Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rkmallik
Awesome, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

Do you know frequently innosked is updated with Delta's flight schedules?
The only answer I'd have for that is "as often as Delta feels like it". Sorry.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I am finding all domestic FC award flights shown as low level (green) on the calendar are pricing out as medium. I posted a separate thread about this, which can give more details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...m-just-me.html

Curiously, FC awards on Alaska airlines price out correctly, but I cannot find a single allegedly low level FC flight to/from HI (HNL or KOA) or within the 48 states to price as low level miles. This did not start happening in my searches until a few days ago. Is this a bug?

Last edited by Richard1148; Jan 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm Reason: Clarifying that problem is only for domestic FC awards. Intl is OK.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
My Known Traveler Number keeps getting removed from my profile.

For Danny_DeltaeCommerce or anyone else that can help:

I have been experiencing a very irritating issue: My Known Traveler Number keeps getting removed from my profile. This has happened at least 6 times now, and it is really frustrating. The ultimate consequence is that my KTN doesn't get saved into my itinerary, and I don't get to use the expedited screening lanes, and therefore costs me a lot of time at the airport.

I have entered my KTN several times into my profile, and each time - though it saves and appears on my profile page correctly for several days - at a certain point it disappears from my profile. This has happened twice in the last week.

On Jan 2, I purchased a ticket in the morning, and my KTN was there and defaulted into my reservation properly. Then that evening, I purchased another ticket and the KTN was missing from my profile and hence didn't carry over into my reservation.

I don't know why it keeps happening, but it's a little frustrating, because I have to constantly monitor it to make sure my reservations are being handled correctly with my Secure Flight Data.

No other information in my profile, including other Secure Flight Data, is affected. It's just the Known Traveler Number.

Can you help? Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
DL.stupid can't sell HA codeshares (DL flight #)

I just tried to book a HNL-OGG RT at DL.com. It lists HA flights that are DL code shares (they have DL numbers, e.g. DL6802). It does not list prices, just "economy" or "first". I select the outbound, then the return (DL6868), then...
We are unable to process your request. Please call the Delta Online Customer Support Desk at 1-888-750-3284 for assistance. Customers outside of the 50 United States should contact the Delta Reservations Sales office for their country. (#101733)
I tried several times and always get the same outcome.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
This is a good error, never seen it before. Login, then go too view my itineraries.

On the My Trips Page, and itinerary I flew yesterday that had 3 segments is showing but the date is:

Jan 15, 2013

As such, it shows it as the last itin (as it should) since the page is sorted by chronological order. The best part is that on the right hand side I have the "check-in" box.

When I click to view the itinerary, the page that loads the details loads the correct flights and correct dates, as in 2012, vs 2013.

Gotta love Deltamatic.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Not a delta.com error but a premiere phone line error (please move if needed).

Called in yesterday and never got the PIN prompt after entering my SM#. When trying to make changes, the agent on the phone had to 're-connect' me to the automated prompt to enter it. First time, I got disconnected and had to call back and start over. Second time, agent was able to conference me in to PIN bot but then we had to speak over the automated voice.

Got everything done I needed to, but not exactly a smooth transaction. Either way, somehow the PIN entry got removed from the phone prompt process.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
bug report:

On delta.dumb it states:
"We are redesigning the Award Travel booking process and calendar on delta.com to improve the Award redemption experience. We plan to continue improving the display of Award seats and other issues to provide better online Award Travel booking. We began making these improvements in May 2010 and have completed many of them. We will continue to improve the online experience on delta.com to offer more functionality to customers through the first quarter of 2011. For example, we will continue to redesign the Award Travel booking process and further improve the pricing and availability display of the calendar. And, we will add even more search options and display flight amenities. "

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ates/index.jsp

Problem description:
Reliability. The award calendar is still broken. The first quarter of 2011 is over about 10 months ago, and the award calendar was not fixed.

Previous problem documentation:
(a) "The current calendar search functionality is now the best place to see award seat availability for all Delta flights. " (March 6, 2007)
Not accurate. Problems with the presentation of flights
(b) When a Medallion member logs in and views the calendar, they gain greater access to award seats than customers who are logged in as non-Medallions. As you are aware, our revenue management systems allocate more seats to Medallions. (March 6, 2007)
Not accurate. Reallocation is ONLY for Y flights, not for J.

