Is your cooking improving in isolation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is your cooking improving in isolation?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: Free agent
New Weber showed up broken. Gonna have to return and replace. My grilling remains gas based.
Old May 26, 2020, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
New Weber showed up broken. Gonna have to return and replace. My grilling remains gas based.
blah I’m sorry. My grilling is only propane gas - I am not at a higher level and this is fine. Hope the replacement goes well
Old May 26, 2020, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by gaobest
blah I’m sorry. My grilling is only propane gas - I am not at a higher level and this is fine. Hope the replacement goes well
I agree that charcoal imparts a more authentic flavor but Hank Hill converted me to propane years ago and I’m too lazy to go back. There was a Weber in the utility room when I bought this house and I put it out at the end of the driveway. It was gone in under an hour.
Old May 26, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just picked up a Weber similar to this. Are you using a dual zone or "bank" setup? I'm going to try my hand at some smoked ribs on Monday but I have literally no experience smoking meat aside from YouTube videos.
Saturday was a dual zone smoke. The brisket from weeks ago was a ring of Charcoal in the form of the letter "U" with the water pan centered with the meat above it.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...ill-smoking-or
corky and MSYtoJFKagain like this.
Old May 26, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Last nights leftover pork loin was combined with cubed potatoes and onion to make hash. Broccoletti on the side with leftover acorn squash. We leave for a week on Saturday and I am doing my best to empty the fridge of anything that won’t last.

Apologies - I meant to post this elsewhere.
Old May 26, 2020, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Damn what a PITA.
Old May 28, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the phoenix
Smoked a Whole chickEn breast for the first time today. Have a smoke box in my gas grill. I got some pecan smoking and left it on indirect heat for 4 hrs . Ambient temp was 190-200. Internal temp got to 140 then I threw it In our steam convection Oven for 15 min to get to 165. Not bad!
Smoked whole turkey breast is my Saturday project.
I'll likely inject, go skin on and over pecan or apple. I made the compound butter+ olive oil for under the skin and the wrap already. Temp I'll look for is about 260 for 100 minutes ago wrap for another hour since it is just only 5.2#
corky, BamaVol and bensyd like this.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: Free agent
Picked up 3 lbs of scallops yesterday along with a whole 5lb cod.

Gonna cook about half the scallops in a pan tonight along with veggies in a dinner for 4. Should be pretty good.
csufabel and Stgermainparis like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We’ve done kabobs a few times. Served with rice with sautéed leeks.

Jaimito Cartero and BamaVol like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Wow, that really looks delicious!
Old May 31, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

gorgeous! Do you cook the rice and sautéed leeks together? That sounds quite lovely.
Old May 31, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gaobest
gorgeous! Do you cook the rice and sautéed leeks together? That sounds quite lovely.
I love my rice cooker so do the rice in there. Then sauté the leeks separately with some olive oil and toss in. If I were doing rice on the stove, then yes I’d sauté them in the same pan and add water and rice to boil. Haven’t tried it that way yet though.

For the kabob veggies, I toss in a little olive oil then use Chicago steak seasoning and smoked paprika from Penzeys.

It’s fun to build the kabobs with family and grill outside by the pool. Easy clean up too!
Old May 31, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So nice about the pool. We don’t have a pool or hottub. But I love our grill.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:16 pm

I want to see some pics of your meals. I get inspiration from visuals. I put 1/2 Costco butt rub 1/2 brown sugar on some pork tenderloin last night. Today grilled it (smoker in the fritz...so sad!). Added some pickled red onion (excellent topping for almost anything). Made a plate and we all grazed for about an hour on the patio. It was lovely. Had some reggae going and the kids enjoyed the different format for chow.

corky likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Turkey tacos for supper - I made pico de Gallo for the first time as opposed to buying it at the shop. Maybe one day I’ll make guacamole as well. I love this meal so much - I love the plating.

corky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.