Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I just got back from Tru in Chicago. About 15 courses of heaven!

Some highlights:

"Golden Imperial Ossetra [Caviar]"
"Bright melon on rose essence, cured duck breast"
"Yellow Corn Royal...truffle, foie gras"
"Soy glazed veal"
"Epoisses...red wine pear"

Probably the best meal of my life.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Had Pork Schnitzel yesterday at the neighborhood restaurant, with caramelized veggies and house salad honey citrus dressing. The Pork Schnitzel had a creamy mushroom sauce on it. Green tea black accompanied and Saskatoon berry pie with two scoops of ice cream as a treat.

Not my typical supper, but it was actually pretty tasty.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My usual weekend breakfast...chorizo egg and cheese scramble. But I'm out of tortillas so I had to eat it on toast
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
sushi, sushi, sushi
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:37 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

-Fiber cereal with a honey tinge
-Fuji apple
-Bibingka (a Filipino dessert; this one had coconut milk and sticky rice)
-Butter PopCorners chips
-Sesame bagel with olive oil, edamame, "Cajun" seasoning, and avocado
-A couple of spicy pickle slices
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Back to college life today after Tru last night, today I have had easy mac, some mandarin oranges, ritz crackers, and nutella. Dinner will probably be some dry cereal with some form of nuts and water. For dessert, a fork and crunchy biscoff spread!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Supper: Lasagne and home made Italian bread and Tempranillo.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:09 am

Dinner last night, lunch today: chile rellenos, but not those puffy, soggy omelet-like monstrosities you find in most restaurants. We like the New Mexican style - cooked on a skillet with an egg batter/flour coating that gives them a good crunch. Very tasty
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Location: Vancouver Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel (Gold Floor lounge)
Weekend, chefs egg station. Banana / almond French toast for brekky that made my taste buds so very happy !!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Tri-tip steak, marinated with Kinder's garlic marinade, cooked over lump hardwood charcoal

Anaheim chiles roasted over the same charcoal

Nishiki Brown Rice

A nice 2010 Chteauneuf-du-Pape "La Mitre"

Last edited by work2fly; Sep 9, 2013 at 10:41 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
First bowl of Pho today in almost 2 months.. I do half noodles, more veggies, add double veggies. Garnished with double order of bean sprouts. Finish it off with assorted beef, seafood, and tendons.. yummmm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A little breakfast for dinner. Amazing how easy scrambled eggs and toast can be, and also how comforting.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:46 pm
Suspended

All you can eat shrimp tonite at Red Lobster. Hot green tea. Brocolli as a side, plus I like how the wasabi teriyaki type shrimp comes with rice so you don't have to order as a side. My kids all had Kraft Mac and Cheese, and ice cream sundae for dessert. Tried the breaded shrimp, and the shrimp alfredo as well.

I had a kids ice cream sundae for myself, but somehow they got me an additional scoop of ice cream for $1.25 more. Must be a recent enhancement.

In Canada, there is a four course meal for $18.99, so I ordered my wife a Shrimp Alfredo, Salad, Clam Chowder and a cheesecake for takeout tonite..
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
All you can eat shrimp tonite at Red Lobster. Hot green tea. Brocolli as a side, plus I like how the wasabi teriyaki type shrimp comes with rice so you don't have to order as a side. My kids all had Kraft Mac and Cheese, and ice cream sundae for dessert. Tried the breaded shrimp, and the shrimp alfredo as well.

I had a kids ice cream sundae for myself, but somehow they got me an additional scoop of ice cream for $1.25 more. Must be a recent enhancement.

In Canada, there is a four course meal for $18.99, so I ordered my wife a Shrimp Alfredo, Salad, Clam Chowder and a cheesecake for takeout tonite..
Hope you had some of those cheesy biscuits. Highly addictive
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lancebanyon
Hope you had some of those cheesy biscuits. Highly addictive
Yep.. but with the modified Atkins diet, I'm trying to avoid breads and pasta as much as possible..

Thus the one helping of shrimp alfredo, and one biscuit to melt in my mouth.. and that's it.

I'm thinking I'll stop in at Red Lobster again, but the one washroom being down for renovations (Macleod Trail Calgary) made it really inconvenient bringing two kids there to eat. Had to line up and use a washroom that did not smell healthy from heavy use.

Today, at White Spot Restaurant and had their new roasted chicken with half slab of back ribs. The salad was free with their promo, and the brocolini as the side was great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.