Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I can't believe it is March already.
I'll take it: one more day of cold weather and snow overnight, and then temps over 40 F for as far as the forecast goes, which means that our current 4" of snow cover should be completely gone by the weekend. OTOH, the white stuff this morning looked very pretty, with big flakes for a while and snow laying in tree branches, and then sun and blue skies. Not bad: looks more lamblike than lionlike.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I had intended to be on the AS inaugural flight of the 737MAX at 0630 tomorrow (SEA-SAN; drive to LAX; 1745 return) but work got in the way a couple days ago (mandatory mtg w govt client and her boss 0800-1000) ... decided to fly to LAX early afternoon and SDC to the MAX return leg at 1930 (an extra $50, but no rental car, so basically a wash) ... late Fri they rescheduled the Zoom to 1200-1400 🤬

this morning I booked a 10k miles ticket on a flight departing ~0800, and will use the BP to join the (probably limited) pre-departure “festivities” and meet/mingle with some other FTers ... the fact that I lucked into an opportunity to get my first dose of the vaccine yesterday certainly influenced that decision
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:16 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Does anyone want to fly BWI to HOU and do a quick turnaround back to BWI in late March? I'm trying to help a friend move puppies from HOU to BOS, and I'll drive them from BWI, and will even fly to get 2, but there are 4 that need to move.
Cholula likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by kipper
Does anyone want to fly BWI to HOU and do a quick turnaround back to BWI in late March? I'm trying to help a friend move puppies from HOU to BOS, and I'll drive them from BWI, and will even fly to get 2, but there are 4 that need to move.
I'd love to if I didn't have all this house stuff going on. Keep posting, I'll help someday
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:51 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I'd love to if I didn't have all this house stuff going on. Keep posting, I'll help someday
I have a friend who will ride with me to Boston, but it's the issue of getting them from Houston to me.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just cleaned a birds' nest off my balcony. Hootie has been recalled from winter furlough (hibernation) and is back on the lookout.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Mar 1, 2021 at 1:34 pm
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Well, think I've ID'd the electrician, painter and flooring guy for my renovation. Let the games (and wallet draining) begin.

I'm pissed, though, at both the city and my inspector...they missed that the freakin' service going into the house is 60 amps, though the panel was upgraded to 200 amps. Unbelievable. The amount of shoddy electrical work out here in CLE is shocking. Pun intended. Mama don't put up with such crap. If I lose $$$ in the (eventual) sale because I spent $$$ bringing electric up to code (and properly designed) , I'll won't lose any sleep over it (and I'll sleep hella lot better knowing the house is safe).

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the rat's nest of wiring shoved into a junction box...there must be at least 20 connections they just shoved into a large metal tin. Unbelievable.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
There is an egg on my balcony

-J.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
seems that Hootie is a bit of a slacker
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Well my chairs (which are covered) are between Hootie and the edge they like to perch on. I think these pigeons are very brave. I may have to start looking into more drastic measures soon.

-J.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Sounds like there’s breakfast ingredients on your balcony.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Nasty flight from JFK-ATL today. The woman in the seat across from me and 1 row up spent most of the flight with her head in a barf bag. I don't think she actually lost it but it was close.
Then, deplaning with a connection from a high A gate to F, there was Kevin, holding a sign with my name and a nice grey Porsche at the bottom of the stairs. My first ride in ATL. I've had them other places but this was the first time I had a ride and didn't need it to make an otherwise impossible connection.
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Nasty flight from JFK-ATL today. The woman in the seat across from me and 1 row up spent most of the flight with her head in a barf bag. I don't think she actually lost it but it was close.
Reminds me of A Few Good Men
Weinberg: Dramamine keeps you from throwing up. You get sick when you fly.
Kaffee: I get sick when I fly 'cause I'm afraid of crashing into a large mountain. I don't think Dramamine will help.

My parents flew through ATL earlier this morning and said it was pretty rough on the descent in.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It was rough almost the entire flight. The Captain had the FA's seated and seat belted in for most of it. They did a beverage service in F on the taxi out for takeoff. It smoothed out on approach below 3000'.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
Congrats to Hootie on his impending fatherhood. Hopefully your grandchild will be a cute little birdie. Or do you plan to scramble the egg?

BTW, pigeon in a red wine sauce is a lovely French dish, but I've never eaten owl, nor do I know anyone who has tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.