Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
yeah, I'm in similar condition ... also need to restock the tequila and orange Curacao, which probably won't happen until Thurs anyway
Just in time for Friday!

-J.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
Running out of tequila is a serious issue.
we still have half a bottle of Dos Hombres mezcal, so I guess you could say it's serious but not necessarily critical for this week

fyi, the "hombres" are Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston of "Breaking Bad" fame, and this spirit is muy bueno (used it in our snow-day margaritas)

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Just in time for Friday!
Fri actually starts at 4PST with an alumni wine-tasting happy hour; UPS says the bottles (from Lakewood Vineyards, Watkins Glen NY) are supposed to arrive this afternoon
navi_jen and GW McLintock like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Enjoying some very yummy leftovers today from my new favorite Brazilian restaurant...and it's even sunny. The gods are smiling today
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
we still have half a bottle of Dos Hombres mezcal, so I guess you could say it's serious but not necessarily critical for this week

fyi, the "hombres" are Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston of "Breaking Bad" fame, and this spirit is muy bueno (used it in our snow-day margaritas)

Fri actually starts at 4PST with an alumni wine-tasting happy hour; UPS says the bottles (from Lakewood Vineyards, Watkins Glen NY) are supposed to arrive this afternoon
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Enjoying some very yummy leftovers today from my new favorite Brazilian restaurant...and it's even sunny. The gods are smiling today
Both sound delicious! Our exciting UPS deliveries this week are our first Home Chef order using the Amex Platinum offer and some new coats and warm clothes from the REI winter sale before we move to a colder climate. I'm also enjoying leftovers for lunch, but mine are coconut curry lentils made in the Instant Pot...one of my favorite recipes and so easy.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Both sound delicious! Our exciting UPS deliveries this week are our first Home Chef order using the Amex Platinum offer and some new coats and warm clothes from the REI winter sale before we move to a colder climate. I'm also enjoying leftovers for lunch, but mine are coconut curry lentils made in the Instant Pot...one of my favorite recipes and so easy.
Could've used that REI delivery for cold-climate clothing last week in San Antonio.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Could've used that REI delivery for cold-climate clothing last week in San Antonio.
Seriously! At least in that case it was just cold indoors but without wind or precipitation to contend with inside the house. Sweaters and blankets did pretty well in our case.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
and of course the two large furry felines
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

I'm finally bingeing BB again, first time since the finale aired. I bought the box set (shaped like a barrel, lol) a while ago but hadn't gotten around to watching until now, partly due to the last few episodes being so heavy and then Better Call Saul started up, etc.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm finally bingeing BB again, first time since the finale aired. I bought the box set (shaped like a barrel, lol) a while ago but hadn't gotten around to watching until now, partly due to the last few episodes being so heavy and then Better Call Saul started up, etc.
I have Better Call Saul on right now. Lately I've been watching an episode while I eat lunch. I started the show a while ago (last summer) and got through Season 1 then stopped watching it but very recently picked it back up and now well into Season 3.

According to my military friends who have been stationed at Kirtland AFB in ABQ, Breaking Bad wasn't a tv-show; it was a documentary.

You'd think they'd start a chicken restaurant called "Los Pollos Hermanos".
navi_jen likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:39 pm

If I was starting an Italian restaurant in Albuquerque I’d call it Rooftop Pizza. Pizza on the Roof could also make a good beer name.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
When I visited ABQ a few years ago, I went on the "Breaking Bad RV tour" which includes a trip to, and a special off-menu lunch at, the Twisters restaurant location where they filmed all the Pollos Hermanos scenes. And I vaguely recall that on Yelp there are joke reviews of either that location, or a fictitions LPH, that talk about the great chicken and friendly manager but scary clientele

I love BCS too -- it may even be a better show than BB -- but when rewatching BCS (I usually binge the previous season as a refresher before the next one comes out) a lot of the slow pacing, which is fine the first time through, gets really tedious on re-watch...
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Happy Wednesday! Hoping today is a better day than yesterday.

-J.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Happy Wednesday! Hoping today is a better day than yesterday.

-J.
Well, it's not even 10am and I'm already in my third Zoom/Teams meeting of the day. My fat cat also decided he was hungry and woke me up at 4am, so I expect to be pretty tired this afternoon. Hope you have a great day though!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
G'morning all. First decent weather day up north and I'm stuck working indoors. At least the last of the ice will melt off my truck roof. It was 6" thick and locked into the roof rack when I got here last week.

I won't make Happy Hour tomorrow - I'll be on a flight and the only Zoom is 'into the wild blue yonder'.

Also flying Monday and Tuesday. I'm beginning to feel like it's the old days of 100+ segments a year.

Funny with DL and schedule changes. Had a schedule changes this past weekend for our April flights. We were on separate PNR's since DW decided to make the trip after I'd already booked. Automatically changed by DL from Direct mainline MSY-LGA-MSY on mainline to regional with 6+ hour difference in departure times. Since April events in New Orleans had been cancelled after the bookings, fares had dropped and they credited the fare differences on both tickets. Based on carrier and time changes I called and switched to mainline 1 stops and got even exchanges without the second segment fee added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.