Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm about to attend my first in-person conference in over 26 months--there isn't even a virtual option being provided. In addition to sessions, there are coffee breaks, a luncheon, a dinner, and a few exhibits. It looks like it will be somewhat bigger than usual and especially I see a lot of participants from abroad: South Korea, Japan, mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia(!), a couple countries in equatorial Africa, a couple countries in South America, Germany, France, UK, Spain, Italy, UAE, and more. It will be interesting to see how many people show up. The room block is sold out. The conference is requiring either proof of vaccination or a T-72 PCR test using the CLEAR app; we'll see how that works too. The hotel supposedly requires guests to wear masks, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm about to attend my first in-person conference in over 26 months--there isn't even a virtual option being provided. In addition to sessions, there are coffee breaks, a luncheon, a dinner, and a few exhibits. It looks like it will be somewhat bigger than usual and especially I see a lot of participants from abroad: South Korea, Japan, mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia(!), a couple countries in equatorial Africa, a couple countries in South America, Germany, France, UK, Spain, Italy, UAE, and more. It will be interesting to see how many people show up. The room block is sold out. The conference is requiring either proof of vaccination or a T-72 PCR test using the CLEAR app; we'll see how that works too. The hotel supposedly requires guests to wear masks, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Where will it be? Someplace exciting like FAR?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by LadyWrites
We have a little hawk in the area. Pretty in flight, but nasty loud.
we have green parrots occasional and they are crazy loud. Sounds like a troop of screeching monkeys (or parrots I guess…). They fill a tree and make a terrible noise. So weird, it is almost unbelievable if you haven’t experienced it.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:24 pm

i’ve been to several conferences in the last six months. People seem to follow the rules. The last one required you to show vaccination or a clean test, but once you were their masks were not required. That one was in San Francisco. Usually you provide your proof ahead of time, or they will ask you to provide it when you get your badge at registration/check in.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
All the conferences in my field have either been cancelled or virtual since about January 2020, although I should point out that there rarely are any conferences in February (although at one time there was a good small one that met over the Presidents' Birthday holiday in California every year). Another one that had been planned for late April was cancelled recently. OTOH, there's something scheduled for Australia in July; we'll see how that works.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Award availability finally opened up on DOH-MLE so I was able to cut the Colombo connection from my itenirary. Unfortunately, it's 5 hours on an A320 without lie flats, but I'll have 8.5 hours in Doha to rest.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Award availability finally opened up on DOH-MLE so I was able to cut the Colombo connection from my itenirary. Unfortunately, it's 5 hours on an A320 without lie flats, but I'll have 8.5 hours in Doha to rest.
I/my or we/our? Isn't this supposed to be your honeymoon? I hope you're planning to allow your wife to rest in Doha too.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I/my or we/our? Isn't this supposed to be your honeymoon? I hope you're planning to allow your wife to rest in Doha too.
Good catch! I'm sure she will be resting while I lounge hop in Doha
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I’m going to have to back out of Happy Hour plans tonight.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I’m going to have to back out of Happy Hour plans tonight.
Can you just leave the camera on so we can talk to the cats?

(Hope everything's ok!)
SuperG1955 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Can you just leave the camera on so we can talk to the cats?

(Hope everything's ok!)
They’ll be in bed by then! Things are fine; I just had a change of plans and have to work Friday after all. Since I’ll be the senior person in the office, I should probably show up at a reasonable time. Late night Happy Hour doesn’t lend itself well to early mornings.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:19 am

Morning lounge! I’m in the Uber to DFW to start my bachelor party shenanigans. I may pop into HH for a second tonight but that is up in the air at this point.
catmndu and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Did I forget to mention, one highlight of my crazy return travel to the states? DL seems to have returned Michel et Augstin Chocolate squares to the snack basket. I may or may not have squealed in delight. And, I may have been offered an extra to take home. Yum.

Happy Thorsday

GW McLintock and wakesetter93 like this.

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 24, 2022 at 10:52 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:13 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Did I forget to mention, one highlight of my crazy return travel to the states? DL seems to have returned Michel et Augstin Chocolate squares to the snack basket. I am or may not have squealed in delight. And, I may have been offered an extra to take home. Yum.

Happy Thorsday

I wish I would've known. I had an offer for a full rebate on those in the fall. My mother enjoyed them, but I think she gave some of the bags to friends. Had I known you loved them, I would've sent the box to you.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:15 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.