Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
In my opinion, the ridiculously long wait times (which now seems to be a daily occurrence) is going to hurt DL more than they think. I had to call the PM line last night to make a change (website errored out and wouldn’t let me change online ) and the wait time was 2 hours and 30 mins which is unacceptable for the PM line as none of the other major airlines are having this issue right now. DL PR and management keep saying how they are building a new customer “loyalty” with their COVID measures and seat blocking and these customers are now going to start flying DL at a “premium” which is nonsense IMO as people value price and customer service over these gimmicks such as seat blocking which is only a temporary offering. As people get vaccinated and seat blocking ends, issues like long hold items and poor in-flight service aren’t going to make people “pay a premium” to fly on DL.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:52 pm

Have a complex, multi-city international itinerary, purchased with various ecredits that was impacted by last Saturday’s schedule change. Have been calling at various times since Monday with shortest hold time announced of 1 hour and 30 mins. Today was offered “text support” during call and opted to use it. Provided all requested info at 10:45AM this morning and continue to receive “Do you still need help” “we will connect you with next available agent” at 5:45PM this evening.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
Quoted a 1 hr 2 min call back time on the PM line tonight.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Better than last night but this is still ridiculous and seems to be a daily issue anymore.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:01 pm

Finally received text from agent at 7PM. Just finished up via text 2 hours later after initially providing what I was requesting (and eventually received). It’s not a direct “back and forth” text session and during delays between responses received text stating reps were handling multiple “conversations” at the same time.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Better than last night but this is still ridiculous and seems to be a daily issue anymore.
Agreed. This seems to be the "new-normal" now. It's a shame that we have to consistently plan on a call to DL taking a long amount of time to get connected and have to make sure we have the time available for a call back.

The call did come close to the estimate, about 1 hr 10 min. Very mediocre agent. I called to simply verify that my pet-in-cabin transferred to the new flights that were the result of the schedule change over the weekend. The agent was very blunt and to the point. "Yes, it did." Was her reply to my question. Usually the agents are friendlier and tend to go over the pet info to make sure all is correct. This agent did the bare minimum, with no mention of status, PM line, etc.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I made two call on Sunday due to May schedule changes that couldn't be corrected on-line:

The first itinerary was quoting a misconnect. I was pretty sure I the new schedule was within MCT but didn't want to chance the system making up its own mind later on a new itinerary for me, so I called the number given which was answered (immediately) as the 'ticket re-issue' desk or something like that.

Later that day I had to call to fix a time change on another itinerary. Platinum line quoted 56 minute callback. I didn't time it, but they probably beat the 56 minutes by a little bit. However, on the first callback, when the automated voice asked me to 'press 1 when valued customer is on the line' it would not register me pressing 1 and said 'time has expired, goodbye'. Thankfully, the system tried the callback again a few minutes later and it worked. Agent fixed things easily and quickly.

The hold times are clearly ridiculous, especially with travel on the apparent uptick.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Agreed. This seems to be the "new-normal" now. It's a shame that we have to consistently plan on a call to DL taking a long amount of time to get connected and have to make sure we have the time available.
Sounds like HUCA is a relic of the past 😂
unitedbusiness and GagaPilot like this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Sounds like HUCA is a relic of the past 😂
I mean you can still do it, just build in 4-6 hours of time waiting.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I'm a platinum exec on AA and platinum Delta. Had to call both today. Within 1 minute, I had an agent at American who promptly reissued a ticket. I'm still waiting on a call back an hour and 20 minutes later from Delta.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
So fun fact, I've actually been doing some mileage runs on other airlines with a friend --weird I know.

Anyways, yeah the hold times are excessive.

I initiated text chats with both AA & Alaska a couple days ago to make sure everything was set up properly.

Took <15m for both to respond to my messages --with zero status.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:15 am

It’s a subtle thing but this actually is starting to have an impact on my decisions. Needed to change a family trip for June. Tried online - failed. Rather than the hour+ wait for Delta, I decided to burn some AA miles instead.

Eventually I will cancel the Delta (revenue) booking but that can wait for a schedule change.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:16 am

9+ hour wait time to speak with an agent

Needed to make a last minute domestic flight change that I could not accomplish on line. 9+ hour hold time on the diamond desk last evening. No call back option offered. That is simply insane. I gave up after nearly 3 hours. Got an agent through chat within the app but that took more than 2 hours.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:56 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goblue
Needed to make a last minute domestic flight change that I could not accomplish on line. 9+ hour hold time on the diamond desk last evening. No call back option offered. That is simply insane. I gave up after nearly 3 hours. Got an agent through chat within the app but that took more than 2 hours.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:05 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Completely unacceptable. Ed Bastian has really ruined Delta, and I can’t wait for him to be out.

Not like he flies DL anyways. Richard frequently did, and would sit in Y.

Ed flies private. Nuff said.
Does he serve a fixed "term" like the POTUS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.