(c) "
Q: Why are there so many technical limitations on the website around award availability?

A: We are very aware of the error messages, technical limitations and continued issues around the award calendar technology. Its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a lot better than it used to be 2 years ago. We are working quickly to fix all the issues out there in priority order. Today, almost 2/3 of all our award bookings go over the website, with the remaining 1/3 still being booked through RES staff. Most of these bookings that go through RES remain very complicated bookings or are with partners who are not yet online. Our goal is to drive the online bookings to 80%, and as such, we will continue to develop the online booking tool to meet that goal."
(Q&A, June 23, 2008)

Goal not met. The award calendar is broken. The availabilty is broken.

I know it is not fair to bring back such old documentation. It is also not fair that the webiste reports 2011 Q1 upgrades and updates to the system that did not take place.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:54 am

Reporting Bug: Message # 7005

To replicate:
- Book a trip, From ATL to TPE, (Select Book with Miles)
- Leave/return Jul1/Jul23 (I don't think it matters)
- Click Find Flights
- On the left "Modify Search" sidebar, select "Schedule (All flights for this route)"
- Click Find Flights again
- First Flight that comes up should be Delta flight 295/275 connecting through NRT
- Click the First/Business button on the first outbound flight.
- Error message comes up:

Lets Try That Again
Were having some trouble completing your request right now. Give it another chance and start over.
If the problem continues, contact us for help.
Message # 7005

Last edited by hg‎; Jan 18, 2012 at 7:02 am
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
domestic F/Y awards still not pricing correctly

To reiterate what's been posted earlier, supposedly low-level F domestic awards are still pricing at 40K each way for me (medium-level). This is also true when pricing out a low-level Y outbound with a low-level F return, which incorrectly prices out at 52.5K. Low-level F paired with medium-level F also incorrectly prices as 80K when it should be 62.5K.

Some roundtrip Y domestic awards are also not pricing correctly. For example, if a low-level Y award is selected for the outbound, and a medium-level Y award is selected for the return, the lowest mileage award displayed throughout the flight selection process is 42.5K. It isn't until the final itinerary page that the correct price (32.5K) is displayed.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Lightbulb recent searches

OK, here's a suggestion (should be very easy to fix):

"Recent searches" remembers some very basic parameters about the search (origin, destination, dates). Why not extend this to a few additional fields? I.E. remember if the search was one-way or round trip (now defaulted to RT), remember the number of tickets searched (defaulted to 1), remember the cabin (defaulted to Economy), award ticket or not, etc.

The fields remembered under the existing "recent searches" are not enough; one still has to change the default values for all the other fields.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
The problem I have been experiencing lately besides the broken calendar is that if I do find flights with the lower mileage level and the booking engine let's me go through the motion of picking the flights, at the very end of the process I get a message that one of the flights has "just" sold out. I'm like why are you wasting my time. It almost seems like Delta was caught offguard, and that is how they close that loop hole.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Something annoying from last weekend:

I had a AS/DL ticket booked using DL miles. I went to check in for my return (EUG-SEA-ATL-GSO) and the DL website directed me to first go to AS.com. I did so and only got my EUG-SEA BPs. I went back to the DL website and it still directed me to AS.com. I tried changing my starting point to SEA and it then gave me an error message and wouldn't let me check in.

Eventually, I had to see an agent at SEA as even the check-in machines wouldn't print my BPs.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I like how this thread is stickied and the similar one on AA isn't.
There's a reason it's called DL.dumb.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:02 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by mnredfox

On the My Trips Page, and itinerary I flew yesterday that had 3 segments is showing but the date is:

Jan 15, 2013

Gotta love Deltamatic.
Delta IT is still struggling with Y2K; give them another couple of years to figure out this interwebs stuff; who knew that it would be so complicated?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
multi-city trip w/ KE codeshares

I've been trying to book two tickets to ICN from DCA, routing through JFK to get the KE A380. I have to use multi-city search by schedule to get the routing to even show up, which is fine. But no matter what I do, I can't get the website to price it out for me in F/J. I go to select the flights that I want for DCA-JFK, JFK-ICN-JFK, and JFK-DCA, and then it just throws me back to selecting the DCA-JFK segment by price (abandoning my multi-city search).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.