Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Award Travel Using Delta Air Lines SkyMiles: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon Award Travel Using Delta Air Lines SkyMiles: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:42 am

Keep in mind that DL F seat pitch to HI is pretty cramped - roughly the same seat pitch as domestic F. Both AA and CO have roomier F products to this destination.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 8:26 am

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. I was able to get first class to maui on may 22, and return from hnl on june 3.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 8:50 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 8:02 am
Old Feb 7, 2005, 9:07 am

If you do fly DL, try to get the bulkhead seats in one of the 2-2-2 seating areas on the 764. While they are by no means great seats they are the best in first on that equipment. No one leaning back into you (it will crunch your knees, even in F) and a little more leg room. Have a great trip and congratulations. My wife and I were married on Maui 12 years ago and loved it. (Maui and the marriage!)
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:00 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 8:02 am
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:00 pm
SMF

Programs: DL MM/PM, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Concur that 7E/F are the best seats on 767-400. They will not be available on the direct ATL-HNL flights as they are used for crew rest (they are not available on the direct CVG-HNL flights either). They are available on the flights that stop in LAX. You might also be able to connect with a Business Elite equipped flight from LAX to ATL.

SMF
Old Feb 11, 2005, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Went to Maui for my honeymoon over 13 years ago. Loved it. Great choice! ^
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:15 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Anywhere for Honeymoon w/in 2hrs from ATL?

flying MAN-EWR-ATL & back for honeymoon, but we've got 11 days in ATL which I've spent ages now trying to figure out what to do with & where to go- what's the best place you reckon within say a 2.5hr flight from ATL to spend a week or more on a beach or retreat, presumably on DL?
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by tristan727
flying MAN-EWR-ATL & back for honeymoon, but we've got 11 days in ATL which I've spent ages now trying to figure out what to do with & where to go- what's the best place you reckon within say a 2.5hr flight from ATL to spend a week or more on a beach or retreat, presumably on DL?
2.5 hours.. that's quite a window...

Savannah, Hilton Head, Daytona Beach, Miami, West Palm Beach to name a few.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:21 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
How about Turks & Caicos? Takes 2 hr 45 min from ATL to Providenciales (PLS). On DL too.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Cancun! OK, it is 2.58 hours...

-=tg=-
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta MM
There really are a lot of great options. In my mind, the real factors that influence your choice are your budget and whether you are looking for something lively or something quiet. There are plenty of great all-inclusive resorts in the carribean where you can "get away". The Atlantis resort in the Bahamas is breathtaking with a lot of upscale convenience and would have to be on any list with a considerable budget. Miami south beach is a serious contender if night life is important. Cancun was mentioned, it is both younger and less expensive. Another option might even be a 7 day cruise out of one of the many area ports. There are just so many options that it is hard to steer you in any one direction without a little more indication of what you're looking for. But Florida and the entire Carribean are geared towards tourism so I suspect you'll find that it will not be difficult to come up with the perfect trip for any budget and interests. And congrats on your upcoming marriage!
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
A nice retreat, while not a beach, is Asheville, NC. Its beautiful there, especially if you like mountains.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If you are flying 2.5 hours and can handle maybe 3 hrs, the window is wide open. Jamaica at 2.7 hrs for starters.

Or you can drive to lots of places in Florida for a few more hours.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
How about Bermuda?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.