Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lancebanyon
Rock barnacles. I ordered as a novelty just to try but it turned out to be one of the most succulent things I've had all year. Just close your eyes good
Funny...I always assumed they'd be rather chewy. Head for the rocks!!

Still freezing here so tonight it's sirloin steaks with my rustic mash....a mix of tatties,onion,carrot and sprouts.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:01 am
uk1
Suspended

Spit roasted corn-fed chicken with some jacket pots, cauliflower cheese and a bottle of Pecheur ..... outside in the sun. No piccies - everyone knows what chicken looks like .....
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Went by the Que Shack, a local BBQ joint last night for dinner. I had a Q Baked Potato which comes with butter, cheddar cheese, sour cream, onions and a meat (I had pulled chicken). Mmm so good.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:01 am

Tonight we made this food network recipe, scallops with spicy pepper puree.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/s...ipe/index.html

Paired it with a St. Aubin En Remilly Premier Cru (one white I do like) and it was wonderful. Added some tomatoes to the leftover sauce and going to eat as salsa later with chips.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:01 pm
uk1
Suspended

Boring I know .. but jerk chicken and a really nice pilaff made almost entirely in the Zoji. A buttered pilau rice in stock and cinnamon, with caramelised onions cooked in the airfryer mixed with tinned sweetcorn, nuts sultanas and added to the rice.

Pecheur our cheap house white from Ocado.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
Went to a birthday party at a banquet hall with lebanese food and wow, so much.
tons of appetizers:babaganoush, hummus, meats, cheeses, potatoes and onions, tabouleh, smoked salmon, chicken, rice, puff pastry filled with cheese, some kind meat pressed.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Spire, HHonors Diamond, EK Gold
Also had Lebanese(ish) last night but in the context of iftar rather than birthday. Am getting better at buffets so actually managed to put together some borderline coherent courses rather than the culture clash on a plate I would have succumbed to in the past.

Dates to break alleged fast
Mezze to start: moutabal, muhammara, tabbouleh and fattoush.
Mains: Shish taouk, veg biryani, some pickles
Dessert: Umm Ali

Perhaps unsurprisingly a bit of a dry old do. Drank rose milk instead - looks like pepto bismol and sweet enough to make your teeth itch but surprisingly moreish. Have been revisited by wafts of potpourri ever since though.

Last edited by FinalCallDXB; Jul 29, 2013 at 11:06 pm
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Made a big pot of chilli for a chilly day.

The wife doesn't like hot food so I shall have some with a baked potato this evening and freeze the rest.
It's chilly and foggy here in Carmel, Ca today, so we are also having chili for dinner. Yum.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well it's Sunday and a Sunday without Brunch isn't a Sunday at all so I went to La Farm, a French Bakery in Cary, NC and had Eggs Benedict, a croissant and some Earl Grey tea:

Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:48 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

At Güllüoglu (in NYC), I had sour cherry and chestnut baklava with kaymak. Perhaps uk1 had a point with my alternate username...
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA
Will be sardines and toast tonight
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:10 pm

Leftover chicken and rice from fajitas night with some chopped cucumbers. Plus a banana for a late night snack. Ugh being healthy sucks
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
Got some dark chocolate covered pretzels at Costco today. Oh my. I had to hide them from myself.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:15 am

I would have liked my first post in this thread to be a joyous celebration of culinary delight but, alas, that is not to be the case. Tonight my wife brought home some sushi which while not terribly bad was not particularly good either. It wasn't the quality of the ingredients, per se, sushi just doesn't travel well.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 3:41 am

A piece of bread that was allegedly and a croissant and another that purported to be a Danish. But hey, I'm at the RDU Admirals Club so what do I expect, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.