Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by Italy98
Yesterday I was able to log in without any issue. This afternoon I am greeted with:
"Provide Your Email Address

Pardon the interruption, but we noticed that you haven't provided a primary email address in your SkyMiles profile yet.

Please enter an email address where we can contact you in case you ever forget your SkyMiles PIN. As soon as you're done, we'll take you right back to what you were doing."
This is frustrating and annoying that almost every four to six weeks we are pestered to reenter our email address which has not changed in nearly 10 years. I know this is a very small issue but the requirement to reenter one's email is becoming more frequent.
I've seen Italy98's posts on this elsewhere, and I had this problem occur for me immediately after delta.com started requiring the last name during login. I solved it (as recommended on FT) by going to my profile and reentering my email address. As of yesterday, the problem is occuring again. But I've tried twice in the last two days to reenter my email address in my profile and I logged in a few seconds ago and it asked for my email address again. I don't know what delta.com's problem is although it is important to note that while I received check-in notices for my outbound flight on 11/3, I didn't get any for my return on 11/4. But my email account (with Earthlink) seems to be working fine for everybody else.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Booking engine refills preferred trip after clicking "Start Over"

Lately, when booking trips at delta.com, if I go partway through the process, and then click the Start Over button to change dates, times, price/schedule, etc. the booking engine keeps the dates that I had entered, but puts back in my default preferred trip city pair. Although my default trip is currently TPA-LAX, when I'm trying to book TPA-PDX, I don't want the website to unexpectedly switch me to LAX.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Dearest Awesome Delta Web Dev Team:

Caught this today... searching for flights from HSV to MAN on Nov 20 with return on Dec 2. Lowest fare shows the following flights. Note that last layover time.

Multi-stop
(HSV-Detroit Flt 2680)
Detroit-Wayne County
(4 hr 30 min layover)
Airport Change:
arrives:
(Detroit - New York flt 2815)
New York-Kennedy
departs:
(New York - Man flt NW8434)
Manchester
(27428 layover)
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL
While searching for flights today I came across this:
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
Add me to the list of the walking frustrated.

I have flown roundtrips each of the past 4 weeks. In all of my flights posted on Delta.com, I get either 1 or no segments credited for my 2-segment flights (2 separate flight numbers, not one-stops). My MQM count for the flights is not correct, either.

I have e-mailed Delta, and will await their response.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by NewsBruin
Add me to the list of the walking frustrated.

I have flown roundtrips each of the past 4 weeks. In all of my flights posted on Delta.com, I get either 1 or no segments credited for my 2-segment flights (2 separate flight numbers, not one-stops). My MQM count for the flights is not correct, either.

I have e-mailed Delta, and will await their response.
This has happened no less than 9 times to me since 10/1. I have e-mailed DL 3 times and each time received a boilerplate response that the miles/MQM's are already in my account. I respond, "no they are not" and then receive a auto-generated message that it will be 11-12 days before anyone can reply again. I suppose I need to speak with someone. DL IT is a pathetic excuse.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA,BA,CO,DL,NW,UA,SPG,HH
Missing previously posted miles on Delta.com

Previously posted DL SkyMiles appear to have disappeared from on line activity on Delta.com. I first noticed this after DL transactions were merged with NW WorldPerks transactions, but these are DL transactions (not NW) that had already been posted to DL this year. So far, I've noticed both air activity and non air activity missing: air activity (on DL) for an international round trip and 3,999 bonus miles from Nutrisystem have both disappeared.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Air Brian
This has happened no less than 9 times to me since 10/1. I have e-mailed DL 3 times and each time received a boilerplate response that the miles/MQM's are already in my account. I respond, "no they are not" and then receive a auto-generated message that it will be 11-12 days before anyone can reply again. I suppose I need to speak with someone. DL IT is a pathetic excuse.

I've been trying to get missing mileage since September. The first time, after a week, was "here's your mileage" and "you're not getting your mileage" in the same email. Emailed back, and received both an automated 5 -6 days, then a response that said "sorry", but they'll look into it. After a week, pinged them, got the 11 - 12 days message. After that, pinged them again, got another 11 - 12 days message. Like I really want to have to keep after them on this. What a hassle.

