Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Customer Event in ATL on 5/18

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 5:42 am
In Memoriam

Here is my bet, they will not get fifty people and the event will be canceled.

I am thinking that someone in Marketing told them about the FT crowd and it was oversold as a source of input. It appears that way. All indications are that they will not get their fifty guests.

Maybe if this event were highlighted somewhere else on FT.

There are a lot of former loyal DL customers who could give them some input.(Me being one, I only fly Air Tran now.)

Just my thoughts.
Old May 4, 2006, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by underpressure
I hope you're wrong. I suspect that there are many more who have emailed, but may not want to be acknowledged in this thread until the confirmations are forthcoming (there have been almost 1,500 views on this thread). Plus, the announcement implied that certain other Medallions would be invited. I assumed that a large event is planned and 50 spaces were 'reserved' for FT'ers, regardless of Medallion status.

All things considered, there really wasn't a lot of notice and many of us who would have otherwise attended, already have commitments. I envy those of you who can go and look forward to the after reports.
Old May 4, 2006, 7:10 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by DLfan
I hope you're wrong. ..
I hope I am wrong too....
Old May 4, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond

I am thinking that someone in Marketing told them about the FT crowd and it was oversold as a source of input. It appears that way. All indications are that they will not get their fifty guests.
Trust me, people higher than marketing know about FlyerTalk. It wouldn't completely surprise me if Jerry G. might look for time to time. I would say it's very clear that Jeff Robertson pays some attention here. The real issue is the short notice, something I suspect they did on purpose. If there were more notice, there is about a 99% chance that I would be there. Yes, FlyerTalkers all the time overthink the importance of FlyerTalk but it's one of the few ways that Delta can look at customer feedback in a semi realtime environment.
Old May 4, 2006, 10:46 am
v3

Just registered, haven't received a confirmation email yet - will see if there is still space available...
Old May 4, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
email came

Just received the confirmation email

See all of you there.....

Thank you for accepting our invitation to discover the New Delta. We can't wait to meet you.

At this behind-the-scenes event, you'll hear Delta executives discuss our plans for the future. They'll cover everything from corporate strategy to the SkyMiles® program and in-flight experience. We encourage you to bring your questions about the New Delta.

If you have any questions about the event or will be unable to attend, please contact us ASAP at [email protected].

Join us for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the New Delta.

When: May 18, 2006
Where: 180 Peachtree Street (formerly the downtown Macy's)
Time: 6:00 - 9:00p.m.

Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served — Business casual attire is recommended.

We already have your RSVP information, so there's no need to bring your invitation or this e-mail.

Event Parking

Complimentary parking will be available at 150 Carnegie Way. Please plan on arriving by 5:45p.m. to park and enter the building. And remember to bring your parking ticket into the building; we'll validate it as you enter the event.

Driving Directions

From the North:
Take I-85/I-75 South toward downtown Atlanta. Take exit 249 C - Williams Street/World Congress Center/Georgia Dome. Turn left at the fifth traffic light onto Andrew Young International Blvd. Take an immediate right onto Carnegie Way. Go two blocks. The parking garage is on the right (Lanier Parking Systems, 150 Carnegie Way). Look for signs and greeters.

From the South:
Take I-85/I-75 North toward downtown Atlanta. Take exit 248 C - Andrew Young International Blvd/Freedom Parkway/Carter Center. After exiting, stay to your left. Go to the second traffic light and turn left onto International Boulevard. Go through five traffic lights. After fifth light, take immediate left onto Carnegie Way. Go two blocks. The parking garage is on the right (Lanier Parking Systems, 150 Carnegie Way). Look for signs and greeters.

From the West:
Take I-20 East toward downtown Atlanta. Take exit 56 B - Windsor Street/Spring Street/Turner Field. After exiting, turn left at the first light onto Windsor Street. (Windsor Street becomes Spring Street). At the ninth traffic light, turn right onto Carnegie Way. (Hampton Suites is on your right.) Go one block onto Carnegie Way. The parking garage is on the right (Lanier Parking Systems, 150 Carnegie Way). Look for signs and greeters.

From the East:
Take I-20 West toward downtown Atlanta. Take I-75/I-85 North towards Chattanooga/Greenville. Stay in the right lanes. Take exit 248 C - Andrew Young International Blvd/Freedom Parkway/Carter Center. After exiting, stay to your left. Go to the second traffic light and turn left onto International Boulevard. Go through five traffic lights. After the fifth light, take an immediate left onto Carnegie Way. Go two blocks. The parking garage is on the right (Lanier Parking Systems, 150 Carnegie Way). Look for signs and greeters.

Thank you again for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you on May 18.

I like the part about the cocktails
Old May 4, 2006, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Just received the confirmation email

See all of you there.....
me too.....

So much for wanting to meet for a drink, they are having coctails there. ^ and horse dervies (what ever they are)

Business casual, does that mean I should wash my kicks?

Last edited by underpressure; May 4, 2006 at 3:36 pm
Old May 4, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
I was just confirmed via email from Delta.
Old May 4, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Got my email confirmation today.

Wow.. I'm impressed they're even paying for parking.

Can't wait to see what they have to say
Old May 4, 2006, 3:05 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
really wish

Scrap that, shifted client just called, I SHOULD be there. I just registered, I think. I sent it to the person the announcement was from, is that correct? Not seeing a link to register, am I missing it?

edit again...I found the link, yes I am out of it today.

Last edited by Lehava; May 4, 2006 at 3:15 pm Reason: change in plan, edit 2 I'm an idiot
Old May 4, 2006, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
Scrap that, shifted client just called, I SHOULD be there. I just registered, I think. I sent it to the person the announcement was from, is that correct? Not seeing a link to register, am I missing it?
The link to register is in the announcement at the top of the DL forum. I'm really jealous, Lehava. Wish I could do this. I tried to shift plans today and discovered that it is cost prohibitive.
Old May 4, 2006, 3:26 pm

FT is just one source of attendees so it doesn't really matter if there are less than 50 FT members there or not.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by DLfan
The link to register is in the announcement at the top of the DL forum. I'm really jealous, Lehava. Wish I could do this. I tried to shift plans today and discovered that it is cost prohibitive.
It looks like I may even be able to do this as a skysaver!!!! Or may just let DL pay for it and use a voucher *smile*
Old May 4, 2006, 4:10 pm
In memoriam

Arrow

HMMMM and that Sat night is the nascar all star race in Charlotte...may just have to make this a weekend!!!!!!!
Old May 4, 2006, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I can't make it, I will be travelling that Thursday but won't get into ATL until 9:45pm. Leaving at 10:30pm.... if anyone from the event is at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.