Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Favorite Rum and Rum Recommendations" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Been a while since I got something new. So I went on a little shopping spree in tax-free Andorra.....

From Guyane: La Belle Cabresse

And a Ginger-Lemon rum!

And a Ron Zacapa 23 for less than 30 bucks.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:25 pm

I enjoy Cruzan Rum

I picked up a bottle of Cruzan Rum for $8.00 at Bevmo and mixed it into Coke and will try it on the rocks. I love the smoothness of this Rum and for $8.00 for a 750ml bottle you can't go wrong(: For me I enjoy the dark rum over the white rum as it has the nuances of vanilla and compliments mixing it or having it on its own. It sure beats a cheap Vodka or Bourbon!

I am really enjoying this Rum and it was recommended by the salesperson at Bevmo. Now it may not be your Don Q but for the price I will drink this Rum as opposed to a cheap Vodka or wine!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
You're not alone. I don't know that I would drink it straight but it's a decent option in a mixed drink. Let's face it, we tend to overwhelm rums with fruity additives. We'd be wasting a nice rum in a planter's punch. I don't know that I've seen it as cheap as $8, but Cruzan is fine.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, if you're mixing liquor with sugar water, you can buy just about any liquor. The super cheap stuff will give you a headache, but anything above that is fine. I always groan when people try to put an Anejo tequila in a margarita.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Month 3 at the beach. I got a craving for rum. Paid $22 for Rhum Babancourt from Haiti. Aged 8 years which may have been about 10 years too little. There was a 4 year version that is possibly worse. It became drinkable as the ice melted. But just barely.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Month 3 at the beach. I got a craving for rum. Paid $22 for Rhum Babancourt from Haiti. Aged 8 years which may have been about 10 years too little. There was a 4 year version that is possibly worse. It became drinkable as the ice melted. But just barely.
I'm not sure that any product exported from Haiti is going to be good. Maybe only the pure sugar cane itself.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm not sure that any product exported from Haiti is going to be good. Maybe only the pure sugar cane itself.
I will discuss with a Haitian coworker when I get back in a week. He may have a recommendation.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol

I will discuss with a Haitian coworker when I get back in a week. He may have a recommendation.
Keep in mind that they probably have some good local hooch. Many tropical nations with sugar cane have good local rum. But export is a different thing.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I brought this nice Martinique rum to the US just now. It tastes smooth with character from the Bourbon barrel. But still unmistakenly from Martinique.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.