Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'll probably leave HH early today. The Downtown Irish Club Parade is this evening and we just have to go to the corner to view it. Lots of friends marching. Also a good reason to wear my Dublin Fire Brigade jacket.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mrs767 alerted me to the Today Show this morning for this great segment on McSorley's
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I'll be on HH tonight! At least for the first hour
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I’m supposed to be off work next Friday AND we don’t shift to DST until that weekend. If the group is open to shifting 1-2 hours earlier, I’ll join. Y’all can discuss tonight. Happy St. Paddy’s!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I’m supposed to be off work next Friday AND we don’t shift to DST until that weekend. If the group is open to shifting 1-2 hours earlier, I’ll join. Y’all can discuss tonight. Happy St. Paddy’s!
I can only arrive at my usual late time next week, at best a bit more than an hour after our usual starting time.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I will be on my bachelor party next week, so I won't be able to make it
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Don't you want to introduce everyone to your internet friends?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I thought you had to work, so that the bachelor party was cancelled? Priorities?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Don't you want to introduce everyone to your internet friends?
I'm not sure they're ready for that
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought you had to work, so that the bachelor party was cancelled? Priorities?
Nope, if the schedule holds I'll travel for work Mon-Wed and then leave for my bachelor party Thursday morning
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
Mrs767 alerted me to the Today Show this morning for this great segment on McSorley's
Times have changed. Women are now allowed. Funny when a woman became the owner, she still didn't allow them in as customers. Actually, based on what it was like when I started going there, I don't know why women would have wanted to patronie the place. The ale was, and still is, great although the price is up from the 2 for 15 cents. The cheeses were also wonderful.

Maybe the next NY Deli DO should include an outing to McSorley's. Paging GW
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
definitely on our list for a return visit, although regrettably a BRT / WineDO trip this June isn't possible
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
definitely on our list for a return visit, although regrettably a BRT / WineDO trip this June isn't possible
I don’t think we’ll make it in June either. I expect to be slightly busy.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Times have changed. Women are now allowed. Funny when a woman became the owner, she still didn't allow them in as customers. Actually, based on what it was like when I started going there, I don't know why women would have wanted to patronie the place. The ale was, and still is, great although the price is up from the 2 for 15 cents. The cheeses were also wonderful.

Maybe the next NY Deli DO should include an outing to McSorley's. Paging GW
We'll see. The bar we went to after the last Deli DO was a lot of fun and extremely convenient (being next door). This could however be a candidate for a future in-person Drunk DO.

-J.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:16 pm

Congrats to Richmond on the first major upset of the tournament. Speaking of tournaments, the Champions League draw for the quarters, semis, and “home” team for the final is tomorrow. I’m scheduled to be in London for the week of one of the semi-final rounds. Hopefully Chelsea (only London team in the round of 8) is still playing, but either way I think it should be fun to watch in a London pub.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:25 pm

I actually had Richmond in one of my brackets!

Taking the dog on a walk and then I'll join HH

Last edited by wakesetter93; Mar 17, 2022 at 4:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.