Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Happy Fri-YAY! I moved the tomato planter to throw it away later today. I've already seen the pigeons a couple of times. The female bird looks very confused now that things are slightly moved around.

I should really try to install a trap of some sort, but then I don't know what I would do with them. If I released them anywhere around here they would just fly back.

-J.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Happy Friday everybody!!

I will go to swimming pool later this afternoon. See if the pools is warm or cold. I won't know for sure. We have a hot weather today. 90 degrees outside.

Hope you have a great day today and please be safe.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Happy Fri-YAY! I moved the tomato planter to throw it away later today. I've already seen the pigeons a couple of times. The female bird looks very confused now that things are slightly moved around.

I should really try to install a trap of some sort, but then I don't know what I would do with them. If I released them anywhere around here they would just fly back.

-J.
Enroll them in a scuba diving course. Find out if they can swim underwater.
El Boocho and navi_jen like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy SATurday! It's a beautiful day here. We're heading out to pick up Mrs. P's new bike that we ordered Labor Day weekend although I doubt she'll be riding much since Thorsday (Why does my computer try to correct that to Thursday? It should know better.) marked 30 weeks. I bought mine at the same time; I was debating between one that was in stock and one that would have to be ordered, and I'm now very glad I went with the in-stock model. I do want to take the opportunity to look at baby bike trailers while we're there. I'm leaning towards buying one that can work as both a bike trailer and a jogging stroller.
kipper and GW McLintock like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I do want to take the opportunity to look at baby bike trailers while we're there. I'm leaning towards buying one that can work as both a bike trailer and a jogging stroller.
Definately...I have cycling friends whose kids spent their first 3 years on those trailers. Good stuff.

Gonna be a long day. In the Friday night rematch, Skunk by a knockout. Good news is that the recommended Pert Plus shampoo actually does work for skunk smell. Bad news is that I absolutely have a skunk living underneath my stupid wood deck. And, Pumpkin scratched the shizzle out of of the beautiful wood trim (and fresh paint) in the bathroom (where I tried to put him overnight). Finally, guess I'm going to have to fastrack the plan to regrade the yard and replace the wood deck with a stone patio (I don't want to throw good money after bad trapping the dang things 2x a year).

Coffee in mug, coffee grinds around the house. Hoo boy...I see a nap in the near future.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Definately...I have cycling friends whose kids spent their first 3 years on those trailers. Good stuff.

Gonna be a long day. In the Friday night rematch, Skunk by a knockout. Good news is that the recommended Pert Plus shampoo actually does work for skunk smell. Bad news is that I absolutely have a skunk living underneath my stupid wood deck. And, Pumpkin scratched the shizzle out of of the beautiful wood trim (and fresh paint) in the bathroom (where I tried to put him overnight). Finally, guess I'm going to have to fastrack the plan to regrade the yard and replace the wood deck with a stone patio (I don't want to throw good money after bad trapping the dang things 2x a year).

Coffee in mug, coffee grinds around the house. Hoo boy...I see a nap in the near future.
Sorry to hear about that for both you and Pumpkin! Speaking of house issues, my in-laws had 2 of their 3 bathrooms remodeled maybe 3 years ago. Last night, my MIL texted my wife that the one bathroom they didn’t remodel (1920s original) was leaking into their kitchen below. That should be a fun project to deal with.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Oh, no! Poor Pumpkin and poor Jen!

Can Pumpkin start going outside in a different area at night?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Back from my Valley of Death experience by way of Southwest. Death Valley is an amazing place in relatively cooler months and more that worth having to deal with Xanterra (motto-‘we don’t care because we know we have a captive audience’) if you want to stay in a central location inside the park.

It’s my first trip with WN since 2015- they just happened to have some cheap fares to Las Vegas over the perfesser’s spring break so I threw the trip together relatively last minute- and they just aren’t the same airline they were then. They’re now padding schedules more than Delta does in order to keep their on-time numbers form looking horrible but still… our outbound had to sit on the ramp for 15-20 minutes after arrival in BWI waiting for a gate assignment but we made our connection fine because the pilot for the BWI-LAS flight was deadheading in and that plane had a 45 minute tarmac hold waiting for a gate to open up. On the return, we had a departure delay for 30 minutes allegedly for late connecting passengers that never showed up, resulting in a rather brisk walk from D4 to C21 in Nashville that my watch says I got 7 minutes of exercise time from as we booked it to catch the last flight of the night back to the beach.

The LAS-BNA flight had missing safety cards from the exit row seats- is that still a FAA violation? And the customer-facing employees often seemed burned out and just kind of going through the motions. And I’ve just done enough flying since 2015 to have lost my tolerance for cattle car seating, as has the 6’2” perfesser. The rest of the year’s travel plans are with Delta, which may not be a perfect airline but will at least give me and us C+ leg room for a more comfortable trip.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Happy SATurday! It's a beautiful day here. We're heading out to pick up Mrs. P's new bike that we ordered Labor Day weekend although I doubt she'll be riding much since Thorsday (Why does my computer try to correct that to Thursday? It should know better.) marked 30 weeks. I bought mine at the same time; I was debating between one that was in stock and one that would have to be ordered, and I'm now very glad I went with the in-stock model. I do want to take the opportunity to look at baby bike trailers while we're there. I'm leaning towards buying one that can work as both a bike trailer and a jogging stroller.
Happy SATurDAY. It's a not so beautiful day here. It was "snowing" (flurries) but also cold and really windy. Not a day for doing anything outdoors. So a perfect day to do the taxes we've been putting off doing. Going to be pretty cold in the Southwest Ohio area over the next few days, then a really warm day on Wednesday, followed by a slide into a cooler weekend (though not as cold as this weekend).

