Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by corky
Salt doesn't really adhere to fries unless they are salted right out of the fryer. It tends to just fall to the bottom. I don't mind salty fries & can't say that I remember having any that were too salty for me.
ive been very satisfied with zero salt on 5 guys fries back when I ate them. Mega yum.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I enjoy salted fries. 5 Guys is pretty heavy handed on the salt, similar to 70s McDonalds fries.
boxo likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Salt doesn't really adhere to fries unless they are salted right out of the fryer. It tends to just fall to the bottom. I don't mind salty fries & can't say that I remember having any that were too salty for me.
I've had some that have been way too salty, typically at fast food places. Plus, if you order them without salt, you know they are hot.
boxo likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I enjoy salted fries. 5 Guys is pretty heavy handed on the salt, similar to 70s McDonalds fries.
I guess if I knew they were heavy handed I would ask for light on the salt or just not order them. I don't ever order In&Out fries because they suck so I would do the same with 5 guys. I do love me some McD's fries.
boxo and JBord like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Capitola stop on the way home:

dq:
Mini frosted animal cookie blizzard

gayles:
italiano ficelle sandwich

Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I had a 6 regular entree family dinner for free at Pei Wei, by using their BOGOS coupon code, and 3 different Amex cards for their $10 each monthly free restaurant credit. Plus I earned a free award, too.

Beef and Broccoli, Chicken Lo Mein, Kung Pao Shrimp, Beef fried rice, Shrimp special, Thai Coconut Chicken and some egg rolls.
boxo and Kalboz like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
My go to's at Pei Wei are Mongolian Steak w/o the scallions with Noodles instead of Rice, Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/o the scallions, and the Crab Rangoons. My wife is into everything Chicken, and has a hard time choosing when we go.

She is odd that as an Filipino-Asian, she doesn't eat much rice anymore, so she has turned to lettuce as a side.

In the photos of Dairy Queen by Gaobest, did you mean to post the Blizzard upside-down like in their advertising, or is that a mistake? Also, why do they have barcodes on their freezers below the cups and cones?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teddybear99
My go to's at Pei Wei are Mongolian Steak w/o the scallions with Noodles instead of Rice, Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/o the scallions, and the Crab Rangoons. My wife is into everything Chicken, and has a hard time choosing when we go.

She is odd that as an Filipino-Asian, she doesn't eat much rice anymore, so she has turned to lettuce as a side.

In the photos of Dairy Queen by Gaobest, did you mean to post the Blizzard upside-down like in their advertising, or is that a mistake? Also, why do they have barcodes on their freezers below the cups and cones?
i think the freezer barcodes are for inventory control.
the blizzard indeed gets an upside down turn :-)
Im looking forward to more summer blizzards. Such a gem.
JBord likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I guess if I knew they were heavy handed I would ask for light on the salt or just not order them. I don't ever order In&Out fries because they suck so I would do the same with 5 guys. I do love me some McD's fries.
We are in agreement on McD's and In&Out fries. I'm surprised people don't like the 5 Guys though. I prefer the McD's style - they're always crispy. But 5 Guys taste pretty good IMO. Just because I'm thinking about it, Wendy's and Burger King probably have the worst fries - although I may be forgetting one.
corky and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
After cooking breakfast yesterday morning, I figured I was due for something healthier.

Cheerios with almond milk and sliced white flesh peaches
OJ
Toasted ciabatta bread with peanut butter
Iced coffee with stevia & chocolate almond milk

The peaches are sweet and ripe. I was told by the local produce cart guy that you buy cling peaches before Independence Day and after that, they are free stone. These separated easily from the pit.
boxo likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:04 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Slice of choclate cake for breakfast & washed it down with hot cup of coffee ...

Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I embellished the Gino’s East sausage pizza I bought through Goldbelly with red bell pepper, green onions, and flat leaf parsley for dinner last night and had a cold slice for breakfast. I forgot to take a photo of the frozen naked pizza.

corky likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by JBord
We are in agreement on McD's and In&Out fries. I'm surprised people don't like the 5 Guys though. I prefer the McD's style - they're always crispy. But 5 Guys taste pretty good IMO. Just because I'm thinking about it, Wendy's and Burger King probably have the worst fries - although I may be forgetting one.
I'm one of those people who never met a potato I didn't like.

Five Guys are certainly better than average IMO and one order easily feeds a family of four. Further, if you check the bottom of the bag, there are even more!
braslvr, corky, work2fly and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

last year we borrowed a friends mini-fridge and returned it to them; their own garage is stuffed so we brought it to their rental building for mega convenience and then parked in their buildings driveway for our luncheon :-)

Eats, Clement street, Sf ca

pancakes
tuna melt

Kale / quinoa salad with fried chicken
freshly-squeezed orange juice

BamaVol likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Slow roasted chicken in a covered dutch oven and barley with vegetables for dinner tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.