Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tiny deal.... downgrade of delta drinks selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tiny deal.... downgrade of delta drinks selection?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Had I been on that flight, DL would have only catered 2 bottles of WP, and the two folks on the row ahead of me would have each ordered rye and Coke.
That was my flight last week, sitting in 2A and asked for a sparking wine after 1C and D ordered it, all gone! I have found beverage catering to be a little erratic lately, not sure if it's my luck or something more systematic.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by greenlander
That was my flight last week, sitting in 2A and asked for a sparking wine after 1C and D ordered it, all gone! I have found beverage catering to be a little erratic lately, not sure if it's my luck or something more systematic.
It is increasingly common; especially on the return leg from an outstation back to a hub.

The carts are depleted on the outbound flight and the PAX are offered apologies on the return flights.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by DLHubber
They still offer Woodford. Probably a catering issue.
I wish they would return Canadian Club on domestic as was the case before covid. Canadian Club is still offered on International flights!!
matchbox20_is likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
On a flight from SLC last week, the IFE had a QR code that linked to onboard food and beverage offerings which seems to be updated more often than than the regular DL webpage.

https://flightfuel.mydeltamenu.com/?tt=1

Looks like it is also missing the Tip Top offerings but does have the Bloody Mary listed
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Random-ish sidebar, but saw the other day that New Belgium re-did the recipe and branding for Fat Tire. Not that I was ever really a fan of it to begin with, but here we are.
Or time for a re-tire.

David
strickerj and dcadwell like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcadwell
Random-ish sidebar, but saw the other day that New Belgium re-did the recipe and branding for Fat Tire. Not that I was ever really a fan of it to begin with, but here we are.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/lif...s/69808151007/
"No longer an Amber Ale, Fat Tire is now lighter and more golden in color, a move that New Belgium presumably hopes will help reverse steep sales declines."

Going after the highly discriminating Coors Lite crowd, no doubt. Also, more dilute and cheaper to make?

Well this worked with New Coke. (Checks notes) Eh, upon further consideration...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted double post
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Never understood the love people had for Fat Tire, it's decent at best.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Jack is not bourbon, and I will die on this hill.
Just because I like to be that guy...

https://www.thewhiskeyshelf.com/is-j...niels-bourbon/
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Daremo999
Just because I like to be that guy...

https://www.thewhiskeyshelf.com/is-j...niels-bourbon/
The place where bourbon is made is marked in red
FLYPWM likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My own opinions:
I miss Fresca. Hate the extra calories of Woodford with Sprite.

Jack is not bad, but used to guzzle it in high school and still makes me feel accordingly.

Love Negronis and wondering how the new canned offering will be.
ohhleary likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Curious about the “espresso martini” that’s supposed to be a new offering? Am betting it won’t be available on the many 717 and ERJ I am forced to fly out of my market. If there’s a mouth puckering cheap Chardonnay I’m grateful.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
The place where bourbon is made is marked in red
I deleted out the graphic of Kentucky highlighted in red so its not such a huge message

This actually incorrect. Bourbon must have a mash bill of 51% corn or more. It also can only be made in the United States (Any state can produce bourbon). On the distilling side, the grains may not be distilled above 160 proof and when it is aged, it can be no higher than 125 proof and bottled at 80 proof or higher. Lastly, it must be aged in "charred new oak barrels".

Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey has all the same requirements as bourbon plus it must be aged for at least 1 year in the state of Kentucky.

This is all derived from US Code of Federal Regulations 27 CFR 5.22 https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...l1-sec5-22.pdf
Singleflyer, strickerj and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:36 am

I know the actual rule, but to me, Kentucky is Bourbon country
Daremo999 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:48 am

Similar experience on some recent flights. Flew ATL-LAS 12/29 and they had the Tip Top cans and plenty of them. Return LAS-ATL on 1/1 they didn't have them and FA was surprised. She thought it was just her cart but she checked with other cart and then came back and said they must not have been catered. They did have Woodford though.

On 1/9 flew ATL-LAS in 1st and asked for old fashioned, FA checked galley and again was surprised they didn't have. Said they must have not catered correctly. 1/11 return to ATL the FA told me that they had stopped carrying Tip Top. Still plenty of Woodford.

My brother's wife is actually a Delta FA and she isn't aware of them ending the contract or anything like that. But she did say they were having some supply issues with the cans on some of her flights and it was hit or miss.

Will have to stop by local liquor store to see if they still have them as Tip Top is local. They're handy to keep around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.