Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Dovster
Your last two words show that you still haven't mastered the psychology of the true Keystone Staters.

GO IGGLES!
D'only Iggles I care abaht's Jine Iggle.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackal
D'only Iggles I care abaht's Jine Iggle.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by bennos
As a New Yorker I happen to like our gun laws.
I like our gun laws as well.

I like my .40 S&W Compact.

I like my carry permit.

I like my old boxes of Black Talons.

I like some other toys I have access to now and then as a benefit of retirement and being called out on occasion for duty.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Just thought I would say after my New England trip this weekend I have visited 42 states this year. 2weeks time it is Oregon.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by jackplum

I like my carry permit.

I like some other toys I have access to now and then as a benefit of retirement and being called out on occasion for duty.
In PA, it is easy to obtain a concealed carry permit, I don't need a permit to buy a gun, I can have a 30 round magazine without a problem, etc.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Well I am finally home from my crazy adventure in Seattle and Alaska. Alaska is such a beautiful place. I drove down to Seward and took a 3-hour day cruise wildlife tour through Resurrection Bay, and got to see all different kinds of birds, otters, sea lions, and even two whales!

-J.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

I like my carry permit.

Originally Posted by kipper
In PA, it is easy to obtain a concealed carry permit, I don't need a permit to buy a gun, I can have a 30 round magazine without a problem, etc.
+1

LA even nicer, no problem with NFA equipment.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
+1

LA even nicer, no problem with NFA equipment.
Oh, to have NFA equipment...
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Well I am finally home from my crazy adventure in Seattle and Alaska. Alaska is such a beautiful place. I drove down to Seward and took a 3-hour day cruise wildlife tour through Resurrection Bay, and got to see all different kinds of birds, otters, sea lions, and even two whales!

-J.
We did that on the Alaska Do once. See, you should have been there!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

-J.
The trips from Seward are great.

You should do MANY trips to Alaska. There's so much to see and do and it's a year round destination.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

-J.
I took my daughter on our first mileage redemption trip there in 1997. No whales but we did have a great time on the cruise as well as when we climbed the trail to the Harding Ice field above Exit Glacier.

That was memorable for the bear and her cubs sitting on the trail enjoying berries. Hiking back up was the prudent option until we saw then on the glacier.

We also went to the Alaska State Fair. Not much bigger than a county fair, I saw my first Dr Pepper vending machine! (A highlight for me.)

We also were passing a small booth with an older gentleman who I noticed was on the cover of the magazines he held. He was Norman Vaughan, the last surviving member of the first Byrd Antarctic Expedition in 1928. We spent the afternoon chatting with him. Fascinating!

Alaska is pretty cool
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We also were passing a small booth with an older gentleman who I noticed was on the cover of the magazines he held. He was Norman Vaughan, the last surviving member of the first Byrd Antarctic Expedition in 1928. We spent the afternoon chatting with him. Fascinating!
He came and talked to my 9th grade geography class. Wow, I'd forgotten about that.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Alaska is pretty cool
It certainly aint warm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I suspect that is all relative

(waiting for Seat 2A to chime in here ...)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
I suspect that is all relative

(waiting for Seat 2A to chime in here ...)
I'd say he's probably not going to respond anytime soon as he's probably in Antarctica or Outer Mongolia or something, but actually, given the time of year, he's probably camped out nicely in another Alaskan spot you should all visit--Denali.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.