Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VDB-ed but Full Gate Agent Offer Not Honored - What to do now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VDB-ed but Full Gate Agent Offer Not Honored - What to do now?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Someone in RM or otherwise high up at DL thinks your scamming them. Call and press to see who added those remarks and when - the info is available on the PnR.

as this is an international PNR, you can also request it via a CBP FOIA request, although it’ll take about a year to process. (Intl PNRs are sent to and stored by CBP; comments made in PNR are often visible)
I called after dinner and got the same agent who had prior notated that changes were OK, and the only changes made were via VDB.

He could not speak for the previous agent's incompetence but it seemed to not be a problem otherwise.

thanks again all for your thoughts and prayers
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

One other update:

All credit posted correctly to my account for this ticket.

I called about another LAX-ATL flight that hadn't posted correctly. Agent called SkyMiles Support and they messed up and withdrew my credit for LAX-ATL (had to call back again to get that fixed)

SkyMiles Support ALSO, for whatever reason, went and changed the ATL-AMS I flew in I class, to DL9667 (I believe this is the KLM operated DL codeshare that they put the other passengers on)

I didn't even call about credit for this reservation and they still went into it and changed it. .... Now DL9667 says that the partner denied mileage credit and the activity is not eligible for mileage credit (of course not, because I wasn't on DL9667)

I can't waste any more time calling. I sent Twitter my boarding passes and they said they sent it over for correction (again)....

The incompetence is really astounding. It almost feels purposeful at this point.

[A phone agent disclosed that the SkyMiles Support Team is made up of 5 women in Hibbing, MSP....I wonder if there is only 5 of them, why they can't get the VS 'G' fare flass issue correct?!]
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by spamkiller
You have to watch where you record this, as some states make it a crime to record without consent of all parties. Georgia is a 1 party consent state.
People say this all the time. Has anybody been prosecuted for this? For recording in a public place? Police have tried, and failed. You think Delta would succeed?

A crime means nothing. Speeding is illegal. So most people here have committed a crime. And?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
One other update:

All credit posted correctly to my account for this ticket.

I called about another LAX-ATL flight that hadn't posted correctly. Agent called SkyMiles Support and they messed up and withdrew my credit for LAX-ATL (had to call back again to get that fixed)

SkyMiles Support ALSO, for whatever reason, went and changed the ATL-AMS I flew in I class, to DL9667 (I believe this is the KLM operated DL codeshare that they put the other passengers on)

I didn't even call about credit for this reservation and they still went into it and changed it. .... Now DL9667 says that the partner denied mileage credit and the activity is not eligible for mileage credit (of course not, because I wasn't on DL9667)

I can't waste any more time calling. I sent Twitter my boarding passes and they said they sent it over for correction (again)....

The incompetence is really astounding. It almost feels purposeful at this point.

[A phone agent disclosed that the SkyMiles Support Team is made up of 5 women in Hibbing, MSP....I wonder if there is only 5 of them, why they can't get the VS 'G' fare flass issue correct?!]
**I know the following may sound snarky, though that's not my intent**

A few posts ago you made a comment that DL needs to stop wasting HVC's time. Based upon the treatment/lack of help you're receiving - it appears you think you're a HVC, but DL does not. With all of the customer scores and data DL has on customers, if you were truly a HVC they wouldn't be treating you like this. By no means do I think I'm a HVC, however, this year all of my flights except 1 has been purchased F and J and my MQD's are the highest they've ever been by many thousands. I've seen a drastic improvement from agents on the DM line and multiple times have been approached by a FA with their handheld device approaching me individually with "DL really appreciates your DM status" and nobody else got it. The most recent was on a BOS-AMS D1 flight and I don't believe for a second I was the only DM in D1 on board. Another time I was given a neat black and white postcard with a shot of the 'Fly Delta Jets' logo that was delivered to me by the FA right before they closed the door and on the back was a hand written note from the Pilot thanking me for my loyalty (this was on a short BOS-JFK in F and nobody else was given a card....and again I have to believe there were other DM's on this flight). Maybe I'm reading into this too much, and I don't mean for this to be a humble brag, but I've been a DM for many years and this year is the first I've ever had these events happen *and* noticed such a difference in treatment. So I'm lead to believe it coincides with my increased spend. Also let me just say - your definition of a HVC, which could very well be high value in some people's eyes isn't what DL considers a HVC.

There could be multiple other things factoring in to your situation as well. Do you have many complaints/issues you've submitted? Do you have a lot of VDB's? Just trying to think out loud why DL isn't being more helpful here.