Mrs. TrojanTraveler and I have seen our miles/activity zero out now and then...it seems to be better, except that both of our MillionMiler status is now gone.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
If you look at your Skymiles account through nwa.com, you will see your activity in a much more readable format. :-:

Some stuff will show up there that may not show at delta.com

I got a 5K Avis bonus in September that does not show on delta.com, but shows at nwa.com

And I also had an American Eagle flight SBA-LAX in September that does not show on delta.com, but does show on nwa.com though it shows up as N and no miles being credited. Even the amazing Kevin Pinto seems unable to cure that one.

Worth looking at....

David
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
If you look at your Skymiles account through nwa.com, you will see your activity in a much more readable format. :-:

Some stuff will show up there that may not show at delta.com

I got a 5K Avis bonus in September that does not show on delta.com, but shows at nwa.com

And I also had an American Eagle flight SBA-LAX in September that does not show on delta.com, but does show on nwa.com though it shows up as N and no miles being credited. Even the amazing Kevin Pinto seems unable to cure that one.

Worth looking at....

David

Interesting, and thanks. I'm having the exact same issue...SBA-LAX from September, and it also shows up as N on nwa.com., with the DL code listed under Designated and the AA code under Operated. (Shows nothing on Dl.com.) In the past few years I've always had to ask for the credit, but this time they are being difficult. And since they're so behind, who knows if they're actually reading the emails. (Got another automated email this am that says that it'll take 6 - 7 days...unprompted, since I was still waiting for the last 12 - 14 day period to go by.)

What did they tell you about SBA-LAX?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Angry Delta no longer recognizes my skymiles account

Delta no longer recognizes my frequent flyer number or status. Failures include:

Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:22 am
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
        "Upgrade: Available"... just kidding!

What a PITA this freakin merger is.

Just booked SJC-MSP-MKE on NW metal for later this week with both flights showing "Upgrade: Available". Even selected my F seats. Clicked Purchase and the UGs disappeared and I was assigned lovely middle Y seats. Called the PM line to be told that "oh, its one of those merger glitches when you try to book NW metal". Helpful agent unsuccessfully tried to force it, even her Help Desk couldn't do it. "Hopefully by the end of the day, the NW system will recognize it and clear it".

Fortunately, both UGs did clear about 10 minutes later, but what a mess. I promise never to again complain about aa.com.
        Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
        Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
        Interesting, and thanks. I'm having the exact same issue...SBA-LAX from September, and it also shows up as N on nwa.com., with the DL code listed under Designated and the AA code under Operated. (Shows nothing on Dl.com.) In the past few years I've always had to ask for the credit, but this time they are being difficult. And since they're so behind, who knows if they're actually reading the emails. (Got another automated email this am that says that it'll take 6 - 7 days...unprompted, since I was still waiting for the last 12 - 14 day period to go by.)

What did they tell you about SBA-LAX?
        I got this reply from Kevin Pinto on November 5th:

We have been having issues with getting all American Eagle operated flights posted for the month of September. Our tech team is working on a fix - and it should be updated shortly.

And then I flew SBA-LAX on November 10th and the flight posted the next morning. First time one has posted without me asking in a loooooong time!

David
        Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:37 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
        Logged into DL.com this PM w/o any problems. Just logged in and this bug appered again

Provide Your Email Address

Pardon the interruption, but we noticed that you haven't provided a primary email address in your SkyMiles profile yet.

Please enter an email address where we can contact you in case you ever forget your SkyMiles PIN. As soon as you're done, we'll take you right back to what you were doing.

DL - what is happening with your system? It seems to be every 3 - 4 weeks we are prompted to reenter our email address. WHY ???

This is getting frustrating as there is no way to tell when you drop our email address and the impact it has on any correspondence you are trying to send us. Why is Delta the only company that can't keep our email address in your system yet every other company can?
        Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
        I have sent two emails to Delta indicating that I haven't received any email offers from them in almost one year. I did not get a response to either one. I have tried emailing before and have gotten no response. When I call the web phone #, I am told to write an email. This is very frustrating because I have tried for several months to get this resolved. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.