Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Christmas present

Thanks Santa!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:21 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
My brother bought a bottle of the Bacardi 8 Anos. I had a drink tonight, quite delicious, and at only $22 at the local ABC Store, a very good deal.

http://www.bacardi.com/us/products/o...ct=8-a%C3%B1os
This was my "every day" rum for many years. Quite drinkable on it's own or with a splash of water or mixer. I don't drink much rum these days, but I always have some Bacardi 8 on my shelf, along with Capt Morgan Private Stock.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I'm a huge fan of Bundaberg 5. Mixed with coke, it is sensational. I also am rather partial to Havana Club Añejo Especial.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
From somewhere unexpected, Stroh from Austria. Bit of an interesting colour and flavour (buttery caramel and another flavour I can't describe). Good for rum teas ans rum toddies.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I picked up a bottle of Rhum Barbancourt from Haiti, aged 8 years. The kids will be here on vacation for a few days and I am hoping to serve a splash over ice for sitting on the dock at night. If it isn't drinkable, there's plenty of pineapple juice and coco lopez. It will not go to waste.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:36 pm

Cool hong kong cocktails

I love rum as mixed drinks, some of the best cocktail drinks that you must try are, Daiquiri, Mojito, Hurricane, Piña Colada, Ribston Apple and Mumbai Government Punch. You can also check some of the best rum cocktail here: http://www.stockton.com.hk/best-cocktails-hong-kong/
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I picked up a bottle of Rhum Barbancourt from Haiti, aged 8 years. The kids will be here on vacation for a few days and I am hoping to serve a splash over ice for sitting on the dock at night. If it isn't drinkable, there's plenty of pineapple juice and coco lopez. It will not go to waste.
I thought the Barbancourt was a bit harsh. Zaya is still my favorite although I've taken a liking to the Angostura 1824 I opened last weekend. Ah, summertime is rum time.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found this here in Europe at a random grocery store.

Pampero Aniversario Ron Extra Añejo - Reserva Exclusiva from Venezuela. Great taste and not at all harsh on the tongue. And I love the leather sack it comes with.

Last edited by stimpy; Apr 29, 2015 at 5:13 am
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JY1024
This was my "every day" rum for many years. Quite drinkable on it's own or with a splash of water or mixer. I don't drink much rum these days, but I always have some Bacardi 8 on my shelf, along with Capt Morgan Private Stock.
Same here. There's a bottle of Bacardi 8 anos in the back of the cabinet if anyone asks for a mixed drink with rum. And it's good enough to drink straight if one of the better bottles gets consumed before I can get out for a replacement.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:31 am

Flor de Cana 18 is pretty amazing. I picked up my first bottle at the duty free store in CUN a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to find here.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Has anyone here tried any of the Lost Spirits Rum yet? They've figured out how to age it much faster in something that sounds like a nuclear reactor. Almost impossible to get in Europe, but apparently the good US shops are starting to stock it.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Been going through a lot of p;lain minimally-aged Havana Club the past 3 1/2 weeks. Excluding outside drinks (won't mention the fact that Cuban bartenders seem to pour rum in 50:50 rum to mix), my partner and I finished 2.4 litres in 18 days between ourselves. Stuff is exceptionally smooth and has no bite, and doesn't give you a hangover the next day.

Best deal was a hotel bar overlooking the main plaza in Santiago de Cuba. Either get a drink for CUC 2.5-3 each, or for CUC 8, get two cans of domestic mixer and a 0.5l of white Havana Club. Since they were out of 0.5l bottles, we got a 0.7l bottle (only costs CUC 3.85 retail).

Going through a 3 year aged white now. The 7-year dark stuff has much more flavour, more like a Cognac.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:04 pm

Now here's a thread after my own heart! On my sideboard at the moment I have a Havana 7 yo, Havana Barrel Proof (as people seem to be calling it), a Kraken and some Mount Gay Extra Old. On my travels soon I plan to expand my range a bit as well.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone had experience with John Watlings Buena Vista? I'll be getting off the ship in Nassau next week. I've been there 3 times already and the port holds no fascination for me but I thought I'd hit one of the liquor stores and grab a bowl of conch salad before reboarding.

Then I spotted a rum producer located within hailing distance of the port, offer tours and sell a 5 year old dark rum that I don't imagine I will find back home. Anyone tried it?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm drinking this excellent Martinique rum now. However its 43% alcohol and I can taste that extra 3 percent so I think it needs a bit of a cut.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.