Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket because knock on wood the only time I’ve waited was at FLL back in March. I’ve gotten into everything in ATL without issue but I haven’t been to JFK in a minute.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:39 am

In general is the line issue more so in late afternoon?

I heading to South America Wednesday and was planning on heading to the SC in F around 1pm.

Just wondering whether I should plan on lines.

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
In general is the line issue more so in late afternoon?

I heading to South America Wednesday and was planning on heading to the SC in F around 1pm.

Just wondering whether I should plan on lines.

Thanks.
Depends on if you are DM. Still not sure if protocol is to take everyone from the 360/DM line first or to alternate between the 2 lines. My experience has been alternating.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I had no trouble on my last trip. Of course, two departures were at 6:00 AM and I avoided ATL.

First rule of travel bliss... avoid ATL.
That's . . . really quite the opposite of a ringing endorsement of DL ops on a DL forum. If I switched to Delta, 80%+ of my flights would go through ATL to the west coast. As an AA loyalist, I actually try to go through DFW for all the amenities and connections there. I wouldn't like avoiding my airline's main hub to make things more smooth.
dw, on-a-stick, BA850 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
That's . . . really quite the opposite of a ringing endorsement of DL ops on a DL forum. If I switched to Delta, 80%+ of my flights would go through ATL to the west coast. As an AA loyalist, I actually try to go through DFW for all the amenities and connections there. I wouldn't like avoiding my airline's main hub to make things more smooth.
This is not necessarily about ops per say, but most of Delta's best service/amenities are located outside of ATL, and have been for many years.

1) Best clubs are at stations like SEA, LGA, LAX, JFK, even SFO, etc
2) A lot of good planes and connectivity out of DTW, JFK, SEA
3) Much higher change of upgrades avoiding ATL

I grew up in ATL and go there to visit family but I only connect there when truly necessary. I connect in ATL maybe once a year, by choice. Connected through ATL earlier this year in an IROPs situation, and will connect once more from the West Coast.
on-a-stick likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Adelphos
This is not necessarily about ops per say, but most of Delta's best service/amenities are located outside of ATL, and have been for many years.

1) Best clubs are at stations like SEA, LGA, LAX, JFK, even SFO, etc
2) A lot of good planes and connectivity out of DTW, JFK, SEA
3) Much higher change of upgrades avoiding ATL

I grew up in ATL and go there to visit family but I only connect there when truly necessary. I connect in ATL maybe once a year, by choice. Connected through ATL earlier this year in an IROPs situation, and will connect once more from the West Coast.
In a long-ago, now almost mythical age, CVG was a worthy alternative to ATL.
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
In a long-ago, now almost mythical age, CVG was a worthy alternative to ATL.
So was MEM.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
MSP Sept 7 and SAN Sept 8

Long line at the Sky Club in MSP for the large lounge at G at 8:30 am on the 7th......crazy......SAN on the 8th in the morning was great.....great service and space......
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcj1949
Long line at the Sky Club in MSP for the large lounge at G at 8:30 am on the 7th......crazy......SAN on the 8th in the morning was great.....great service and space......
New MSP 17K square feet G lounge is supposed to open sometime next year and should help situation at MSP. Current MSP F/G lounge is not really that large compared to some of the other larger lounges in system.
Spiff likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 12, 2022 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:11 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I feel like I see these posts every week now. (Seems
shorter than before though? Or maybe bc 2:45 pm is earlier than most transatlantic passengers arrive?)

Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Got to JFK on Thursday night at 8PM and no lines from 8-10:30PM, SFO also quiet at 8PM. It would be great if the App added a Skyclub status for the airports you are going too so you can just plan ahead. If see "Club at Capacity" at-least I can just plan to grab food elsewhere or get to the airport later since the lounge is packed.
pbjag and ShopAround like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cubeman
Got to JFK on Thursday night at 8PM and no lines from 8-10:30PM, SFO also quiet at 8PM. It would be great if the App added a Skyclub status for the airports you are going too so you can just plan ahead. If see "Club at Capacity" at-least I can just plan to grab food elsewhere or get to the airport later since the lounge is packed.
lol with all the glitches the app has, I wouldn't trust that status update but good idea though.
dmarge18 and cubeman like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by dw
I feel like I see these posts every week now. (Seems
shorter than before though? Or maybe bc 2:45 pm is earlier than most transatlantic passengers arrive?)

https://twitter.com/mattcaviation/st...IbRGC2Nqmo8eeA
Airlines are saying Fall travel is strong, particularly international, so given the banking of flights I'm not surprised JFK has a line at 3pm, that's peak 2hrs before domestic evening departures for business travelers and about the same for anyone going to Europe.

End of the day the demand for access from Reserve/Platinum/Elite/Membership holders is greater than the square footage can supply and people are going to have to make their peace with waiting in line at peak periods. No different from big city commuting - if you can travel outside of 7a-10a or 3p-7p you're going to have a far smoother time.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
lol with all the glitches the app has, I wouldn't trust that status update but good idea though.
You telling me you won't trust an App that tells me JFK isn't accepting digital boarding passes as they scan it?
dw, wrp96 and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Airlines are saying Fall travel is strong, particularly international, so given the banking of flights I'm not surprised JFK has a line at 3pm, that's peak 2hrs before domestic evening departures for business travelers and about the same for anyone going to Europe.

End of the day the demand for access from Reserve/Platinum/Elite/Membership holders is greater than the square footage can supply and people are going to have to make their peace with waiting in line at peak periods. No different from big city commuting - if you can travel outside of 7a-10a or 3p-7p you're going to have a far smoother time.
There's a number of Europe routes that are either dropped or seasonally reduced in November. Bookings may be "strong", but there is still a significant dropoff in demand and capacity to Europe as you get into later Fall through early to mid Spring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.