Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
All the best.

if club 2000 holds any weight, press AF hard.
I'll let you all know, I'm going to head over to T5 and deal with the DL staff there
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by fgirard
I'll let you all know, I'm going to head over to T5 and deal with the DL staff there
Be sure to collect IDB compensation.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Fun trip yesterday. MSY-LGA - left the gate on time an then while we were taxiing out, got hit with an ATC delay for LGA WX. Sat in a holding area for another 45 min or so. GREAT communication by the Captain about what was going on. Then got caught by a ground stop. Since it was starting to get uncomfortable in the heat, the Captain returned to the gate, let everyone debark and refueled. When we finally got going with a 1:45 minute delay he made up a bunch of time so we were only about an hour late arriving. Thanked the Captain while debarking and wrote a nice note to CS.

Great entertainment before the flight. I witnessed an egregious performance by a NRSA DYKWIA in which she violated just about every rule and guideline that DL has regareding NRSA conduct, and even violated security. Wanted to video the performance but figured it might created a bigger hassle so I just documented it. That letter is going to HR, not CS.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I just found out that this is Real Beer Week in ROC.

Will research what it entails other than real beer.

Luckily it wasn't Fake Beer Week. That seems to be the norm.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Great entertainment before the flight. I witnessed an egregious performance by a NRSA DYKWIA in which she violated just about every rule and guideline that DL has regareding NRSA conduct, and even violated security. Wanted to video the performance but figured it might created a bigger hassle so I just documented it. That letter is going to HR, not CS.
Details? Or are they posted on the appropriate thread?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Yum, yum, the drinks are flowing at this random bar here in the 8eme

However, dealing with DL at LAX made me remember when I couldn't stand DL's IRROPs handling for partner elites--everything had to be pushed for, and the VIP entrance was not available as well as SkyPriority. And, it took 2 Red Coats, and a station supervisor working with the help desk to fix the ticket, and then I had to get the station manager involved to just have the LAX-CDG pushed to LX so I could fly LAX-ZRH-CDG. And then I had to push some more as they were going to give me a Y seat, even though the fare class was D.

It's as if all the airlines nowadays such at handling IRROPs because my last adventure with UA involved waiting for a gate at EWR and mis-connecting.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by sethb
Details? Or are they posted on the appropriate thread?
There really isn't an appropriate thread (it doesn't involve upgrades). 99% of people wouldn't realize that it was happening even if the details were posted. I believe that it's been reported by the proper people.

I think that it's important for people to know that the vast majority of DL employees don't try to abuse the system and don't look kindly on the small minority that do.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
There really isn't an appropriate thread (it doesn't involve upgrades). 99% of people wouldn't realize that it was happening even if the details were posted. I believe that it's been reported by the proper people.

I think that it's important for people to know that the vast majority of DL employees don't try to abuse the system and don't look kindly on the small minority that do.
But you know that folks here want all the details!!!

None of this "nothing to see here, move along."
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Fun trip yesterday. MSY-LGA - left the gate on time an then while we were taxiing out, got hit with an ATC delay for LGA WX. Sat in a holding area for another 45 min or so. GREAT communication by the Captain about what was going on. Then got caught by a ground stop. Since it was starting to get uncomfortable in the heat, the Captain returned to the gate, let everyone debark and refueled. When we finally got going with a 1:45 minute delay he made up a bunch of time so we were only about an hour late arriving. Thanked the Captain while debarking and wrote a nice note to CS.

I had an adventure on Monday with LGA WX too. DTW-LGA was an on-time departure, which turned into a ground hold for a couple of hours for LGA WX. We eventually left, and got to circle LGA long enough to need to divert to MDT for refueling. We sat on the ground there for a good 2.5 hours before they decided to pull in to a gate a deplane. We eventually got off the ground and made it to LGA about 7 hours late. I didn't miss my connecting flight to MHT, but only because it was canceled. Of course all of the LGA hotels were full, so DL put me in a hotel in Lynbrook. I left my house at 5:00 am and got to the hotel at 1:30 am. What a fantastic day!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a DYKWIA thread.

We know the vast majority of DL employees don't abuse the system (except for the occasional shena).
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
would LGA-BOS have been an option?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackplum
I just found out that this is Real Beer Week in ROC.

Will research what it entails other than real beer.

Luckily it wasn't Fake Beer Week. That seems to be the norm.
If I'd had more notice...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by fgirard
Yum, yum, the drinks are flowing at this random bar here in the 8eme

However, dealing with DL at LAX made me remember when I couldn't stand DL's IRROPs handling for partner elites--everything had to be pushed for, and the VIP entrance was not available as well as SkyPriority. And, it took 2 Red Coats, and a station supervisor working with the help desk to fix the ticket, and then I had to get the station manager involved to just have the LAX-CDG pushed to LX so I could fly LAX-ZRH-CDG. And then I had to push some more as they were going to give me a Y seat, even though the fare class was D.

It's as if all the airlines nowadays such at handling IRROPs because my last adventure with UA involved waiting for a gate at EWR and mis-connecting.
One would think you would not need 3-4 guys/gals to change a light bulb properly.

It is quite well known that DL's system doesn't communicate with AF/KL's system. Which makes me wonder even more why DL handles AF/KL's NA ticket sale.

Either way I am glad you got to Paris sooner than later.

I am quite thankful that in my 2-3MM BIS, I haven't had much IRROPs. And IRROPs have only happened to me only after I've joined FT. Even then, IRROPs have been more of a blessing than a curse for me.

I think this was my first IRROPs:

DL: Sir, I'm sorry, due to an equipment change, we don't have enough business class seats for you on the DL flight. Can we put you in SQ business class instead?

Me: Sure, thank you. (Jumping for joy that I got upgraded to SQ, and ignorant to the fact it was an IRROP and what that meant)

DL: As a token, we will also issue you a US$500 voucher for the change. Is that ok?

Me: That is lovely. Thank you. (wondering why I scored even more.)

DL: I'll e-mail you the new itinerary. Thank you for your cooperation and choosing DL as a PM/DM, have a good evening.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 17, 2015 at 9:48 pm
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
And IRROPs have only happened to me only after I've joined FT.
Interesting. Any connection in the timing?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
Interesting. Any connection in the timing?
Dumb luck and my carriers of choice prior to FT are all Asian-based carriers.

my first delayed bag was after 2-3mm bis. I haven't lost a bag yet.

The delayed bag wasn't a big deal to me either because I was on holiday. I got back about $2,000 from UA and insurance (Or 2/3 of my ticket) and a chunk of miles.

I recall telling my friend I never had a bag delay after flying 2-3mm 2 years ago (first and second time was last year). His jaw dropped in shock and he was insanely jealous.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 17, 2015 at 11:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.