Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Post challenge calendar year

Hi all, I’m just rounding out a platinum status challenge and I’ve met the threshold to maintain platinum through the end of January, 2020. I’m trying to understand exactly what happens beginning February 1, 2020. I understand MQMs on top of the 18,750 I needed for the challenge go towards my calendar year 2020. Can someone confirm that this scenario is accurate?

1) By the end of 2019, I’ve earned 60K MQMs.
2) 18,750 MQMs went towards the status challenge.
3) The remaining 41,250 MQMs go towards my 2020 status.
4) 25K of that gets me silver for 2020.
5) The remaining 16,250 roll over to 2020 and will be a headstart to my qualifying for 2021.

Is that right?
Old May 24, 2019, 1:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
1) By the end of 2019, I’ve earned 60K MQMs.
2) 18,750 MQMs went towards the status challenge.
3) The remaining 41,250 MQMs go towards my 2020 status.
4) 25K of that gets me silver for 2020.
5) The remaining 16,250 roll over to 2020 and will be a headstart to my qualifying for 2021.

Is that right?
3. MQMs are not consumed by the challenge, so they don't go anywhere. The challenge is just something that happens in parallel. All 60k count towards earning 2020 status.

4-5. Thus, assuming you hit the $6k MQD requirement or have a waiver, you'll be GM for 2020 and roll over 10k in the scenario you posed.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Assume, much better scenario. Thanks! And I’m located in Europe, so no MQDs for me 😁
Old May 24, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Assume, much better scenario. Thanks! And I’m located in Europe, so no MQDs for me 😁
OK, I mentioned them to be on the safe side since your FT profile says BOS
Old May 25, 2019, 10:12 pm

How long it takes to reflect in my account?

As a UA 1k, I applied DL SC and got an approved email yesterday...but nothing reflected in my DL account yet..

how long it takes to see in my account normally? I do have an upcoming flight in next week so I wish to get some DL Plat benefit
Old May 30, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Anyone have luck getting accepted into the challenge with Hainan's fortune wings silver? I am US based
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:41 pm

Hi all, I'm going to submit a DL Platinum challenge. My question is: my first flight is on July 3rd. Obviously, I want to have my challenge start on the 1st of July and not before in order to get status through Jan 2021 instead of 2020. Is there a way to request now and ask them to make it start on 7/1? If not, what would you recommend the best strategy would be?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by cooltyler
Hi all, I'm going to submit a DL Platinum challenge. My question is: my first flight is on July 3rd. Obviously, I want to have my challenge start on the 1st of July and not before in order to get status through Jan 2021 instead of 2020. Is there a way to request now and ask them to make it start on 7/1? If not, what would you recommend the best strategy would be?
I'm moving to Minneapolis in a few weeks and will be doing the exact same thing, except my first flight would be July 8. My understanding is you would have to submit the request July 1 or later.

Also, I've tried searching the thread and haven't seen an explicit answer, but there is absolutely no way to match from 1K to Diamond, correct?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:44 pm

Hi all. I submitted my documents from Alaska (MVP gold) earlier this week but I haven’t heard back (understandable). I’m flying Saturday and next week on Delta One internationally. If they don’t complete the review of my credentials ahead of the flights, would they honor these 2 impending flights to meet the reqts that have to be met within the 90 day qualification period? I don’t have any other delta travel within the next 90 days, so I’m worried I’m going to miss the challenge reqts because I flew before they completed my review. This was a last minute business trip, so I submitted my credentials for review as soon as I found out about the trip.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by rdh0924
I'm moving to Minneapolis in a few weeks and will be doing the exact same thing, except my first flight would be July 8. My understanding is you would have to submit the request July 1 or later.

Also, I've tried searching the thread and haven't seen an explicit answer, but there is absolutely no way to match from 1K to Diamond, correct?
I'm in a similar boat and wondering the same things

First flight would be July 7. It seems pretty clear there is no match to DM, but I guess it never hurts to ask...
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by findark

First flight would be July 7. It seems pretty clear there is no match to DM, but I guess it never hurts to ask...
Indeed, that is what this poster claims to have done:

Originally Posted by JBauer
I was matched to Delta Diamond this week with no challenge. I'm an AA EXP based in LA. Already have 110EqM on AA this year. I applied online. Given standard 90 day match to Platinum. Then I followed up with Twitter. Asked politely to match to Diamond. They said "no way."

The next day I got an email confirming Diamond match with no challenge. Good till end of year.
at the bottom of this thread: Status match to Diamond Medallion possible?

but my impression is that while there is no public match/challenge for DM, I also vaguely recall seeing that in the context of a corporate relationship with DL it might be possible (as also alluded to in that thread)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:37 am

For those who requested a status match, was the effective date of the match the date you requested it or the date they approved it?

Still trying to figure out the best strategy for requesting the match that allows me to cover a flight on July 3rd while getting an approval from the 1st of July onward (so that the status will last through all of 2020).

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by findark

Any update on this? Can we submit now for a 7/1 start?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by ngalliance
Any update on this? Can we submit now for a 7/1 start?
Wondering the same thing. No way a status match challenge request gets processed before 7/1, right?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: AA EP
Can't wait to jump ship from AA EXP and also wondering same thing about 7/1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.