Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
I hit 1MM back in February, but have not ordered the gift. I have asked my wife to choose one of the Tiffany choices, but she told me that she has "enough" jewelry.

I checked again yesterday, and the gifts continue to be available. I will probably go with one of the Tumi items.
I am still holding out for better Tumi options... Not really a fan of the hard case....
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Really, the 777 BE cabin is also awfully nice. IMO the tradeoff is that the 747 seats are angled toward the window, but are harder to get out of when in the flat bed position--you need to get your legs around the angled wall and this seems harder than a similar move from the 777 fully flat seats.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
I hit 1MM back in February, but have not ordered the gift. I have asked my wife to choose one of the Tiffany choices, but she told me that she has "enough" jewelry.

I checked again yesterday, and the gifts continue to be available. I will probably go with one of the Tumi items.
I'm holding off too. Any idea if our MM selection expires?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I'm holding off too. Any idea if our MM selection expires?
Me too. When do I need to worry?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was wondering the same... what to pick and if it expires at some point while I'm waiting for new things to be added.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
I hit MM 2+ years ago and still can select my gift
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by Deadtail
While I agree the 747 seat is very good, the 747 is seasonal LAX-NRT, it goes to the 777 for much of the year. Also I travel to SYD 6-8 times per year, which is 777 year round.
....as luck would have it, my seat 80K this morning on NRT-LAX had limited recline due to a issue with the seat. The seat back moved back a few inches but that was it. Of course BE was full and no other seats were available.

Also, no email or correspondence from Delta regarding my hitting a million miles. My profile does show 1M though. Without flyertalk I would have never been able to navigate to the 1mm gift page as this milestone has gone unnoticed by Delta.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Deadtail
....as luck would have it, my seat 80K this morning on NRT-LAX had limited recline due to a issue with the seat. The seat back moved back a few inches but that was it. Of course BE was full and no other seats were available.
How unfortunate! Was BE completely sold out? If not, I am surprised the FA did not offer to swap you with an upgraded nonrev.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Vuelos
I hit MM 2+ years ago and still can select my gift
Seems like our choice never expires?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Skymiles, LifeMiles, AA Advantage
Brand new million miller

As of this morning after flying the 6:47 am departure from Lax to JFK I became a brand new member of the 1 million mile club. Any thoughts on how I should celebrate? Any of you guys flying from JFK to LAX on 417 tomorrow 9/11? If so drinks on me at the JFK sky club.

Natalie
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Natalie,

Congrat's on making MM!

Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Congratulations! I'm working on it, only 925,147 miles to go until I hit the MM club! lol
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats. I just hit 1 MM this past weekend (flew FNT-MSP-DTW-LAX-DTW-MSP-FNT). It took a couple days for my account to show the 1M logo and get the welcome email for DL. Now trying to decide which suitcase to get. Seems everyone recommends the TUMI's.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by LBJ
Congrats. I just hit 1 MM this past weekend (flew FNT-MSP-DTW-LAX-DTW-MSP-FNT). It took a couple days for my account to show the 1M logo and get the welcome email for DL. Now trying to decide which suitcase to get. Seems everyone recommends the TUMI's.
I have been disappointed with the Hartmann case I received for 2MM.

It's showing considerable wear, sooner than I expected it should.

And... congrats.^
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I have been disappointed with the Hartmann case I received for 2MM.

It's showing considerable wear, sooner than I expected it should.
I'm sure some skymiles shopping place merchant will be happy to sell you a replacement at full price.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.