Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lancebanyon
Have you been to the Little Bear Inn in Cheyenne? When I was making those rounds 20 years ago it was a favorite.
I have not but it's funny you mention that because we saw it off I-25 and were amused because farther north we went past an exit that said "Middle Bear".

Oh and dinner was an improvement: a lamb cheeseburger and sweet potato fries at Del Frisco's here in Phoenix.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 1:48 am
uk1
Suspended

meals@Devon.

Well .. we came down to Devon for a few days of sun to walk and eat every day and it has been raining everyday! Stuck in.

Yesterday Chicken Forestier with gratin dauphinoise potatoes and petit pois.

Today (Monday) we are having Sunday lunch! Roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding with onion gravy, roast potatoes and mixed veg.

Have been using a red wine aerator which is making all my cheaper reds taste much better.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Best Hilton Garden Inn breakfast I've had. They had cheesy scrambled eggs and very acceptable biscuits and gravy plus sausage, potatoes, bacon and cereal.

The only weird part was this hotel is so empty I had the entire breakfast room to myself. The waitress just stood in the corner talking to me, I asked her if she wanted to sit down but apparently she couldn't.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum
Having dinner at WP24 -downtown LA

Lychee Martinis
Pork Belly Bao Buns
Peking Duck Rolls
Rainbow sushi roll
Hamachi crunch roll
Sashimi
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Lobster Rolls!

Anytime I'm in the northeast, I HAVE to get a good lobster roll. Thanks to the suggestion from fellow FT members over in the New England destinations forum, I got one at Lobster Claw II just outside of MHT.

Granted, it looks a little mushy or mayonaise-ie, but that's because it was made entirely from claw meat with 6+ whole claws as well as multiple broken up ones. Made for a much sweeter/tender lobster roll. All claw meat in the roll was a first for me, but I definitely liked it!

Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors
Today started with good intentions

Berry scone & a double espresso

Chicken, mangetout & couscous salad
Box of Boxerchips

Supermodel skinny slice of chocolate swiss roll at 3pm

Tonight will be home made Chicken & Aubergine (Eggplant) Tikka curry with naan & rice. I made 6 servings last night as I was on a roll...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:09 pm

Just a bowl of cereal, some coffee, then lots of water. Someone is a little hungover today
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:39 pm
uk1
Suspended

lunch@Hampshire

Fresh Test River Trout with some lime aioli and some sauté potatoes and petit pois and a bottle of our house wine, the sublimely inexpensive Pecheur.

Pear and frangipane tart with cream for dessert.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:12 pm

Time 5:40pm

Meal: Dinner

Menu: Leftover steak, potato salad and broccoli cole slaw.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:42 pm

Knocking out some food in the fridge I don't want to go bad. Scrambled eggs on tortillas with hot sauce and salsa. Mmm.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For lunch now that it's getting a bit chilly here.

Bowl of home made lentil, carrot, potato and tomato soup.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:24 am
uk1
Suspended

Well, it's warmed up here today!

We had some char-grillled sirloin in ciabatta with caramelised onions - with some pringles for lunch!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:02 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uk1
Well, it's warmed up here today!

We had some char-grillled sirloin in ciabatta with caramelised onions - with some pringles for lunch!
uk1, I'm curious as to Pringles flavors in the UK. I'm familiar with Walker's, but say, does Pringles offer a similarly large variety?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:05 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
uk1, I'm curious as to Pringles flavors in the UK. I'm familiar with Walker's, but say, does Pringles offer a similarly large variety?
http://www.pringles.co.uk/products/flavors
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:29 pm

Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Actually, that's a lie. I was too lazy to make multiple pancakes so I poured all the batter in the pan and made a single, giant pancake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.