Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tiny deal.... downgrade of delta drinks selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tiny deal.... downgrade of delta drinks selection?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jeff191
Similar experience on some recent flights. Flew ATL-LAS 12/29 and they had the Tip Top cans and plenty of them. Return LAS-ATL on 1/1 they didn't have them and FA was surprised. She thought it was just her cart but she checked with other cart and then came back and said they must not have been catered. They did have Woodford though.

On 1/9 flew ATL-LAS in 1st and asked for old fashioned, FA checked galley and again was surprised they didn't have. Said they must have not catered correctly. 1/11 return to ATL the FA told me that they had stopped carrying Tip Top. Still plenty of Woodford.

My brother's wife is actually a Delta FA and she isn't aware of them ending the contract or anything like that. But she did say they were having some supply issues with the cans on some of her flights and it was hit or miss.

Will have to stop by local liquor store to see if they still have them as Tip Top is local. They're handy to keep around.
I appreciated the canned Old Fashioned when they were available onboard. But, for home consumption, I can make a better Old Fashioned (or, Manhattan for that matter). I do, however, keep canned Strawberry Margaritas on hand for my wife's friends, since I am not going to make a Strawberry Margarita.
BamaGirl, wakesetter93 and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I appreciated the canned Old Fashioned when they were available onboard. But, for home consumption, I can make a better Old Fashioned (or, Manhattan for that matter). I do, however, keep canned Strawberry Margaritas on hand for my wife's friends, since I am not going to make a Strawberry Margarita.
We got one of those Margaritaville margarita machines for a wedding present and I can make any sort of fruity drink in seconds. It's great
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
The place where bourbon is made is marked in red
this may be what you wish were true but it's not what is actually true
ND76, hhdl and xjoedx like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, I guess you can get what you want...

Expresso Martini:

Old Fashioned:

David
Old Apr 7, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
I won't be satisfied until the Big D starts serving the following as their white and red vino selections in Delta One:

and this fine cuvee in the SkyClub:

Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by DLHubber
The margarita was so, so bad. Glad they dumped it.
lets just expand this to cocktails in cans are so bad they need to go away
Bowgie and pt360 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ostatekitty
Curious about the espresso martini thats supposed to be a new offering? Am betting it wont be available on the many 717 and ERJ I am forced to fly out of my market. If theres a mouth puckering cheap Chardonnay Im grateful.

Had one of the espresso martinis today DTWCUN. It was pretty rough. Flight attendant said its rare for people to drink it without Bailey's. She brought one proactively and after my first sip, she added it.
pt360 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:25 pm

Apparently Im the only one who find the espresso martinis sweet enough as is. Im not sure Id ever order more than one though. I liked the canned Negronis especially with some soda water or canned prosecco
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Had one of the espresso martinis today DTWCUN. It was pretty rough. Flight attendant said its rare for people to drink it without Bailey's. She brought one proactively and after my first sip, she added it.
Did that make it better?

David
Old Apr 7, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DELee
Did that make it better?

David
Edited for Content
Synapseturquoise likes this.

Last edited by bubbashow; Aug 29, 2023 at 10:33 am
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bubbashow
yes. I will probably be making a different choice in the future. They have selected an undrinkable vodka in DuNord. Maybe Delta just wants to protect my liver?
Or limit its damage to their drink catering budget.

David
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 4:25 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Haven’t had a red wine that’s drinkable on Delta since pre-pandemic in first or D1. Awful, rock gut stuff. What an embarrassment. It’s forced me to drink something else, Woodford, but I would rather have a decent red wine. I also wonder if catering is storing their wine properly or at least close to properly
coast_2_coast and FenwayTim like this.

Last edited by buckeye91; Apr 10, 2023 at 4:46 am
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by buckeye91
Havent had a red wine thats drinkable on Delta in since pre-pandemic in first or D1. Awful, rock gut stuff. What an embarrassment. Its forced me to drink something else, Woodford, but I would rather have a decent red wine. I also wonder if catering is storing their wine properly or at least close to properly
agreed. What I would give to have an inoffensive Pinot Grigio be the white wine on offer instead of the Chardonnay too!
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76
I won't be satisfied until the Big D starts serving the following as their white and red vino selections in Delta One:

and this fine cuvee in the SkyClub:
(I deleted the large photos in the post).

Wait long enough and your wish may be fulfilled (I fear that recession cost cuts are coming and, as usual, customer beatings will continue until morale improves).
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buckeye91
Havent had a red wine thats drinkable on Delta in since pre-pandemic in first or D1. Awful, rock gut stuff. What an embarrassment. Its forced me to drink something else, Woodford, but I would rather have a decent red wine. I also wonder if catering is storing their wine properly or at least close to properly
I also would prefer you drinking a decent red wine... and leaving the Woodford for me.
buckeye91 and Minnyappleus like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.