Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
1-1/2" thick lamb loin chops from Costco, grilled medium rare. Could cut with a fork, melt in your mouth. Stacey's plain pita chips with warm artichoke dip, and sliced cucumber. Simple and light for our first 90° day of the year.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:07 am
uk1
Suspended

Lunch - overlooking the sea in Devon. Bought some lovely fresh mussels and thought I'd do Chilli Mussels ie treat it as if it were Chilli Crab.

Made some garlic and parsley flatbread to go with and some nice freezing dry Pecheur to go with it. ^
Old May 3, 2013, 10:52 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uk1
Lunch - overlooking the sea in Devon. Bought some lovely fresh mussels and thought I'd do Chilli Mussels ie treat it as if it were Chilli Crab.

Made some garlic and parsley flatbread to go with and some nice freezing dry Pecheur to go with it. ^
Which chilies did you use? It's a dish that I liked enough to actually not want to eat it anywhere else but Singapore. May not make much sense, but it was a good memory, dipping the fried mantou into the sauce, combined with the crab.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Which chilies did you use? It's a dish that I liked enough to actually not want to eat it anywhere else but Singapore. May not make much sense, but it was a good memory, dipping the fried mantou into the sauce, combined with the crab.
I KNOW this is how it was made when I had chilli crabs in Singapore so don't shout at me

I used some standard non-descript supermarket hot chilli and blended it with garlic and oil and fried it in butter and added cream of tomato soup and some sugar. Flat leaf parsley on top.

Used the shells to scoop the "sauce".
Old May 4, 2013, 3:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Up in Chicago today.

Breakfast: buffet at the Hilton ORD so cereal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and a croissant.

Lunch: A hot dog at Wrigley Field.

Dinner soon at Gibson's Steakhouse.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA,UA
Grilled quail & chicken in a mole poblano sauce....leftovers from a san diego trip.
Old May 9, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Tried a local restaurant called William's Gourmet Kitchen today. Had a blue cheese chicken wrap and fries and they were both really good AND served with huge portions. Definitely a good dinner ^
Old May 9, 2013, 11:30 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

NYC

Breakfast: Various sugared cereals at 4x the recommended serving size, and added cinnamon and walnuts

Lunch: Two $1 slices of pizza and an apple juice

Dinner: Mujaddara (lentils, rice and caramelized onions) and a (re?-)bottle of water

Dessert, maybe: Honey oat granola bar, chocolate chips and milk. Either preceded or followed by V8 with Turkish hot pepper juice added to make it spicy. Can't remember, because I eat savories or sweets anytime of day, in any order.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Dinner soon at Gibson's Steakhouse.
How was this? Seems like I hear a lot of buzz about this place. Might be time to ping the "Best steakhouses" thread again. It's been quiet for awhile
Old May 10, 2013, 7:46 am
uk1
Suspended

Lunch - home: Persian Lamb Kofta with roasted onions and peppers and rice and Calatrava Gran Reserva.

Followed by a flor de rafael gonzalez cigar and large expresso and a really cheap spanish brandy in the garden.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Lunch - home: Persian Lamb Kofta with roasted onions and peppers and rice and Calatrava Gran Reserva.
I had a cheap Finca de la Vega Reserva last night that was outstanding. Is there any bigger bang for the buck than Tempranillo?
Old May 10, 2013, 8:16 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by lancebanyon
I had a cheap Finca de la Vega Reserva last night that was outstanding. Is there any bigger bang for the buck than Tempranillo?
Seems to be at the top end when bought at decent discount. At full price it's a non-starter.

I have been buying this in the uk at around £8 -£9 per bottle or so. I bought a couple of cases yesterday having enjoyed a few previously. I have been throwing ( sorry - decanting) it into a jug to air ( and I mean throwing) and that with ensuring it's not too cold seems to be giving a fairly "expensive" refined wine at a lowish cost. It needs air and temperature to give it refinement. I sort of think of it as being a summer Rioja if you get my drift.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
2 breakfasts in Edinburgh: McD breakfast muffin and porridge in BA lounge

Lunch at home in london: salad with salmon

Dinner in Paris: steak and chips
Old May 10, 2013, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by lancebanyon
How was this? Seems like I hear a lot of buzz about this place. Might be time to ping the "Best steakhouses" thread again. It's been quiet for awhile
Amazing. I absolutely love this restaurant. The food is top notch but what's better is the service. The wait staff seem to somehow know when you want them to come over and when you like to be left alone. Here are a couple pictures:

That's me with a 16 ounce bone in filet and my brother with a 12 ounce filet mignon with garlic. We split a side of blue cheese scallion potatoes. Plus for being at a fancy place paying a mere $11 for a Glenlivet 12 on the rocks is okay by me. They fill the glass all the way to the brim too. Excellent wine selection (the Malbec I paired with my steak is not pictured).
Old May 10, 2013, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Amazing. I absolutely love this restaurant. The food is top notch but what's better is the service. The wait staff seem to somehow know when you want them to come over and when you like to be left alone. Here are a couple pictures:
^ Definitely going to add it to the itin for my trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.