Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can't Change Skymiles Ticket Online - Is it Just me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

I've been trying to look at some possible changes to my Skymiles ticket to AMS. Every time I try to change it, I get a message that says : "Oh no! We're sorry, but this system is not available at this time. Please try again later.
If this problem persists, please call our Online Customer Support Desk at 1-888-750-3284 for assistance".

Is it just me - or is everyone trying to change a Skymiles ticket getting this?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I've been trying to look at some possible changes to my Skymiles ticket to AMS. Every time I try to change it, I get a message that says : "Oh no! We're sorry, but this system is not available at this time. Please try again later.
If this problem persists, please call our Online Customer Support Desk at 1-888-750-3284 for assistance".

Is it just me - or is everyone trying to change a Skymiles ticket getting this?
This is not scientific, but in my experience tickets that are simple, have never been reissued or changed and are all Delta can be sometimes be dealt with online. Any ticket with complications requires requires an agent. For me, as an example, if an upgrade has been processed online changes dont work.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by El Boocho
This is not scientific, but in my experience tickets that are simple, have never been reissued or changed and are all Delta can be sometimes be dealt with online. Any ticket with complications requires requires an agent. For me, as an example, if an upgrade has been processed online changes dont work.
My reservation is a non-stop KLM flight in each direction, total of two flights.

Kind of dysfunctional that that self-service option is broken and it's next to impossible to get an agent.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:01 am

Just changed complicated Skymiles ticket on KLM in the Delta app without any problems.

Charged me 30 cents difference in taxes (I guess different conversion rate).

Did you try just cancel and rebook?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had a similar experience after a schedule change (with a revenue ticket). Booked a trip to HND in May and initially the system would allow me to make changes using Modify Flight option and quoted fare differences online. However, after a schedule change impacted the itin, it now returns an error (#600104R) if I attempt to make changes and says it can't be changed online and must be done by an agent.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 6, 2021 at 7:01 am
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
I have had a similar experience after a schedule change (with a revenue ticket). Booked a trip to HND in May and initially the system would allow me to make changes using Modify Flight option and quoted fare differences online. However, after a schedule change impacted the itin, it now returns an error (#600104R) if I attempt to make changes and says it can't be changed online and must be done by an agent.
Be sure to use the DL web site and view the reservation. I recently had a (minor) schedule change on a ticket and was unable to change anything using the app until after I used the web site to "accept" the new itinerary. Once I clicked that "accept" button on the top of the itinerary display on the web site, then I was successful making changes.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I haven't been able to change a single ticket online in the past few months -- I get that same system error every time
ohhleary likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
I haven't been able to change a single ticket online in the past few months -- I get that same system error every time
If my itinerary had a partner leg on it or there was anything even remotely non-standard, I couldn’t even cancel it online much less change it. Had to call in - revenue, mileage, companion cert or RUC didn’t’ the matter… I’m gobsmacked of late - callback times are 3+ hours but the website won’t allow us to do anything…
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is not scientific, but in my experience tickets that are simple, have never been reissued or changed and are all Delta can be sometimes be dealt with online. Any ticket with complications requires requires an agent.
Exactly my experience.

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Kind of dysfunctional that that self-service option is broken and it's next to impossible to get an agent.
Yes it certainly is, and it's why I'm not paying cash for any more DL tickets this year.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
I used to say that "simple" tickets were able to be self-serviced as others have mentioned (no UG certs, no credits, all DL metal, no Sked Changes). Anything with those issues definitely needed a call to DL. BUT... over the last few months, I have had ZERO luck with self-servicing any tickets. Everything requires a call in. So frustrating.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM
I had a problem finalizing a first purchase recently (not award) that was partly on non-Delta metal. When I got with an agent the agent informed me the system wouldn't do it because the Air France-operated portion was in the midst of a schedule change. I concluded that non-Delta schedule changes on Delta-marketed flights take some time to come through. The agent was able to finish the purchase.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
So, trying to change online but all options say not available or 0 available. When I check to see what's available at the moment, there are lots of options available, even some less than I originally paid. So, can't select anything for online change (well, there is first available for three times as much). I guess you're going to suggest cancel and rebook. Only thing is I've never done that before and I'm not sure if I can use the ecredit right away on the rebooked flight. I'd rather not be forced to use the money on the next flight since there might not be one as I don't usually fly Delta.

Also, I called this morning and was told it was a 7 hour wait and they'd call me back, but 8 hours later, no call so I called and I've been on hold for 45 minutes so far. Enough time to post this.

So, I assume cancel and rebook? I wish I knew how soon I could use the ecredit. Guess knowing for a maybe next time is worth something. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
I was trying to change a ticket online and got the same error as you. I was changing a date plus the origin and destination. basically a cancel and rebook.

when I kept the outbound leg the same and just tried to change the return, I was able to do it online.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just changed an award and despite the new flights saying "0 available", it still let me select and rebook on those flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.