Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Select Program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Incidental revenue that they would have never gotten before and since its a subscription they hopefully get people on auto renew
I noticed in the T&C: "This membership does not automatically renew."
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Ok, if you sign on now, does it expire at end of 2019 or one year from date of joining? Same question re drink coupons.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Ok, if you sign on now, does it expire at end of 2019 or one year from date of joining? Same question re drink coupons.
Amazingly enough this question is also answered in the T&C @:-)

Other people are allowed to click on this link too

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
link to T&C is at the bottom of the above page.

"Membership and benefits are valid for 365 days starting the day after customer enrollment."
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do any other airlines offer something similar to this at the moment?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Not as far as I know. This is really a first for the industry, and I wouldn't be surprised if other airlines quickly followed suit. This can literally only make money for them.

-J.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:16 pm

Not much to figure out. This is simply another revenue stream for Delta with little cost to them. Most people won't use all the drink coupons and if they do, Delta's cost is minimally in comparison to actual cost of drink.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Delta's Basic Economy landing page still says, "Basic Economy travelers are not eligible for paid or complimentary access or upgrades to premium seats, including to Delta Comfort+® or Preferred Seats; and no paid access to Priority Boarding." Guess they will need to change that last part!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:37 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
UA has a couple of subscription-based benefit programs, but at a higher price than DL's. There's an annual subscription to get economy plus seats for free on every flight when you book a regular seat ($599) and a checked bag subscription for 2 free checked bags per flight ($349).

Perhaps not too surprising the Delta would try unbundling boarding (and drinks) to see if there's a market willing to buy it as a subscription.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by paul_from_losangeles
Do Skymiles members require a targeted invitation to join the Select Program? I attempted to join this morning, trying 2 different credit cards in both Firefox and Chrome. For each of my 4 attempts, I received "Transaction Declined" and "An unexpected error occurred, please try again later." Anyone else having this problem? Thank you.
I have and I have contacted Delta on the phone and they said they cannot enroll me over the phone, now put in a complaint by email, so far no responses. How annoying for Delta to offer something you want but they won't allow you to enroll!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the UA Y+ subscription includes slightly improved lines at the airport and somewhat early boarding.

One could also argue that some credit cards include similar perks. If someone gets the credit card for the airline perks (and especially if they don't use the card much otherwise), it's similar but of course this DL version is available to any USA resident who's over 21, no credit check necessary.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:21 pm

Red face

I was able to complete my enrollment, by following a hunch suggested from a Delta twitter response.

The enrollment popup requests your address. Just copy your Address Line 1 from your Delta SkyMiles profile. This will generally be your street and number, without a city and state. Allow the software to learn your City and State from your Zip Code. This worked for me.

The problem is either the software doesn't want your explicit City and State, or the line with the street, number, city, and state is too long. Anyway, the enrollment worked for me, with only Address Line 1 and my Zip Code.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:54 am

I was able to complete my enrollment, by following a hunch suggested from a Delta twitter response.

The enrollment popup requests your address. Just copy your Address Line 1 from your Delta SkyMiles profile. This will generally be your street and number, without a city and state. Allow the software to learn your City and State from your Zip Code. This worked for me.

The problem is either the software doesn't want your explicit City and State, or the line with the street, number, city, and state is too long. Anyway, the enrollment worked for me, with only Address Line 1 and my Zip Code.
Worked! No comment on why Delta made this program so difficult to enroll in!
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold

At least you can be sure you're not being scammed. Only DL IT would be able to put such a dysfunctional sign-up form live.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by proth
Got the invite today... was thinking the 8 drinks were worth it alone.

Wondering if AMEX Plat would pick this up as reimbursable incidental charge.
I signed up and got my reimbursement yesterday.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by johnp012001
I signed up and got my reimbursement yesterday.
I think you're the first person to confirm that the Delta Select program is reimbursable through the Amex Platinum card airline credit program. Thanks!
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.