Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Customer Event in ATL on 5/18

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
My final plea to the Delta brass reading this would be to consider allowing only PMs with PMUs to do the day of departure upgrades. If you're that worried about revenue dilution, just don't allow it using miles. I think they would find their high-tier elites to be a much, much happier bunch.
Even though I am PM, and it would be in my best interest to agree with you, I don't think this would be in the best interest for DL to only upgrade PMs.

Why? Because there may be a silver medallion who's paid twice as much for their ticket than a PM, so why shouldn't they have an opportunity to be upgraded as well?

The silver medallion would be just as impressed with this generosity as a PM, if not more so. PMs should have a better chance of getting upgraded, but I disagree completely that silvers and gold should be completely cut out of getting upgraded.

In response to those postulating that people might not pay more for the chance of getting upgraded, I disagree. For business travellers that have some (but not an extreme) amount of leeway with respect to the ticket price they can reasonably purchase, some (including janeway) would pay a little more for the chance to upgrade (based on availability & status)

Other airlines (ie:AA): intl ticket upgrade = non-expensable extra fee
The new Delta airlines: int'l ticket upgrade = (based on status) slightly higher ticket fee that is expensable.

It's not rocket science, IMHO.

Last edited by janeway; May 24, 2006 at 9:59 pm
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Talking

Did everyone else that attended the Velvet Rope event get an email thanking them for attending?

The part that stuck out for me was the "Let's do it again soon" comment. I can't wait for that!

Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by rnovak
Did everyone else that attended the Velvet Rope event get an email thanking them for attending?
Yes.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold

The part that stuck out for me was the "Let's do it again soon" comment. I can't wait for that!

Yes and I appreciated it. It shows they are sincere in their efforts. ^
Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Yes, but there was also talk of a "gratuity" to the attendees among the lower level managers. Perhaps that was nixed. In any event, I would attend another event, though I am still waiting for my "Mile High Guy" shirt.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I'm glad there are so many "the glass is half full" people here, to balance out the cynics like me!
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:00 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vasantn
I'm glad there are so many "the glass is half full" people here, to balance out the cynics like me!

As you enjoy your imaginary meal on a 90 minute AA flight!
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold

Not here. Guess they don't want me back......

I've had some correspodence with several of the senior managers though. ^
Old Jun 10, 2006, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Page 76 in the June 2006 issue of Sky magazine reminded me of Lehava for some reason...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.