Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Sorry wakesetter93 . Can the company contribute funds as a relo package...or is telecommuting a possibility?

I had newly delivered Girlscout cookies for PII day. Does that count?
They have already provided us with a substantial relocation package. Most people relocating are coming from California where the equity they have built in their homes trumps the prices in Austin, making it hard to be a first time buyer, but we'll keep trying!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I was always more of a peanut butter patty fan than a Thin Mint buff. IMO, peanut butter + chocolate is one of the most perfect flavor combos out there.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Beware the Ides of March.
The Ides of March was lucky for Geno and for me, since he came into my life on the Ides of March 2009. If only he was still here...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I'm a Thin Mints/Samoas guy myself
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I was always more of a peanut butter patty fan than a Thin Mint buff..
pre-empting SuperG1955 here, I guess that means you never ate Thin Mints in the buff

IMO, peanut butter + chocolate is one of the most perfect flavor combos out there.
I was not exactly the stereotypical kid in that I absolutely could not stand either peanut butter or chocolate ... I've come around a bit wrt some instantiations of chocolate, but still haven't developed a liking for peanut butter (nor, in truth, for peanuts in general, with the exception of Southeast Asian satay sauces)
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I was always more of a peanut butter patty fan than a Thin Mint buff. IMO, peanut butter + chocolate is one of the most perfect flavor combos out there.
Mrs. ATOBTTR agrees which is why Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are her favorite candy. Me on the other hand - not a huge peanut butter or chocolate fan. Never been a huge chocolate candy person, with a few rare exceptions. I don't mind a Hershey Bar on occasion and I love Ghirardelli Chocolate sundaes. I also don't mind Peanut Butter in some things like a PB&J sandwich or a peanut butter crackers as a snack sometimes. I tend to prefer fruit-flavored candies over chocolate flavored candies (Skittles, Starburst, Jolly Ranchers, Gummy Bears, etc.)
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Saw these in Costco today. Picked them up for my family.

Girl Scout Thin Mints Pretzels
catmndu likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:36 pm

Oh, that's interesting. I've seen knockoff items before but nothing that was GS brandes outside of the cookies.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does Costco normally sell Girl Scout cookies? I was under the impression that Girl Scouts sold them exclusively.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does Costco normally sell Girl Scout cookies? I was under the impression that Girl Scouts sold them exclusively.
Well, they're Girl Scout pretzels, so not cookies exactly. I never saw them before now. Bought for my daughter and son-in-law because they love Thin Mints and didn't buy any this year.

DL: Maybe put some of these in the sad boxes?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Mrs. ATOBTTR agrees which is why Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are her favorite candy.
It’s a very good thing for me that I’m a 2+ hour drive to the nearest Trader Joe’s because their little dark chocolate peanut butter cups are like the elevated Reese’s PBC and TJ’s sells them in, like, vats of them sizes.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Edy’s/Dreyer’s made Girl Scout cookie ice cream until 2013, and Breyer’s has made it since 2018.

Second Scoop Frozen News: Edy's / Dreyer's ends Girl Scout Cookie branding

https://www.licenseglobal.com/food-b...outs-ice-cream
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:09 pm

Licensed by the Girl Scouts. Comes in a huge Costco-size bag.

Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:54 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
Saw these in Costco today. Picked them up for my family.

Girl Scout Thin Mints Pretzels
Those would be dangerous for me. I'm the only one in the house who likes mint and chocolate together.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I don't like salted chocolate so chocolate coated pretzels don't appeal to me at all.

The other item I love is marzipan. Marzipan, encased in dark/ bittersweet chocolate is the ultimate for me.

Sadly, it's almost impossible to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.