Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I suspect as we head into June/July JFK will start to be more of a circus like it usually is with more international flights....
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think JFK is going to remain mostly depressing until business travel comes back significantly... right now most of the traffic is leisure and thats not going to change over the summer.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Here is my COVID service experience from ATL-HNL in D1:

There were no PDBs as expected but they did have the big Dasani bottle water pre-placed at every seat. An excellent FA crew came around and took meal orders (they did the standard "U" style for taking orders) before the boarding door closed. I don't remember what all the choices were but I choose the Beef Tenderloin. After takeoff, it seems they are back to the normal service protocols for serving meals and they served them from the front of the cabin to the back instead of vise-versa like they had been doing for COVID proticals. For drinks, they had the full sized cans of Soda and I ordered an Orange Juice which was still Minute Maid (they use a different brand on other flights) Everything was still served on one tray but they did serve a pre-arrival meal which was a cold sandwich which I didn't eat as the bread was so cold, it was rock hard. Overall I'd rate the meals a C- as the beef tenderloin was great but the pre-arrival meal was terrible. Service was great from a proactive FA crew and they seemed happy to be doing service.

Old May 12, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Here is my COVID service experience from ATL-HNL in D1:
This is so sad. They haven't returned this flight to real D1 service still. I had the same thing in February. Beyond pathetic for a flight that length and the price premium charged.

"It's more than a meal, it's a fine dining experience" -- the D1 meal description still exists on the flight when looking up on the app, lol
dw, BigFishDave, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
This is so sad. They haven't returned this flight to real D1 service still. I had the same thing in February. Beyond pathetic for a flight that length and the price premium charged.

"It's more than a meal, it's a fine dining experience" -- the D1 meal description still exists on the flight when looking up on the app, lol
Lol indeed.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Same crap I was served AMS-ATL D1 in March. Pathetic.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Speculation on when pre-covid meals will be served again? Flying BOI-ATL nonstop in late Oct. Take a SWAG.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Speculation on when pre-covid meals will be served again? Flying BOI-ATL nonstop in late Oct. Take a SWAG.
I saw an interview where Ed Bastian said June.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by demkr

This flight never really had the full D1 service even pre-COVID so I kept my expectations low. I also used a RUC for it and this flight would have been better than the alternative via LAX which would have been snack boxes galore. The beef tenderloin was fine and was actually pretty good but serving a wrapped cold sandwich for the pre-arrival meal is pathetic. They should have offered at least a warm heated sandwich as the cold sandwich offered was basically inedible with how cold the bread was.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I saw an interview where Ed Bastian said June.
Just noticed 6/1 for FC and D1 on their website. Thanks.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just noticed 6/1 for FC and D1 on their website. Thanks.
Is this all F or just the aforementioned ‘long’ domestic flights?
Old May 12, 2021, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
Is this all F or just the aforementioned ‘long’ domestic flights?
Not positive but this probably explains it better than I can: https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...erage/overview
Old May 12, 2021, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not positive but this probably explains it better than I can: https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...erage/overview
Ahh yes, the ambiguous ‘coast-to-coast’ designation.
Old May 12, 2021, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It says early June, not June 1st. It also says select coast-to-coast flights.

International flights (longhaul) have some interesting anomalies. Only PS gets a salad. Coach doesn't get bread. What seems scary is that there's a "limited selection" of wine in all cabins. I hope that doesn't mean that D1 gets what's currently being served in domestic FC/C+.

There's no mention of being able to preorder the main course. There's also no mention of breakfast or snacks on TATL/TPAC routes.
Old May 13, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: DL
D1 meal on DL143 AMS-SEA on May 10th. The soup was good, no idea what it was cause there are no menus anymore. We turned around after about an hour and 20 minutes (no water on the plane ), about 20 minutes after this meal was served, then spent another 90 minutes at the gate, while we weren't allowed to leave the plane, filling the plane up and cooling the brakes because it landed heavy, then flew to Seattle for a total of 14 hours on the plane. They didn't restock food, so we got this meal at hour 1 in the flight, and a lunch (small hamburger) at hour 13. The snack basket was very light, just some chips and some small bars. Heaven help the folks in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.