Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Tell that to my fiance, I think she crushes curbs for sport.
Does she win or lose during these encounters?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mattp1987
As someone who exercises outdoors almost daily, it’s almost never that I can’t go run or walk or bike in the elements. It’s that I don’t want to.
Yes, I know. I can't ride on bicycle anymore. I have a bad knees, but it is very hard for me. I have a breathing problem. So I can't run anymore. Instead I only take a Lyft to the CVS or at the bus stop.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does she win or lose during these encounters?
The winners are usually American Express and Audi Dallas
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Also, I don't think I ever mentioned it here, but I managed to drop the DOH-CMB-MLE part of our honeymoon trip and rebook on the direct DOH-MLE.

I didn't really mind the initial routing as we had a 2 hour layover in DOH before continuing onto CMB in the QSuites on the A350K before a 5 hour layover in Colombo before going down on the Sri Lankan A330 with lie flats. However, the swap to the old angle flat A330 on our DOH-CMB had me really dreading our layover. Thankfully I was able to find space on the flight departing shortly after midnight getting us into Male at the same time and it gives us an 8 hour layover in Doha so we can utilize the transit hotel and arrive fresh. We're on the A320 from DOH-MLE so I'm hoping for one of the planes with lie flats but either way it's still a direct. Have an alert set in case J space on the 77W leaving 15 minutes prior to our flight opens up.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I need to get an oil change for my car this week but I really don't feel like going outside. I definitely do not have COVID (PCR was negative)... so maybe it's just a bad cold. Maybe it's Maybelline

-J.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It's been a weird couple of days since Sunday.

KLM cancelled a flight (AMS-MAD) on our outbound and in the process of trying to get something to replace it, a very incompetent KLM agent screwed up our entire reservation. We got dropped to coach, our GUCs disappeared from the tickets, and their supervisors were worse than useless. So, cancelling the ticket and rebooking on DL was accomplished and the trip was saved. Now I'll have to go through the PITA of an EU261 filing and see what I can get.

I'd mentioned in a prior post how ridiculous the fares were for this week. I needed to go to NY for a Thursday afternoon medical appointment and since there were plenty of seats available, figured I'd nonrev. Sunday afternoon the seats started disappearing and the fares for a Wed-Fri, MSY-NYC-MSY got almost to TCON D1 levels so I killed the trip and rescheduled the appointment for June when we're back up north.The reason is the Final Four. It's going to be a heavy tourist weekend in New Orleans.

My 3 1/2 year old everyday laptop developed a heat problem which distorted both the back and front of the case. Even the keyboard is distorted and malfunctioning. I had a next business day repair contract with the manufacturer (Lenovo) which never happened because they couldn't find parts. They gave up today and are sending me a brand new replacement of an equal computer. They couldn't match one feature but upgraded a different feature which was to my liking.
catmndu and GW McLintock like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:19 pm

Sounds like you had much better luck with Lenovo than GW, my ThinkPad has been running hot and occasionally sounds like a helicopter but work says I'm not due for an upgrade.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I forgot to mention, my 2000 Chevy Tahoe passed the state vehicle inspection so it'll continue to be my everyday transportation for another 2 years.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
It's been a weird couple of days since Sunday.

KLM cancelled a flight (AMS-MAD) on our outbound and in the process of trying to get something to replace it, a very incompetent KLM agent screwed up our entire reservation. We got dropped to coach, our GUCs disappeared from the tickets, and their supervisors were worse than useless. So, cancelling the ticket and rebooking on DL was accomplished and the trip was saved. Now I'll have to go through the PITA of an EU261 filing and see what I can get.

I'd mentioned in a prior post how ridiculous the fares were for this week. I needed to go to NY for a Thursday afternoon medical appointment and since there were plenty of seats available, figured I'd nonrev. Sunday afternoon the seats started disappearing and the fares for a Wed-Fri, MSY-NYC-MSY got almost to TCON D1 levels so I killed the trip and rescheduled the appointment for June when we're back up north.The reason is the Final Four. It's going to be a heavy tourist weekend in New Orleans.

My 3 1/2 year old everyday laptop developed a heat problem which distorted both the back and front of the case. Even the keyboard is distorted and malfunctioning. I had a next business day repair contract with the manufacturer (Lenovo) which never happened because they couldn't find parts. They gave up today and are sending me a brand new replacement of an equal computer. They couldn't match one feature but upgraded a different feature which was to my liking.
I haven't had luck with Lenovo. I have an on-site warranty repair agreement with them, yet need to ship mine back to them for repairs. I need to figure out when I can be without it for a few weeks to ship it back to them.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
my company Dell laptop went out of warranty last Sep, right about the time my work travel ended … as part of getting ready to go back to DC last week, I put in a request for a new one (specifically stating “DO NOT SHIP; WILL PICK UP IN PERSON 3/21”); what I didn’t know was that one of the two people who had to approve it was on leave

it went to the service desk after she approved it yesterday; tech saw the note and called to ask if I was still in the area … since we’re flying back next Wed, I told him I can collect it on Thurs morning … was really hoping not to drag it along on a leisure trip, but at least I won’t have to take half a day out of the office when I’m there later in the month
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by kipper
I haven't had luck with Lenovo. I have an on-site warranty repair agreement with them, yet need to ship mine back to them for repairs. I need to figure out when I can be without it for a few weeks to ship it back to them.
I don't know if I get better treatment from them because of the account relationship I have with them and also many client computers under warrantee. Many of them are coming up for replacement and we're working on that project with Lenovo.

This, however, is the first time I've had to wait to get a repair done. I had a few phone conversations with them and we negotiated the specs of the replacement machine. I accepted a graphics downgrade in exchange for a processor and memory upgrades. I also get to keep the existing SSD (M2 PCIe) and a warrantee extension on the new computer. Obviously, I also have to transfer programs and data to the new computer and downgrade it from Win11 to Win10. I can't screw around with a new, unstable OS on my primary computer. Fortunately, I have software that makes the job easy. I also have a backup computer which is kept in sync with the primary so I don't have to have any down time.

I'm even contemplating taking a Chromebook or MacBook Air (M1) to Spain next week and just remoting to my primary or secondary. Lots of options.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:27 am

I'm going to move my KLM stuff to the appropriate thread later in the week. Using Delta Global Upgrade (GUC) with KLM Consolidated
Our trip is now on DL. I was able to use GUCs on a PS fare for a trip starting next week.
KL is still screwing up and I'm going to have to file my first 261 claim.
I've gotten great support from the DM desk.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Starting to feel better today. Hoping I'm well enough to go outside tomorrow!

Originally Posted by kipper
I used to have a warranty like that and the longest I was without a machine was a week -- they overnight your computer both ways. However I now have the on-site service and it has been great, though in the heart of the pandemic they suspended on-site repairs which put me in a bind.

-J.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
My 18 month old Lenovo periodically won't recognize my charger...I think the USB port is loose. Of course, it was working when I took it to Microcenter...so I have a wireless type (USB stays plugged in 24/7) charging unit on order. Computers are now, more or less, very expensive consumption items

33 degrees yesterday, 66 today. Hoping it's 99 tomorrow
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Apple is pretty good with replacing ‘puffy’ laptop batteries for free, even if the computer is off warranty. You just have to be willing to talk to the right person, preferably at an Apple Store. (Though that part is kind of annoying since the nearest one to us is something like New Orleans)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.