Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ok, I learned something today ...
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
ok, I learned something today ...
So did I.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I mentioned this briefly last night in the Happy Hour and thought I’d flesh it out here in the Lounge rather than in the speculative thread in the forum.

My strategy is based on not caring what Delta does or doesn't do. I've been a DM for many years, I take advantage of the benefits, and I intend to continue as a DM regardless of what Delta does, without wasting my resources. I will end 2021 with over 300K MQM and want to keep as many as I can. I intend to finish 2021 as an FO for 2022, which keeps me as a DM for January 2022. I'll do that with $3,000 - $5,999 MQD. Right now I have just over $3K MQD earned and booked so I'm covered if DL doesn't roll status and MQM again. I'll also avoid spending $25K on my Reserve card to avoid making PM. That's been put away for the duration. Spend will go on my wife’s Reserve card and she'll gift me the MQM's from spend and spend will also be split with a 2 – 5% cash back card. If Europe opens up to travel we’ll nonrev a week over there every month.

If DL doesn't roll status and MQM, I'll use 25K MQM for my FO and rollover the remainder. Then in January, which is normally a light travel month for me, I'll do MR's to get my $15K MQD and become a DM for the remainder of 2022 AND 2023 without having MQM deducted from my stash for 2022.

If DL does roll status and MQM again, I won’t have wasted time and $ doing unnecessary trips and accumulating what would be useless excess MQD’s. I’ll still be a DM for 2022 and use the same strategy for the following year.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I mentioned this briefly last night in the Happy Hour and thought I’d flesh it out here in the Lounge rather than in the speculative thread in the forum.

My strategy is based on not caring what Delta does or doesn't do. I've been a DM for many years, I take advantage of the benefits, and I intend to continue as a DM regardless of what Delta does, without wasting my resources. I will end 2021 with over 300K MQM and want to keep as many as I can. I intend to finish 2021 as an FO for 2022, which keeps me as a DM for January 2022. I'll do that with $3,000 - $5,999 MQD. Right now I have just over $3K MQD earned and booked so I'm covered if DL doesn't roll status and MQM again. I'll also avoid spending $25K on my Reserve card to avoid making PM. That's been put away for the duration. Spend will go on my wife’s Reserve card and she'll gift me the MQM's from spend and spend will also be split with a 2 – 5% cash back card. If Europe opens up to travel we’ll nonrev a week over there every month.

If DL doesn't roll status and MQM, I'll use 25K MQM for my FO and rollover the remainder. Then in January, which is normally a light travel month for me, I'll do MR's to get my $15K MQD and become a DM for the remainder of 2022 AND 2023 without having MQM deducted from my stash for 2022.

If DL does roll status and MQM again, I won’t have wasted time and $ doing unnecessary trips and accumulating what would be useless excess MQD’s. I’ll still be a DM for 2022 and use the same strategy for the following year.
This is roughly my plan as well. Though I won't do the DM mile runs in early 2022. I'll just spend for the PM waiver and let the chip fall where they may for the rest of the year.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the boat's new home a swimming pool in your backyard?
No, but it is surrounded by water

The Cleveland water treatment plant on 2 sides, Lake Erie on another

Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:00 am

Wait, did I miss something? Is DL rolling over status again this year? Between job hunting and prepping the house, I am so disconnected from normal life right now

BTW, GW, thank you for that instagram link. Made me chuckle.

It's a sunny day, think I'm going to gas up and head outta town on a daytrip. Maybe visit Chautauqua Lake in NY. I am REALLY missing New England right now (March/April and the late Fall were often when I would road trip thru tiny towns, to shake off the winter blues).
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:12 am

Oh, and Kipper, this one's for you

Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Wait, did I miss something? Is DL rolling over status again this year? Between job hunting and prepping the house, I am so disconnected from normal life right now

BTW, GW, thank you for that instagram link. Made me chuckle.

It's a sunny day, think I'm going to gas up and head outta town on a daytrip. Maybe visit Chautauqua Lake in NY. I am REALLY missing New England right now (March/April and the late Fall were often when I would road trip thru tiny towns, to shake off the winter blues).
DL hasn't announced anything yet. My opinion is that they won't make any decision until 4Q when they see how the vaccine rollout is affecting the economy and travel although they could be pushed by AA and / or UA making a move.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Oh, and Kipper, this one's for you

LOL
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hello from above North Dakota. Imagine my surprise when I ran into an old friend from SLC (who now lives in Vegas) at the airport this morning. Not only is he on my flight, but he too is on a mileage run.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/fl...6774817128213/ (link should be available for another 20 or so hours)

-J.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Beers in SJ with GW. I hadn't realized Squeak was such a lightweight

GW McLintock and GrjApp like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Beers in SJ with GW. I hadn't realized Squeak was such a lightweight

Squeak wasn't that much of a lightweight at Victory. Perhaps it is a result of COVID?
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
more likely jet lag ... it’s 830pm at home
Old Mar 6, 2021, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
And now that we're seated...

Mandatory food order
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Haply Sunday. International Women’s Day Brunch at our favorite local brewery that happens to be a woman-owned business. Avocado pretzel for me and pretzel lox Benedict for Mrs. P. Not pictured: the excellent beers.

beachmouse and Zorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.