Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Hmmm... triple the price for the room or reception?

That is a PITA, I am shocked that the PHV is willing to forgo so much revenue on one hand.

But OTOH I don't know what the other guest is bringing to the table.

As a Hyatt Diamond, I wish Hyatt would treat me this well.

Don't worry, AF hasn't gone on strike... yet! Would be fun if you did a DYKWIA with your AF Club 2000
It was triple the price for the room (suite for a suite). But I have seen someone getting walked at the George V because a Saudi prince and princess showed up and demanded a suite, so I think even if a Diamond can't bump, then I guess royalty can (It's part of the reason why I don't fly on SV any more).

No, but there is mass confusion at LAX with my ticket, AF can't check me in because C is full on AF69 and my seat was mysteriously released last night and they claim that it is DL's fault, and DL is claiming that AF has the ticket. Naturally when I suggested a re-route on TN if I miss the LAX-CDG, that was met with , followed by the customary AF, "INP". And DL's backup requires a redeye to ATL, then another redeye to CDG, which would be 2 days later.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by fgirard
It was triple the price for the room (suite for a suite). But I have seen someone getting walked at the George V because a Saudi prince and princess showed up and demanded a suite, so I think even if a Diamond can't bump, then I guess royalty can (It's part of the reason why I don't fly on SV any more).

No, but there is mass confusion at LAX with my ticket, AF can't check me in because C is full on AF69 and my seat was mysteriously released last night and they claim that it is DL's fault, and DL is claiming that AF has the ticket. Naturally when I suggested a re-route on TN if I miss the LAX-CDG, that was met with , followed by the customary AF, "INP". And DL's backup requires a redeye to ATL, then another redeye to CDG, which would be 2 days later.
I was of the impression that if a guest is walked, the hotel that walked the guest (in this case PHV) would be responsible for paying the room at the new hotel (George V) at the same rate reserved at the original hotel. Or am I mistaken?

I've not had the chance to experience a bump yet.

Please educate me, what is INP?

I don't like DL's idea of a back up for you, is this an award ticket?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:06 pm

I was of the impression that if a guest is walked, the hotel that walked the guest (in this case PHV) would be responsible for paying the room at the new hotel (George V) at the same rate reserved at the original hotel. Or am I mistaken?

I've not had the chance to experience a bump yet.

Please educate me, what is INP?

I don't like DL's idea of a back up for you, is this an award ticket?
I thought that was the case at many properties in the US, but in Europe, it could be a whole different animal.

INP is the (in)famous phrase muttered by man AF and KL agents over the years in many different circumstances: Is Not Possible.
  • Can I change my seat from a middle to an aisle (many rows are empty) = Is Not Possible
  • Can I check in here (instead of using the SP desks because those have no one at them)? = Is Not Possible
  • Can I request an upgrade? = Is Not Possible
  • Can I get re-routed on BA (or any other carrier)? = Is Not Possible

Think of it as a magic 8 ball, that only has 1 answer.

Nope, this is not an award ticket, but rather a refundable/flexible C ticket (booked into "D" I think)
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:12 pm

I thought that was the case at many properties in the US, but in Europe, it could be a whole different animal.

INP is the (in)famous phrase muttered by man AF and KL agents over the years in many different circumstances: Is Not Possible.
  • Can I change my seat from a middle to an aisle (many rows are empty) = Is Not Possible
  • Can I check in here (instead of using the SP desks because those have no one at them)? = Is Not Possible
  • Can I request an upgrade? = Is Not Possible
  • Can I get re-routed on BA (or any other carrier)? = Is Not Possible

Think of it as a magic 8 ball, that only has 1 answer.

Nope, this is not an award ticket, but rather a refundable/flexible C ticket (booked into "D" I think)
Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

No harm checking on the ruling of walking so that mummy doesn't need to incur the additional cost. I would just drop a message to Gold Passport Concierge or post it on the Hyatt Forum.

As for DL and AF, I just hope you have travel insurance, sounds like it will be a long day for you. That said, what are the chances of you flying KL out of LAX out and connecting?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:25 pm

Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

No harm checking on the ruling of walking so that mummy doesn't need to incur the additional cost. I would just drop a message to Gold Passport Concierge or post it on the Hyatt Forum.

As for DL and AF, I just hope you have travel insurance, sounds like it will be a long day for you. That said, what are the chances of you flying KL out of LAX out and connecting?
So far DL doesn't recognize that there is a KL flight that leaves around 48 minutes from now, so I'm going to say that chances are slim that I'm going to get on that one. But I'm hoping intelligence and sanity prevail so I can board. I am curious though as to why and how they released my seat--that is normally an AA or UA tactic. I am surprised that DL doesn't have a daytime JFK-CDG.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:41 pm

So far DL doesn't recognize that there is a KL flight that leaves around 48 minutes from now, so I'm going to say that chances are slim that I'm going to get on that one. But I'm hoping intelligence and sanity prevail so I can board. I am curious though as to why and how they released my seat--that is normally an AA or UA tactic. I am surprised that DL doesn't have a daytime JFK-CDG.
It could be because check in has closed already (T-60 iirc).
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The trips from Seward are great.

