Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I thought I should be able to see spend on my most recent statement, but it's not there.

My business Reserve has the statement ("Your year-to-date spend on your Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business Card is $xxxxxx. After you spend $150,000.00 in a calendar year, you earn 1.5 miles per dollar on eligible purchases for the rest of the year.") at the end of the Miles Earned section. My personal Reserve card statement does not have the year to date spend, and none of my statements since I acquired the card do.

We often have numerous returns, so it's difficult to parse the return amounts, credits, payments, etc. out to get an an accurate number.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can't you get spend from the last statement, as of whatever has posted by the closing date, and then add later charges that have posted since the closing date? It shouldn't be necessary to go back any further unless you have some returns which then need to be followed carefully.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Peatisback
I thought I should be able to see spend on my most recent statement, but it's not there.

My business Reserve has the statement ("Your year-to-date spend on your Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business Card is $xxxxxx. After you spend $150,000.00 in a calendar year, you earn 1.5 miles per dollar on eligible purchases for the rest of the year.") at the end of the Miles Earned section. My personal Reserve card statement does not have the year to date spend, and none of my statements since I acquired the card do.

We often have numerous returns, so it's difficult to parse the return amounts, credits, payments, etc. out to get an an accurate number.
Amex took away the "Your year-to-date spend on your Delta SkyMiles ...." paragraph from the printed statement earlier in 2020 and replaced it with the "live" spend tracker on the Amex.com web site. The plan was fine - an up to date tracker would be more useful to customers than their prior once-per-month spend tracker on the printed bill. However, as this entire thread demonstrates, Amex has had difficulty implementing an online spend tracker that actually works. The paragraph from the printed bill was always correct in my experience - the online spend tracker has never been correct. Now, we have nothing that actually works. Hopefully Amex gets their act together soon.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
My statement recently closed, and while there was significant movement on the Amex Tracker, it is still about $600 (2 weeks worth) short. Happy to report the mini 500 MQM boosts from $1000 spend posted correctly at the statement close date along with the appropriate regular miles earned.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
For me the wait is over : the Amex spending tracker had been lagging by $3.5K until ~ 2 weeks ago when it started to catch up at accelerating pace.

Delta showed the $25K spend 2 days earlier, and today the Amex tracker showed the same $25K mark generating an instantaneous 10K MQM credit.

Wonder what their running script does to the backlog of transactions where they are not processed per account. Probably, it looks at the daily volume of all AmEx transactions and issues increments to every individual dashboard.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Looks like I am all caught up here. Over the weekend the AMEX tracker was showing spend the DL app tracker wasn't showing yet.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:29 am

I'm caught up through 10/13
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:02 pm

I just caught up very rapidly and had my MQM Boost posted. FWIW, I'm midway through my billing cycle.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:15 pm

Looks like mine is all up-to-date too, but I haven't made any significant purchases in the last week. I anticipate making a few over the next day or two, so will keep an eye on the Tracker to see how timely it moves.

Also, I notice a countdown timer now saying "only 73 days left!" encouraging me to hit the $25K threshold.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:53 pm

Just adding a small datapoint based on a few days of close observations: It looks like not only is my Amex Tracker back up to date, but as soon as a transaction posts, the Tracker is updating again rather than lagging several weeks behind. Let's hope it stays that way.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I just caught up very rapidly and had my MQM Boost posted. FWIW, I'm midway through my billing cycle.
I had my MQM post the other day, but just learned they no longer have miles post it is only MQMs. Seems to be a huge downgrade to the card,
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Originally Posted by troyintn
I had my MQM post the other day, but just learned they no longer have miles post it is only MQMs. Seems to be a huge downgrade to the card,
It's a downgrade or upgrade depending on one's spending patterns. Now the award triple miles for hotels, double for restaurants and U.S. supermarkets. So, one can easily exceed the pevious bonus of 10K miles.

As for me I work in Europe - so U.S. supermarkets are out of the menu, and finding the places that accept AmEx is quite a quest
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by sharkey
11,000+ miles posted to my Delta account. I only received 1000 MQM. Should have received 5500 MQM.
Any update on this? I'm in the exact same boat. 11k miles posted and only received 1000 MQM.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jjangoo
Any update on this? I'm in the exact same boat. 11k miles posted and only received 1000 MQM.
Same here. I called Amex and got the run around. First they blamed Delta, then they blamed closing cycles, and then they resorted to the 8-12 weeks to post excuse.

I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can find out the eligible spend to date for this promotion. They are making it very opaque and I am really weary of Amex representatives and their lame excuses.

David
Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I got all of my MQM on in Oct, when my miles posted.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 5:55 pm

AmEx Delta Reserve MQD spending update.

I just made a large spending in one transaction (over $30K) on my business delta reserve but my MQD spending waiver tracker has not been updated for $30K after a few days after the charge was posted. But I saw the tracker moved by 0.5K few days ago (possibly because of the few hundred $ worth of spending from my personal reserve card (I did remember the tracker updates real time daily instead of statement closing date). Also, I did made a payment prior to the charge was posted on my business reserve card (so the balance was about negative $30K-ish) because i dont want the large spending to hurt my credit score if I wait until statement closing date to pay it off. My question is, would making the payment prior to the charge posts confuse the system where it would mistakenly think my net charge is $0 after charge is posted due to the payment paid before charge was posted? If so, how could I get it corrected? I am getting close to making Diamond MQD waiver, so 30K is big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.