Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Merger experience - flying NWA first time on Delta codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merger experience - flying NWA first time on Delta codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I am not sure I want to go to "DET" either, not too sure where that is......
oh DET is a SH**TY airport...I dont know that they even has scheduled PAX service there anymore...back in the 80's the only airline there was WN....DTW makes transiting any airport a pleasure (btw: dont ask to use the terminal 3 to terminal 4 shuttle at JFK...they will bite your head off...infact they stated they weren't sure why DL even posts the existance of the shuttle in the back of the inflight mag but said they'd make a one time exception to allow me to use it but normally I'd need to exit through security because the shuttle was for the LAX flights only...imagine my suprise when I noticed the LAX right next to the NW gate)
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tvnwz
+1

I am still waiting for this "southern hospitality" thing. Some are nice, so aren't. On average--in my experience--the crews are the same.
on a typical flight I'd say the DL & NW FA's are equal in type of service given....because I've flown NWA more I have more over the top wonderful experiences to relate too and because of flying DL over the past month unfortunately I've had more FLL Starbuck experiences (and the entire JFK tude thingy too) than I can remember on NWA...as someone else said a few posts ago...the merger will take time but this train has left the station...if you dont want to get on there's always US Scareways
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by socrates
on a typical flight I'd say the DL & NW FA's are equal in type of service given....because I've flown NWA more I have more over the top wonderful experiences to relate too and because of flying DL over the past month unfortunately I've had more FLL Starbuck experiences (and the entire JFK tude thingy too) than I can remember on NWA...as someone else said a few posts ago...the merger will take time but this train has left the station...if you dont want to get on there's always US Scareways
I guess we all need to remember that there are good and bad portions of each airline and with the volume of flying that many of us do, we'll see both.

I had some great FA's this weekend and sat next to a VERY senior ex-Pan Am FA going SLC-LAX this weekend. She was wonderful to talk with and made me wish that I'd been around during the 'glory days' of airline travel...

However just 2 flights before I had an FA ask me to return the blanket I had because it happened to look very similar to the duvet that they now have in intl J....

I'm 23 and get a lot of flack for being a PM and often get mistaken for a non-rev but suck it up and realize that the FA's are people too and treat them with as much respect as possible. I've had bad situations on DL that have been resolved above what could have been expected.

One final datapoint, there are some wonderful, relatively high level lurkers here that provide great help... when they can. Though I wish we had a direct contact much like you at NW had with Scoop, we don't and that's unfortunate. Maybe that can be one of the new enhancements that could make Skymiles a best in class program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.