Last edited by FSUnole03; Dec 15, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

They took my boarding passes and resubmitted it for credit.

Just that their process now has become markedly customer unfriendlier. Everyone here has commented on that.

My last VDB of any sort was in 2016, and I have submitted 1 complaint this year via the site, but I don't think any of these have an impact.

I also was given handwritten cards on my last 3 flights, again I don't think that means anything, but it "surprised and delighted" just a bit LOL

I've also seen their handheld when they come to thank me and it says "HVC" by my name

If anyone else has thoughts on what I posted about SkyMiles Support that would be helpful. Thank you.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
They took my boarding passes and resubmitted it for credit.

Just that their process now has become markedly customer unfriendlier. Everyone here has commented on that.

My last VDB of any sort was in 2016, and I have submitted 1 complaint this year via the site, but I don't think any of these have an impact.

I also was given handwritten cards on my last 3 flights, again I don't think that means anything, but it "surprised and delighted" just a bit LOL

I've also seen their handheld when they come to thank me and it says "HVC" by my name

If anyone else has thoughts on what I posted about SkyMiles Support that would be helpful. Thank you.
Admittedly I haven't gone back through all 6 pages of this thread to verify "everyone" here has commented on that. But my experience has been the complete opposite.

Your last sentence "If anyone else has thoughts on..." basically says you don't think I'm helpful, which is fine.

I do find it hard to believe you've seen a FA's handheld where you say "it stated you were a HVC." Has anyone else had a FA show you their handled so you can see the info DL has on you?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Your last sentence "If anyone else has thoughts on..." basically says you don't think I'm helpful, which is fine.

I do find it hard to believe you've seen a FA's handheld where you say "it stated you were a HVC." Has anyone else had a FA show you their handled so you can see the info DL has on you?
I have many examples of Delta being amazing. I compliment them every time that happens.

But with DL, inconsistency is the only consistent element.

I don't think YOU aren't helpful. I did think that individual post, however, did not speak to my point - which should hold the same for any DL customer regardless of status, HVC, etc - how is a random agent putting in a flight # never taken, never in the record, never nothing - this would obviously cause a mismatch and KL denying I flew it (which is correct) and which their basic training should tell them.

Thank you for doubting my sight. I sincerely hope my posts in reply to your other posts/threads have been helpful.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

In other news - caught wind of this Deputy Diamond out there as part of my travels...be careful out there folks

Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by s0ssos
People say this all the time. Has anybody been prosecuted for this? For recording in a public place? Police have tried, and failed. You think Delta would succeed?

A crime means nothing. Speeding is illegal. So most people here have committed a crime. And?
No they haven't (under the circumstances we're talking about), cause it's not how the law works. Just like some people thinking a photo without consent is illegal on private property.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
In other news - caught wind of this Deputy Diamond out there as part of my travels...be careful out there folks

How does that make a deputy diamond? A DYKWIA possibly, but most likely a collector of brag tags.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:45 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Sorry to break it to you, FSU, but, I got 2 or 3 of those cards this year and I'm probably the lowest of the low in terms of "valuable" DMs. I posted my stats in the "Roll Call" thread.....

btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I recall seeing some signifier on the GA computer screen next to my name once. I think it was HVC but don't 100% remember. GM is the highest status I've ever attained, and my spouse PM, and we were traveling together.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was at some DL event where I noticed in passing from what a manager was saying that DL (at that time) was training agents that DMs are HVCs. I think it was the GA for a day event at the DL ATL DO, with the manager starting by asking us to raise hands for MM, DM, etc. (and not surprisingly over half were DMs). It might have been just to make us happy, but I had the sense that it was part of a DL campaign to convince their employees to be nice to DMs.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Feel bad for the OP, DL needs to make sure this doesn’t happens again. D1 was promised by a Redcoat, their word should be gold to a pax.

Looks like and eBay shopper to me.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:52 am

While there is some truth in the statement that Delta tries to differentiate between DM's - particularly those who 'inherit' (high MQM rollover + AMEX waiver) vs. those who earn it. Personal experience (if it counts), says DM phone support gets progressively better as your MQDs stack up.
I shouldn't be surprised by this, but this was a first in my experience on this forum where someone came on a forum topic specifically about a traveler's misfortune and dedicated 90% of the post to brag about themselves and were successful in starting a pissing contest (almost).

btonkid12345 - Thanks for staying classy and good that your issues were resolved - all's well that ends well!

Happy Holidays All!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.