The old saying is "March comes in like a lion, out like a lamb" but it's really been the opposite here. March really came in like a lamb but is going out more like a lion.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Back from my Valley of Death experience by way of Southwest. Death Valley is an amazing place in relatively cooler months …
Originally Posted by beachmouse
… they just aren’t the same airline they were then. …
thanks for reconfirming what I remember about both of those

our only trip to Death Valley was a drive-through experiment in camping (Easter weekend of 1987), and it’s definitely on our list of places to revisit

my last WN flights were SEA-OAK-LAX in 2017 … I’ve looked at them a few times since, and have often seen less-than-direct routes like your VPS-BWI-LAS that remind me of stuff I used to find on DL (DCA-BOS-SLC-LGB is the one I remember most clearly)

speaking of DL and DCA-BOS, I did that yesterday to meet up with a college friend who had extended his trip from England by a week or so … it was a beautiful day for wandering around, and then I took the water taxi from Rowe’s Wharf back to the airport for the BOS-SEA flight — booked Monday; 33000 miles for F on a 75S!

N830MH, navi_jen and LadyWrites like this.

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 26, 2022 at 10:39 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by kipper
Can Pumpkin start going outside in a different area at night?
Yep, I have a 30 foot lead...going to hook that up to a tree in the front yard. I can't have him loose at night in the side yard and the deck.

By the time I saw the skunk, Pumpkin had already been sprayed...and the skunk was ambling back towards the deck and his underground tunnel. I admit (ashamedly) that I ran back into the house until the Skunk was under the deck. I don't want to get sprayed either!

ATOBTTR We have the same weather. Even stoked up the fire last night. At least it's not Boston's April Fools Day blizzard (a foot dropped on AFD...I Xcountry skiied down the main thoroughfare that day)...
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
thanks for reconfirming what I remember about both of those

our only trip to Death Valley was a drive-through experiment in camping (Easter weekend of 1987), and it’s definitely on our list of places to revisit

my last WN flights were SEA-OAK-LAX in 2017 … I’ve looked at them a few times since, and have often seen less-than-direct routes like your VPS-BWI-LAS that remind me of stuff Inused to find on DL (DCA-BOS-SLC-LGB is the one I remember most clearly)
Reasonably priced airfares getting out of the FL panhandle during spring break season are unicorns, and since I’ve already got a lot of travel budget blocked out for trips to New Mexico, Colorado, and some sort of loop out of Munich over the summer months, I figured it was worth the extra time and weird routing in order to be able to squeeze something in here.

But yeah, it’s going to take even more of a screaming deal to pry me away from Delta (and the odd United award flight out of Pensacola) for the near to medium future.

On the up side, WN manages a full drink and snack service on the 55 minute wheels up to down hop from Nashville to VPS.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:10 am

Yep, I have a 30 foot lead...going to hook that up to a tree in the front yard. I can't have him loose at night in the side yard and the deck.

By the time I saw the skunk, Pumpkin had already been sprayed...and the skunk was ambling back towards the deck and his underground tunnel. I admit (ashamedly) that I ran back into the house until the Skunk was under the deck. I don't want to get sprayed either!

ATOBTTR We have the same weather. Even stoked up the fire last night. At least it's not Boston's April Fools Day blizzard (a foot dropped on AFD...I Xcountry skiied down the main thoroughfare that day)...
Sounds like that's a good plan. We have the same weather here as well. I need to run a few errands today and will grab a late lunch or early dinner while out, but as I'm still working on my second cup of coffee, it'll be a little while.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Buddy is back home for the next stage of his GI surgery recovery

it was a rough week ... surgery was Sun ~1000; he initially responded more slowly than they expected, so they decided to keep him overnight Tues; noticed on Wed that he’d started to develop an infection around the incision

vet aspirated some fluid that wasn't dissipating from the area of the internal disruption and found it had a different bacterial spectrum; when they went back in Wed night, they found and repaired a small tear in the small intestine 🤬

Thu afternoon report from Mrs767 was that he likely wouldn't have made it another 24 hrs had they not done the second surgery

why Thu afternoon? when I called ~0630EDT/0330PDT Thurs, all they could tell me was that he was resting comfortably ... apparently dogs are covered by HIPAA bcuz my name wasn't on their "approved contacts" list 🙄

most of his eight (!) Rx have to be given with food every 6-8 hours
navi_jen likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 26, 2022 at 11:39 pm Reason: correct timeline
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
it was a rough week ... surgery was late Sun night; he initially responded more slowly than they expected, so they decided to keep him overnight Tues; noticed on Wed that he’d started to develop an infection around the incision

vet aspirated some fluid that wasn't dissipating from the area of the internal disruption and found it had a different bacterial spectrum; when they went back in Wed night, they found and repaired a small tear in the small intestine 🤬

Thu afternoon report from Mrs767 was that he likely wouldn't have made it another 24 hrs had they not done the second surgery

why Thu afternoon? when I called ~0630EDT/0330PDT Thurs, all they could tell me was that he was resting comfortably ... apparently dogs are covered by HIPAA bcuz my name wasn't on their "approved contacts" list 🙄

most of his eight (!) Rx have to be given with food every 6-8 hours
Poor Buddy. To be fair, I would've been highly upset had my vet discussed anything with the soon-to-be ex without my permission, so the vet may have been concerned about something like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.