Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Looks to me like the seatback is broken and thus removed.

-J.
Ok. Whoosh.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Another offer in. 5th time's the charm? 6th?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Thanks for pointing that out.

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Another offer in. 5th time's the charm? 6th?
Good luck!
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Good luck!
Thanks! We threw everything we could at it now we just have to see if it sticks
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
I hope it works out for you! Here in Tucson a house just sold for $1M over asking price and the offer was all cash! Just wow.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:43 am

We went about 10% over asking price on this one. If we don't get it, we'll go with one of the no bidding war new builds until the market cools a bit.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
We went about 10% over asking price on this one. If we don't get it, we'll go with one of the no bidding war new builds until the market cools a bit.
I don't know the details of your situation, but it might be worth looking into renting especially if it means you can be in a part of town you'd prefer. Of course I understand the rental situation in Austin isn't great these days either. Still, buying a place I'm not thrilled with "until the market cools a bit" wouldn't be a good reason to invest in a house for me, but you have to make that call.
SuperG1955 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

-J.
I guess that evaluation comes from the technical training that you received as an FA on a different carrier.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I don't know the details of your situation, but it might be worth looking into renting especially if it means you can be in a part of town you'd prefer. Of course I understand the rental situation in Austin isn't great these days either. Still, buying a place I'm not thrilled with "until the market cools a bit" wouldn't be a good reason to invest in a house for me, but you have to make that call.
I like mattp1987's idea. I'll rent my bargain priced beach house to you. High speed internet, Zooms with the ocean waves breaking in the background. ISP is a short distance away, (JFK and LGA also accessible) so you can get anyplace you need to be.

Seriously though, don't buy something just to buy something. If you can't live in it happily for at least 5 years, don't do it.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Mar 12, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:34 am

My flight yesterday took 2 WX delays due to the storm front detours and winds aloft. We also had 145 mph headwinds for just about all of the JFK-MSY trip which added over 30 minutes of flight time.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
My flight yesterday took 2 WX delays due to the storm front detours and winds aloft. We also had 145 mph headwinds for just about all of the JFK-MSY trip which added over 30 minutes of flight time.
I hear you. Two delays thus far today. Anyone want to take the bet on whether or not I'm stranded in Atlanta overnight? Tho it was a nice trip

edit: interesting, pilot just addressed the flight. Says our 4 hour delay was because Jax airspace was closed for several hours to due to lack of ATCs. Will be interesting to get on the pilot forums to hear their take on the situation.
N830MH likes this.

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 12, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I like mattp1987's idea.

Seriously though, don't buy something just to buy something. If you can't live in it happily for at least 5 years, don't do it.
Agree 300%. You can always change how much you pay for money. You cannot change how much you pay for real estate.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
I hear you. Two delays thus far today. Anyone want to take the bet on whether or not I'm stranded in Atlanta overnight? Tho it was a nice trip

edit: interesting, pilot just addressed the flight. Says our 4 hour delay was because Jax airspace was closed for several hours to due to lack of ATCs. Will be interesting to get on the pilot forums to hear their take on the situation.
What a way to have to return to reality.

Glad you got to vacate - you needed and deserved it.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by navi_jen
You can leaves the concourse. You can stay at hotel for a night. They will reissued your ticket for next future flight and meal voucher, too.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:59 pm

Thanks all...we have plane, we have crew and I'm butt in seat. Should make it home tonight..well if you can call 2 a.m. tonight :-)

wakesetter93 .... I hope you get the house. Dont mean to belittle the renting situation, I was in your shoes 18 months ago and it's super hard. Fingers crossed

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 12, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.