Wiki Posts
Search

4th Tier Announcement Tomorrow (6/28)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dilemma
Diamond Status Highlights:
Waived Redemption Fees
Award ticket redemption fees, like those crazy fees for tickets that start overseas?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by longtimelurker
One of the benefits on the PM/DM selection "menu" is described as "New Systemwide Upgrades," which seems to imply something less restrictive than the current PMUs.
I'm wondering if it means that...or just simply means extra useless ones?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Great find.
Your link is to p. 44. The program breakdown is on p. 46.
My bad! I mistyped the page number.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Effective Spring 2010

I notice the "Unlimited Rollover" is one of the items highlighted in red, which makes me suspect it will not be available this year---i.e., those of us with extra MQMs this year will start from scratch next year. Bummer. But still a nice twist to the program!

Also excited to see the Waived Direct Ticketing Charge, although note the footnote of "Launch date to be determined."
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Erasmus
I notice the "Unlimited Rollover" is one of the items highlighted in red, which makes me suspect it will not be available this year---i.e., those of us with extra MQMs this year will start from scratch next year. Bummer. But still a nice twist to the program!
I just noticed that too...

O.K. so if right now (2009) you have close to 125K MQMs and do nothing, you'll be Plat next year and have NO MQMs to roll-over to 2010...so you'll start 2010 with no MQMs to help you get status for 2011

BUT

Has it been established that if you earn 125K MQMs this year (2009) that you will get Diamond status starting in Feb of 2010 and through Feb of 2011???
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/DM, AA 3MM/PLT, UA 1K
Looks the PMUs become new "System Upgrades". Perhaps these are much better than the high fares required now to use. I have used maybe 1 of my 6 annual PMUs.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
The new Medallion benefits for Diamond seem to just solidify the threshold bonuses. The addition of the "Choice Benefits" to PM is a nice touch. I don't know why, the benefits are bit underwhelming at the Diamond level compared to a Platinum. Especially when it is a significant 50K MQM more.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
The way I read the red was that it was a new change to the program - not that it wouldn't go into effect immediately. Based on the Newsday and SLTrib articles, the rollover miles start immediately.

There is a type symbol next to those benefits which don't have a known start date at this time (award ticket upgrades, etc.).

I'd like to see how they decide to implement the new threshold awards since there are a number of us who will be Diamond's when this takes effect. I will hit 150K on Wednesday and, upon return, will select GM for my partner. Now it seems I get GM & Bonus miles. Wonder how that'll work.

ALSO, wonder if we'll be able to retroactively pick a 2nd choice from the 125K awards.

Nice to see the redeposit fees COMPLETELY gone and, as an ADDITION for GM/PM/DM members, the waiver of ALL direct ticketing fees is good!

Honestly kind of underwhelmed but oh well.
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Knowing what we know right now, the two biggest perks for DM are:

1. 125% bonus miles
2. Free Sky Club membership

(also a plus is that PM's retain the skyteam elite plus tag)

If I understand this correctly, say I attain 200,000 MQM's by the end of the year 2009 - does that mean that I start next year off as a PM?

Last edited by DL2SXM; Jul 27, 2009 at 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by wschild
Looks the PMUs become new "System Upgrades". Perhaps these are much better than the high fares required now to use. I have used maybe 1 of my 6 annual PMUs.
Jeff Robertson did mention that the current PMUs were BROKEN (his words, not mine) at Delta DO. This could be the new incarnation of them.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:08 pm

Also excited to see the Waived Direct Ticketing Charge, although note the footnote of "Launch date to be determined."
Hmmmm...I could be wrong...but, the way I read it.....excess or "rollover" miles from 2009 will be added to your balance in spring 2010 for 2011 qualification. (the opinion expressed is not necessarily that of the management...lol) That make any sense?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:09 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Nice to see the redeposit fees COMPLETELY gone
Yep, another "giveback." Basically just previous platinum benefits now with lipstick and called "diamond."
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
The new Medallion benefits for Diamond seem to just solidify the threshold bonuses. The addition of the "Choice Benefits" to PM is a nice touch. I don't know why, the benefits are bit underwhelming at the Diamond level compared to a Platinum. Especially when it is a significant 50K MQM more.
You know I was just thinking the same...if the jump to Diamond is 50K more MQMs over the Plat requirement...you think they would do better...

Would be nice for people with Amex Reserve or who flying mostly int'l (and get into lounges as a ST Elite +) to offer something in lieu of the club membership....
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:11 pm

I'm with AndyTLe - can't really see the incentive for going for Diamond over Platinum, given the 50K difference. Especially if you have SC access already through an AMEX Platinum card. But I sure do like the carryover MQM feature as an actual "enhancement". (I've been waiting a couple of years to use that last statement. Never thought I would get the chance.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.