.
Im sure it is the dolphin fish, which you commonly see called mahi mahi.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Exactly. It’s a fish with 3 names. Dolphin, mahi-mahi or dorado. But it’s never the mammal. So Flipper is safe.

midnight snack:
Blood Orange

I don’t think that you are eating whale. Unless you are Native American, living in Alaska, the possession and consumption of whale meat is illegal.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 30, 2021 at 11:32 pm Reason: merge
Old May 25, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I think I will whip together a tuna salad and serve over greens.

Tomorrow night we’re going to a local brewery taproom. I will probably order wings and sushi.
Old May 25, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Grazie. I googled dolphin fingers after seeing our beloved teddybear99’s post and indeed I was so excited about the Flanigans connection between their post and the Goog search result.
I do love mahi mahi and most fish.
I know people who don’t eat fish.
I actually will have fish soup as luncheon because my family didn’t want fish tacos for supper.

Originally Posted by phillygold
Exactly. It’s a fish with 3 names. Dolphin, mahi-mahi or dorado. But it’s never the mammal. So Flipper is safe.
I am still confused. There are both mammals and fish with the dolphin name? Like Annie Potts said, “you’re giving your mother a headache” (that Designing Women episode where Mary-jo’s daughter turns 18).

Originally Posted by phillygold
I don’t think that you are eating whale. Unless you are Native American, living in Alaska, the possession and consumption of whale meat is illegal.
I thought tuna was whale, sorry.
I learn so much here.
I am like the naive Jean Smart on designing women combined with both the emotional Mary-Jo and the Anthony obeyer; and the FT village being Dixie Carter.
I definitely think of sushi tuna being a big whale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.