Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Champagne - Questions/Suggestions/Recommendations" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jantaoYVR
Bar none my favourite rose!
I had my first taste of Billecart-Salmon Rose Brut tonight and now I am ruined forever. How can I ever drink another champagne after this?? More importantly, how can I ever afford to buy it? It was heaven in a glass.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:23 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by corky
I had my first taste of Billecart-Salmon Rose Brut tonight and now I am ruined forever. How can I ever drink another champagne after this?? More importantly, how can I ever afford to buy it? It was heaven in a glass.
It's delicious.. my wife has been loving on Rose champagne lately so we've had a lot... we loved the Billecart Salmon... Paul Barra makes a nice Rose as well.. just picked up the following to try:
- Laurent Perrier Rose
- Louis Rodererer 2011 Rose
- Bollinger Rose

They had a bottle of the Grande Annee Rose but I thought I would pass...

FDW
Old May 2, 2017, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
It's delicious.. my wife has been loving on Rose champagne lately so we've had a lot... we loved the Billecart Salmon... Paul Barra makes a nice Rose as well.. just picked up the following to try:
- Laurent Perrier Rose
- Louis Rodererer 2011 Rose
- Bollinger Rose

They had a bottle of the Grande Annee Rose but I thought I would pass...

FDW
I prefer the Laurent Perrier, but by a hair.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Of those, the Roederer 2011 Rose is my favorite. Would love to try Grande Annee Rose, though, haven't had that!
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Just polished off bottles of 1995 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Rosé and Laurent Perrier Rosé with some family.

Both were very nice, hard to compare the two thought. Veuve was much bolder and seemed to be the favorite of most.

Last edited by United747; Jun 24, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by United747
Just polished off bottles of 1995 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Rosé and Laurent Perrier Rose with some family.

Both were very nice, hard to compare the two thought. Veuve was much bolder and seemed to be the favorite of most.
Haven't had VC rose. How does that compare with regular VC?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zitsky
Haven't had VC rose. How does that compare with regular VC?
I drank it with my sister and her husband who are big yellow lable fans and they definitely approved.

I haven't had the NV Veuve rose or the standard La Grande Dame to compare.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh happy day!!!
A very dear & thoughtful friend of mine just gave me a bottle of the aforementioned nectar of the gods for my birthday!!! My birthday is this Saturday and I plan on closing the drapes and drinking this all by myself--no sharing. I can't wait.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:30 am

Oh happy day!!!
A very dear & thoughtful friend of mine just gave me a bottle of the aforementioned nectar of the gods for my birthday!!! My birthday is this Saturday and I plan on closing the drapes and drinking this all by myself--no sharing. I can't wait.
You should open those drapes and drink it on your deck where everyone can see you! LOL
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
You should open those drapes and drink it on your deck where everyone can see you! LOL
yeah, but then I'd have to put clothes on.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:31 pm

yeah, but then I'd have to put clothes on.
Well in that case.... LOL
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Anybody have opinions or information about this one? It popped up a month or two back at Costco for $26 and we've really been enjoying it.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:43 pm

Going on my second Viking River cruise in September. They have Veuve Clicquot on the wine list at $65. Not too bad considering it sells for about $50 where I am. Maybe it should be cheaper in Europe, I dont know. Debating whether to have it at the beginning of the trip, before they run out, or at the end. And do I share it with anyone other than the spouse?

I have a ship credit that should cover all my alcohol, which is nice. Their wine list isn't that impressive, at least not by the glass. I'll have to look for the list of by the bottle wines.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puls
Anybody have opinions or information about this one? It popped up a month or two back at Costco for $26 and we've really been enjoying it.
Have not seen that at my Costco. I pretty much have the champagne section memorized too.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:31 am

Have not seen that at my Costco. I pretty much have the champagne section memorized too.
How many would you say your Costco carries? A whole section?! I'm lucky to see a few mixed in with the fine wines. VC is one of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.