Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I think you mean 7/28
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I think you mean 7/28
Yes, most likely accidental press of "6" instead of "7". I do it all the time, I had made 3 wrong-character-pushed-on errors by typing this post alone.

Wait...is this just for the 4th tier or the entire medallion/WP merger??
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
Sure...

I am guessing it will be 100k.
It will be higher than that--125k at a minimum--or may be based on revenue and not MQMs.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:26 pm
mdb

My guess and I do mean guess is 125k and nothing special.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by atl runner
It will be higher than that--125k at a minimum--or may be based on revenue and not MQMs.
I could see it at 125k, also you have a good thought about revenue based. Or it may be just segments instead of MQM's. Who knows. We will find out soon!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Let the race to be the first to post the news begin! Will I sleep tonight? How many times between running in the a.m. and showering will I hit refresh at FT? Could it be as simple as 125k MQMs? How will they announce it?

Oh the agony of it all!!!!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
3:47am Eastern...remember to set your alarm clocks!!!

sorry, couldn't resist....
Haha... Ugh... I'll be up getting ready for a 5:45 AM flight. Hopefully details will be available at SkyClubs tomorrow.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:12 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Haha... Ugh... I'll be up getting ready for a 5:45 AM flight. Hopefully details will be available at SkyClubs tomorrow.
They are usually the last to know anything.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
From NY Newsday:

-Status is Diamond
-125k MQMs or 140 segments
-All ticketing fees waived (this is for Golds and Plats as well)
-Most interestingly, "Now, Delta says it will allow customers to retain any Medallion qualification miles earned above a Medallion threshold at the end of the year, supplementing the ability to earn status the following year. For example, should a member accrue 40,000 Medallion qualification miles in one calendar year, the 15,000 Medallion qualification miles that exceed the 25,000 threshold for silver status will be rolled over to the following year."

http://www.newsday.com/delta-enhanci...gram-1.1330455
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by mersk862
From NY Newsday
Now what needs to be revealed are the benefits.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:50 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mersk862
From NY Newsday:

-Status is Diamond
-125k MQMs or 140 segments
-All ticketing fees waived (this is for Golds and Plats as well)
-Most interestingly, "Now, Delta says it will allow customers to retain any Medallion qualification miles earned above a Medallion threshold at the end of the year, supplementing the ability to earn status the following year. For example, should a member accrue 40,000 Medallion qualification miles in one calendar year, the 15,000 Medallion qualification miles that exceed the 25,000 threshold for silver status will be rolled over to the following year."

http://www.newsday.com/delta-enhanci...gram-1.1330455
Notwithstanding the inevitable complaints about there being too many elites, I like the rollover MQMs. Marriott announced the same thing a few weeks ago. It's good incentive to stay loyal when you might not otherwise make the next tier this year.

From the blurb (not that I trust newspapers), it looks like you have to at least make FO before rollover kicks in, so it shouldn't create FOs out of occasional travelers.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NewsDay
—Diamond, platinum and gold Medallion members will have ticketing fees waived for all bookings, whether completed by phone, online or in person.
So why did they waste the last 7 months screwing us (esp. NW elites) over, unless this really doesn't mean what it says?

Or (perhaps more likely) Delta realizes it shot both feet off & is trying to desperately to get them reattached.

Or maybe they just mean reservations fees (which most of us avoid anyway by using the web sites) & they will continue to hit us w/ the garbage fees.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Complimentary club membership as well. Interesting.

I don't think I'll hit 125K MQM ... but I'm already <1K away from Platinum.

One thing I really really hope they don't do is knock Platinum status from Skyteam Elite Plus to just Skyteam Elite.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:53 pm

Are there any benefits besides SkyClub membership and being ahead of Plats for elite upgrades?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:54 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
One of them is free CRC membership. Gee, glad I bought a three year CRC membership good through 6/2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.