Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by phillygold
I haven't sipped a Bud since I was a teenager in the late 70's early 80's. However, I have heard that the version brewed in the UK is far superior to what we have in the US. Is this true?
I can't answer that but I do remember a road trip back in the 70's to St Louis where we drank a different tasting Bud than what we got locally from Merimack, NH. So I suppose it's possible.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got back yesterday after 17 days away. I had 2 cousins from Seattle living in my house while I was away so that someone was around to keep an eye on Grandma BamaVol. They left me a fridge full of Sweetwater 420, Dogfish Head 60 Minute and Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I also grabbed a sixer of Daughters Brewing Bimini Twist IPA out of St Pete and Leinenkugel Summer Shandy was on sale 12/$8.49 so bought six lemon and six grapefruit. Also one leftover bottle of La Trappe Quadrupel that I hauled back from BCN.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Asahi Super Dry
Old May 30, 2016, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Got back yesterday after 17 days away. I had 2 cousins from Seattle living in my house while I was away so that someone was around to keep an eye on Grandma BamaVol. They left me a fridge full of Sweetwater 420, Dogfish Head 60 Minute and Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I also grabbed a sixer of Daughters Brewing Bimini Twist IPA out of St Pete and Leinenkugel Summer Shandy was on sale 12/$8.49 so bought six lemon and six grapefruit. Also one leftover bottle of La Trappe Quadrupel that I hauled back from BCN.
I need cousins like that.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I need cousins like that.
Careful what you ask for.

They left a dirty floor, unmade bed, garbage in the street and a ripped umbrella on the deck (didn't know enough to close it when the wind started to blow and neighbors retrieved it from the canal). I specifically asked them to drown the 2 yapping Yorkies on the deck next door and I come back to find them still alive. Worst of all, they spoiled my mother who will be looking for us to take her on a picnic at the beach every day for the rest of her life.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:59 pm

Careful what you ask for.

They left a dirty floor, unmade bed, garbage in the street and a ripped umbrella on the deck (didn't know enough to close it when the wind started to blow and neighbors retrieved it from the canal). I specifically asked them to drown the 2 yapping Yorkies on the deck next door and I come back to find them still alive. Worst of all, they spoiled my mother who will be looking for us to take her on a picnic at the beach every day for the rest of her life.
Next time you need a house and mother sitter, let me know. I'll mop the floors, wash the bedding, take the garbage to the curb, and rehome the Yorkies. Plus, will take your mother for a picnic at your favorite bar every day.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
Next time you need a house and mother sitter, let me know. I'll mop the floors, wash the bedding, take the garbage to the curb, and rehome the Yorkies. Plus, will take your mother for a picnic at your favorite bar every day.
You're on. Mother is quite fond of most of the bars I frequent. We go to Fishale for Sunday lunch and she always says "Your father would have loved this place". And the Yorkies must be relocated a minimum of 500 miles away. You're welcome to them.
Old May 30, 2016, 5:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
We're making fajitas tonight so my girlfriend and I got some Pacifico.
Old May 30, 2016, 5:16 pm

You're on. Mother is quite fond of most of the bars I frequent. We go to Fishale for Sunday lunch and she always says "Your father would have loved this place". And the Yorkies must be relocated a minimum of 500 miles away. You're welcome to them.
I don't want the Yorkies, but could probably find someone who would.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by CMK10
We're making fajitas tonight so my girlfriend and I got some Pacifico.
Nothing better than cold Pacifico with lime while listening to jazz on the beach in PVR.

Just a suggestion for the future.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Cristal in Santiago this weekend, which I only think I would find palatable there, out of tradition.

Someone bought some Leinenkugel Summer Shandy at home in my absence. Great for the hot weather recently. I always think of it as the Arnold Palmer of beer.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by sky303
Cristal in Santiago this weekend, which I only think I would find palatable there, out of tradition.

Someone bought some Leinenkugel Summer Shandy at home in my absence. Great for the hot weather recently. I always think of it as the Arnold Palmer of beer.
That's a pretty good description. I have not found a better shandy yet. I really wanted to like the Narragansett variety, but it didn't do anything for me. Disappointing.

That said, I tried Leinenkugel's grapefruit variety recently and was totally disappointed in that, too.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dchristiva
That's a pretty good description. I have not found a better shandy yet. I really wanted to like the Narragansett variety, but it didn't do anything for me. Disappointing.

That said, I tried Leinenkugel's grapefruit variety recently and was totally disappointed in that, too.
I'm drinking a grapefruit linie right now and enjoying it. But I think the lemon is still my first choice.

Like you, I've tried others and nothing seems to come close to Leinenkugel. The last time I strayed was with a Curious Traveler. I thought it was far too sweet.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
15 National Bohemians
16 Budweisers
~48 Bud Lights
2 Coronas
6 Dos XX
12 Shiner Bocks
4 Ballast Point Habanero IPAs

In full disclosure, not all mine. Live with 4 other guys.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sky303
There is a case of it sitting on a table at work for our happy hour later today. It's going to be 80 today. Perfect day for one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.