You should do MANY trips to Alaska. There's so much to see and do and it's a year round destination.
I certainly will, if I can. It requires a three-day weekend (at least while I can only go on a certain blue airline) but I may try to take a day off here and there this summer.

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
For the aviation buffs - fly on the AS 737-400 Combi.
Barrow is on my bucket list. I am saving it for when I can fly on AS.

While at ANC I saw a 737-200 with the gravel kit -- that was really neat!

-J.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:57 pm

It could be because check in has closed already (T-60 iirc).
I think that the core issue is that the segments are all out of sequence, so perhaps the computer couldn't re-organize the ticket correctly and then gave up. So, there is something like 10 minutes or so left before the AF69 check-in closes, so hopefully they can re-order the segments in the correct order.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:17 pm

I think that the core issue is that the segments are all out of sequence, so perhaps the computer couldn't re-organize the ticket correctly and then gave up. So, there is something like 10 minutes or so left before the AF69 check-in closes, so hopefully they can re-order the segments in the correct order.
I suspect even if that is so, it would be unlikely for you to board because you would be a standby.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:26 pm

I suspect even if that is so, it would be unlikely for you to board because you would be a standby.
And it looks like you are correct, they were trying to keep check-in open as long as possible, but the gate kept on calling the counter to get them to restrict the flight so it can be closed on time. And now we move to Plans B, C and D.

I'm guessing that because TN is not in SkyTeam, they will not route on to them?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:34 pm

And it looks like you are correct, they were trying to keep check-in open as long as possible, but the gate kept on calling the counter to get them to restrict the flight so it can be closed on time. And now we move to Plans B, C and D.

I'm guessing that because TN is not in SkyTeam, they will not route on to them?
The problem is that AF / DL are passing the blame like a hot potato.

So DL doesn't mind putting you up on their own metal as a way to resolve the issue. Which I can understand, why pay another airline to fly you that route when we can fly you on our own metal (less cost). At least DL has assumed some accountability in the matter, but I would go one step further and ask for $ (vouchers) if you end up taking this because of the time difference.

Given that you have status with AF it would be better to press AF into solving your issue IMO. The fact that AF hasn't provided you with an alternative is quite alarming, especially since you have status. If the status isn't a high tier it can be an issue overall, nevertheless AF should still provide you with a plan B.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 16, 2015 at 6:45 pm
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:45 pm

The problem is that AF / DL are passing the blame like a hot potato.

So DL doesn't mind putting you up on their own metal as a way to resolve the issue. Which I can understand, why pay another airline to fly you that route when we can fly you on our own metal (less cost). At DL has assumed some accountability in the matter, but I would go one step further and ask for $ (vouchers) if you end up taking this because of the time difference.

Given that you have status with AF it would be better to press AF into solving your issue IMO. The fact that AF hasn't provided you with an alternative is quite alarming, especially since you have status. If the status isn't a high tier it can be an issue overall, but their lack of accountability is alarming to me.
I'm not quite sure how my status falls into the whole SkyTeam Elite/Elite+ hierarchy, but the staff here at LAX isn't true AF staff, but merely contractors so that could play with it as well. The only alternative that the AF agent offered me was LAX-JFK-CDG, and when I brought up the possibility of AM for LAX-MEX-CDG (since the MEX-CDG leaves really late at night), I was told that it would be cabotage for such a routing. And doing a quick query, it seems that the DL redeye tonight to ATL is on a non-lie flat aircraft which would not necessarily be pleasant.

And, while I was typing this, I completely forgot about NZ1/2, which do LAX-LHR.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:49 pm

I'm not quite sure how my status falls into the whole SkyTeam Elite/Elite+ hierarchy, but the staff here at LAX isn't true AF staff, but merely contractors so that could play with it as well. The only alternative that the AF agent offered me was LAX-JFK-CDG, and when I brought up the possibility of AM for LAX-MEX-CDG (since the MEX-CDG leaves really late at night), I was told that it would be cabotage for such a routing. And doing a quick query, it seems that the DL redeye tonight to ATL is on a non-lie flat aircraft which would not necessarily be pleasant.

And, while I was typing this, I completely forgot about NZ1/2, which do LAX-LHR.
What's wrong with that routing?

I have a suspicion that they aren't going to let you fly another carrier, that is why I asked about KL earlier.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:59 pm

What's wrong with that routing?

I have a suspicion that they aren't going to let you fly another carrier, that is why I asked about KL earlier.
Because that would involve 2 redeyes, which would get in 2 days later. KL left at 5pm so my options were TN, LH or UA or something else entirely. Now negotiations have begun with trying to get a better itinerary.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:03 pm

Because that would involve 2 redeyes, which would get in 2 days later. KL left at 5pm so my options were TN, LH or UA or something else entirely. Now negotiations have begun with trying to get a better itinerary.
All the best.

if club 2000 holds any weight, press AF hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.